Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Integra TP Sensor, removal/gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Integra TP Sensor, removal/gasket?

I bought a used engine and I am getting close to putting into my target car and I noticed the TP sensor was removed(don't know why??). Anyways, in the service manual it claims the "TP sensor in not removable." Any idea why it is not supposed to be removed, why mine is, and where I can get a gasket for it.
[IMG][/IMG]

Any advice is appreciated
Old 02-11-2008, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Integra TP Sensor, removal/gasket? (lsturbo*)

you generally have to buy the whole throttle body to replace a tps sensor... but since thats so expensive, ppl usually go to a junk yard and get them by drilling the pop rivets out so that the tps comes off and then they drill it out on theirs and just use screws to install it on their own because the throttle body is actually threaded where the rivets are...

so basically the person before you had the tps sensor take a **** on them and they just went and got another sensor from another teg and put it on theirs instead of spending the insane amount on a complete throttle body... oh and that green thing is the gasket...
Old 02-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Soldering Iron Wizardry

Default Re: Integra TP Sensor, removal/gasket? (ls19integra95)

I replaced the TPS on mine and had to drill out the rivets and used screws instead, but make sure when you put it back together that you set the TPS or else the car won't idle right, someone correct me if i am wrong, but i believe the voltage is supposed to be...

Throttle closed = 0.5v + or - a little
Full throttle = 4.5v + or - a little

When you install the motor, just turn the ignition to acc and set the voltage. I hope this helps, and i'll double check on the voltage for you.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks, that helps a lot. I see that I can't just buy the gasket though...I might have to make a new one, or reuse the old one. Also, when I bought this motor, it came from a wreck, and was in prestine condition which makes me wonder why the sensor was removed and just hanging there. I guess I'll try it, and if it's bad, a least it's not labor intensive to change it out.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Soldering Iron Wizardry

Default Re: (lsturbo*)

i bought mine from password jdm for $40 shipped, not too expensive.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra TP Sensor, removal/gasket? (dc4_wHORE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dc4_wHORE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I replaced the TPS on mine and had to drill out the rivets and used screws instead, but make sure when you put it back together that you set the TPS or else the car won't idle right, someone correct me if i am wrong, but i believe the voltage is supposed to be...

Throttle closed = 0.5v + or - a little
Full throttle = 4.5v + or - a little

When you install the motor, just turn the ignition to acc and set the voltage. I hope this helps, and i'll double check on the voltage for you.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Starting up the car tomorrow, how do I set the voltage on the TP sensor? I see the voltages you listed, but where is the adjustment?
Old 04-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra TP Sensor, removal/gasket? (lsturbo*)

i would imagine youve got to have the throttle lined up right when you attach the sensor. if its not, remove the sensor, adjust, and reattach.

and those voltages are correct pretty much universally.