Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Integra without Power Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra without Power Door Locks

Hello -

Question. If an Integra, a 95 RS for example, does not have power door locks, if I was to get an alarm installed, would that be able to give the car power door locks?

What exactly is needed for the car to have keyless entry? Just an alarm or is it going to be much more complex and expensive?
Old 11-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra without Power Door Locks (Chelica)

i'm pretty sure is does, depending on which alarm. i had an alarm on my civic dx, and it unlocked the doors...
Old 11-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome, that is all I needed to know. Thanks!
Old 11-27-2005, 02:14 AM
BANNED

Default Re: Integra without Power Door Locks (Chelica)

rs es have power door locks stock.. check yo fuses
Old 11-27-2005, 03:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra without Power Door Locks (shutupnsk8)

Your question was poor and redundant but i'll answer it anyway...

If you don't have power locks now, you don't have power lock solonoids in the doors to control it...

Unless your alarm comes with these solonoids, no matter what features it has, it will never be able to lock/unlock the doors.

We don't know what alarm you are buying, nor if you have solonoids in your door. Take off the trim and look yourself. It's freakin' easy.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Integra without Power Door Locks (string)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by string &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your question was poor and redundant but i'll answer it anyway...

If you don't have power locks now, you don't have power lock solonoids in the doors to control it...

Unless your alarm comes with these solonoids, no matter what features it has, it will never be able to lock/unlock the doors.

We don't know what alarm you are buying, nor if you have solonoids in your door. Take off the trim and look yourself. It's freakin' easy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup.

You can buy aftermarket solonoids. They're easy to install, they will come with a power door lock brain, when you get your alarm installed, they connect your alarm brain to your PDL brain and you'll be golden.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shutupnsk8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rs es have power door locks stock.. check yo fuses</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wrong.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Integra without Power Door Locks (simon98h22)

If you install your alarm the Power Doors Locks Fairy will magically install everything you need...

You'll need the soleniods whether OEM or aftermarket and someone with the brains to hook it up
Old 11-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well the only reason why my question was poor and not with a lot of detail because I was just wondering in regards to a prospect Integra I might purchase. I do not have any details other than it does not have power door lock and it being an RS.

Thank you tho.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: (Chelica)

It's simple .... RSs do NOT have PDL, expect to buy an aftermarket kit if you want this.

Price out an aftermarket PDL kit, I paid 60 CDN for a kit with everything. It's an easy DIY, after that just tell the shop installing your alarm (unless you do it yourself) to connect the 2 modules.

Either that or tell the shop doing your alarm instal to throw in a PDL kit since your buying an alarm and having it installed there.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: (simon98h22)

simon98h22 is correct. I have an RS and I had to install the door actuators on each side and run the wires. If your not good with wiring have someone do it. That **** is not fun....especially trying to trace the wires for the alarm.