Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

integra gsr radiator fan mounts

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default integra gsr radiator fan mounts

so, i had to purchase a new denso unnit from rockauto a few months ago and my stock radiator fans mounting holes didnt line up on the passenger side

the radiator i purchased was for the GSR but i am curious if i should try using the GS/LS radiator instead, as i had an incident and need to replace it again.

has anyone experienced this before?

Old 11-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: integra gsr radiator fan mounts

They should be the same as a GSR. Just get a Mishimoto radiator and fan shroud. Mishimoto has a lifetime replacement on the radiator even if its broken crushed ect..
Old 11-02-2018, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by sjg88
so, i had to purchase a new denso unnit from rockauto a few months ago and my stock radiator fans mounting holes didnt line up on the passenger side

the radiator i purchased was for the GSR but i am curious if i should try using the GS/LS radiator instead, as i had an incident and need to replace it again.

has anyone experienced this before?
I think the GS/LS radiator should fit. I had the same issue with my 97 automatic integra, the fans didnt mount to radiator mounting holes on the passenger side, even though the radiator I bought had the automatic transmission cooler lines, the mounts didn't work.

Based on the OEM parts diagram, my guess is acura had two different radiators that originally came on integras, SAK and Denso, and the fan mounts depended on which one it came with.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a 1 1/2" aluminum radiator, for my 2000 LS w/auto.
Everything lined up, except for the 2 very large mounting holes on the bottom.

I used the ends of a thick black rubber bungee cord (the ends that usually hold the "S" clips).
They were big enough that they didn't push through and I set the lower radiator posts on the bungee ends.

That was back in 2006 and they are still there, keeping the radiator from rattling around.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by aw614
I think the GS/LS radiator should fit. I had the same issue with my 97 automatic integra, the fans didnt mount to radiator mounting holes on the passenger side, even though the radiator I bought had the automatic transmission cooler lines, the mounts didn't work.

Based on the OEM parts diagram, my guess is acura had two different radiators that originally came on integras, SAK and Denso, and the fan mounts depended on which one it came with.
thanks man ,saw your post in my other thread as well just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue

Old 11-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes i know what you mean. i recently just flip flopped radiators between my 2 integras. Installed my aluminum Koyo from my 2000 GSR to my 96 RS and my 96 RS oem radiator into my 00 GSR.

I tried installing the 96 RS radiator into the 00 GSR with the 00 GSR fan but the fan was not cross-compatible. I had to keep the 96 RS fan with the 96 RS radiator. The Koyo had provisions for either fan setup so it didn't have problems. There are differences for sure. Just go online and compare the part numbers to see where the changes were made. Not sure if it's a B18B1 vs B18C1 difference or a model year change difference.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quick google search: https://www.team-integra.net/forum/1...radiators.html

must be a difference of what your car came with originally--Koyo or Showa.

probably be best to input your VIN in an acura parts site and see which radiator your car was supposed to come with, then buy the correct radiator or the correct fan.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just an update: i bought the GS radiator and it fits perfectly with my OEM fans