Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

JDM front end on a DB8? What other parts to go along with it? (Sides, rear, wing, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM front end on a DB8? What other parts to go along with it? (Sides, rear, wing, etc.)

I plan on doing the exterior for my DB8 before anything. I was going to get a JDM front end off of eBay or wherever the best deal is. I was wondering what are some off the options I have for side skirts and rear for my DB8? Also, I would consider a wing if it was very simple looking.

I am going to acquire all of the parts first and then get all of it done at a local body shop. I would have all of the parts installed, side moldings sahved, and a complete repaint. I was thinking either MR for the color or Imola Red from the BMW. What should I expect to play for the whole job?

Thanks for the opinions!
Old 08-19-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: JDM front end on a DB8? What other parts to go along with it? (jamezzz122)

Anyone?
Old 08-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM front end on a DB8? What other parts to go along with it? (jamezzz122)

Assuming that you have it all done at a good shop, a complete repaint should run you about $2,000 or more and the conversion probably another $500-750.

As for options on sideskirts and rears, I'd go with the OEM optional kit. Run a search for OEM Optional and you'll get hundreds of pictures. Be prepared to pay for it though. They are hard to find and spendy when you do find them. Oh, and get the ITR lip for your JDM front end.

As for a wing, go with an ITR wing from http://www.spoilerdepot.com. I personally think JDM front ends look hottie hottness with an ITR wing.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: JDM front end on a DB8? What other parts to go along with it? (ThePro)

did they make the optional kit for the DB chassis??? I was under the impression that they only made it for the DC.....though....I have seen replicas for the DB on ebay ( made outta fiberglass )
Old 08-19-2005, 04:13 PM
I drive a G35, it's silver, surprised?

Default Re: JDM front end on a DB8? What other parts to go along with it? (psychoticmindset)

You should get the JDM window visors. Which I happen to be selling here http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=1344064

They'll really compliment your JDM front end!

Let me know
Old 08-19-2005, 04:16 PM

for the front end you'll only need the parts that you would need for the dc chasis. as for sides lately the in thing is to go with the oem optional sides and the optional rears with the 98+ rear bumper. if you can locate a welder and someone who might know where to cut the core supports, you'll save more on install. also, if you know people into the car scene you might be able to find someone who can do the paint for you as well. as for the color choice, it's up to your liking. after all it's your ride not ours. good luck on the conversion. oh and you're right about the oem optionals only being available to the dc chasis, so if you like the look you'll have to get those fiberglass ones off of ebay to fit the db.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (therealdc2itr)

I am going to be doing the same thing. I am going to do the jdm front end, and 98+ rear end. I just have to have it, as soon as I get some $$$
Old 08-19-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: (ajantics)

Thanks for all the replies. Would a JDM frontend with a OEM optional rear look funny without sideskirts? What I also want is a carbon fiber lip.

Is there an ITR lip made in CF? What are some other nice CF lips out?
Old 08-19-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: (jamezzz122)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jamezzz122 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for all the replies. Would a JDM frontend with a OEM optional rear look funny without sideskirts? What I also want is a carbon fiber lip.

Is there an ITR lip made in CF? What are some other nice CF lips out?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think the optional rear pieces would look weird if you did not use the optional sides. i think you should just paint your stock sides and keep the rear as is and then get the jdm front. It flows pretty well. you should check out the dc squad thread in cosmetic/appearence there is a white db8 in there with a jdm front with i pretty sure is stock side painted. and if you go to any of the known body kit sites they have the jdm itr lip in carbon fiber. and i think you can even find them on ebay too. or try http://www.absdynamics.com.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: (therealdc2itr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by therealdc2itr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i think the optional rear pieces would look weird if you did not use the optional sides. i think you should just paint your stock sides and keep the rear as is and then get the jdm front. It flows pretty well. you should check out the dc squad thread in cosmetic/appearence there is a white db8 in there with a jdm front with i pretty sure is stock side painted. and if you go to any of the known body kit sites they have the jdm itr lip in carbon fiber. and i think you can even find them on ebay too. or try http://www.absdynamics.com. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think I am gonna go this way. I could always ADD ON if I feel it is too plain.

Also, I have a 95 DB8. I really dont know hte difference between the previous 3rd gens and the 98+ ones. Should I consider getting 98+ pieces?

Also, any recommended CF lips to go witha JDM frontend?