Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

installed a new fuel filter in, and i have a question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed a new fuel filter in, and i have a question

actually 2 questions
i tightened the fuel line that goes to the bottom portion of the fuel filter as much as i can, but theres still some thread left - is that normal?
and the second question, the oem fuel filter came with 3 washers - 2 big and 1 small. I left the small one out because i didnt know where it goes. will that cause any problems?

so far, i drove about 20 miles with it, and i dont notice any leaks.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: installed a new fuel filter in, and i have a question (DC2*Integra)

Can't comment on the exposed threads but as long as it's tight it should be good.

Small washer is for the service port. You obviously didn't remove the service port so you have an extra washer.

Tip: Check the the system at maximum pressure... pull the vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator and it will put the system at maximum pressure. Check for leaks.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC2*Integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i tightened the fuel line that goes to the bottom portion of the fuel filter as much as i can, but theres still some thread left - is that normal?</TD></TR></TABLE>On mine, that lower one is a flare fitting, it's supposed to be like that. The end of the tube is flared, & the nut bottoms out against that, holding it into place. Didn't you see that when you took it out from the old filter?
Old 05-28-2004, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The three washers are crush washers. The two big ones go one on each side of the banjo, and the little one is only used on older model Integra's with the 10mm fuel pressure check port.

The older model bolts were the kind that had an odd head that used a special tool to remove it (altho you could substitute in an adj wrench or box wrench). The newer bolts are just 19mm bolts.

The lower fitting on the fuel filter will have some exposed threads. As long as it's tight enough, it won't leak.

Pressurize the fuel system and check for leaks before driving off.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: installed a new fuel filter in, and i have a question (IN VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IN VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The three washers are crush washers. The two big ones go one on each side of the banjo, and the little one is only used on older model Integra's with the 10mm fuel pressure check port.

The older model bolts were the kind that had an odd head that used a special tool to remove it (altho you could substitute in an adj wrench or box wrench). The newer bolts are just 19mm bolts.

The lower fitting on the fuel filter will have some exposed threads. As long as it's tight enough, it won't leak.

Pressurize the fuel system and check for leaks before driving off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

great info! thanks