Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Hey Guys new to the Teg forum and have a few questions. TRIED SEARCH ALREADY

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 01:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Guys new to the Teg forum and have a few questions. TRIED SEARCH ALREADY

hey whats up guys? well here is my deal. i'm looking for a new car for insureance purposes (have to sell my 93 Z). First i looked at civics because the b18c swap attracted me. but i jsut cant get over how cheap and nasty the car itself feels. feels like it want to fall apart!

My interest now is in Integras.
main questions are what are the differences between the different model tegs? i.e. LS, GS, RS, GSR... i know gsr is the fastest (not counting ITR) and ls is non-vtec but what about suspension wise, and trim? Any other things that stand out in your minds as different and why you would want one over the other.

As i said earlier I have already exhausted my SEARCH efforts and for some reason can not get what im looking for! (maybe im just a dumbass lol )

TIA and any input would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-26-2004, 02:07 AM

well, I'm not an expert on 94+ tegs, I own a 91 but they are similar.

LS luxury series (I don't think they have abs, not sure)
GS all options (with abs)
RS base model minimal options

140 hp, I love how they handle, but from rear-front wheel drive may be an experience for you, but you'll come to like it. great feel for the car, good daily driver or tuner car.

GSR

haven't noticed anything really different from a GS to a GSR aside from motor, 170 hp, again great feel.

ITR, better interior, bucket seats, more power. great handling
Old 01-26-2004, 05:30 AM

Default Re: (FuzZzbaLLz)

IMO the Integra does feel better than a Civic. I heard somewhere they used better bushings than Civics in the Tegs. The suspension is the same for the RS, LS, And GS for sure. I dont know about the GSR but I know type R gets all different suspension! If I was gonna buy another one I would hold out for a clean, low mileage, GSR. They are such a great car. My buddy just dyno'd 152 with a 94 GSR with 190,000 miles on a water break dyno. Intake, header, catback. Thats over 174 to the wheels on a dynojet! wooo hooooooo
Old 01-26-2004, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Hey Guys new to the Teg forum and have a few questions. TRIED SEARCH ALREADY (300zGuy)

Hey its pretty simple

The rs model has all your basic feature of the interior with few bells and whistles.
don't know if it has a sun roof or not.

the LS is your base luxury model with same motor as RS(B18B1) but has sun roof alloywheels and power everything but suspension stays the same

the GS model i think come equiped with leather but id don't know much about the gS

The GSR has the infamous B18C1 with new cams leather interior for most gsr rims and new suspension(only comes in manual) so if someone trys to sell u an factory autotrajic GSR there ethier full of **** or did alot of meaningless work
Old 01-26-2004, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hey Guys new to the Teg forum and have a few questions. TRIED SEARCH ALREADY (300zGuy)

http://www.team-integra.net has a list of specs.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:00 AM

Default Re: (FuzZzbaLLz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FuzZzbaLLz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
LS luxury series (I don't think they have abs, not sure)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

the LS Special Edition does have ABS brakes. I dont know about the base LS.

IMO, the LS Special Edition is the best of both worlds. You got the luxury specs and also a good low-compression motor for a fast, reliable turbo setup!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:50 AM

History of the Acura Integra
http://www.team-integra.net/sections...p?ArticleID=40
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Trim Levels

RS: Regular Series. Available in both coupe and sedan. No sedan available in 1998. Model dropped in 1999. Equipped with the B18B1 DOHC engine putting out 142 HP and 127 ft-lbs. of torque. In 1997, power ratings dropped to 140HP and 124 ft-lbs. of torque. As always, the stripped down model. Standard features were a cassette player, rear window defroster, and tilt steering wheel. Cassette player replaced with CD player in 1997.

LS: Luxury Series. Available in both coupe and sedan. From the RS, the LS adds air conditioning, power windows and door locks, cruise control, and a moonroof. In 1998, the LS became equipped with alloy wheels and in 2000 was given a leather wrapped steering wheel and shift ****. The LS is most popular non-VTEC model Integra and arguably best value.

SE: Special Edition. Available in both coupe and sedan starting from 1995. SE's are only found in 1995 and 1996 model years until they were changed to be named the GS in 1997. From the LS, it added leather seats, alloy wheels on all years, and a rear wing spoiler.

GS: Grand Series. Available in both coupe and sedan starting from 1997. Same standard features as the SE.

GS-R: Grand Series Racing. Available in both coupe and sedan. Equipped with the B18C1 DOHC VTEC engine outputting 170HP and 128 ft-lbs. of torque. Same standard features as the GS minus the leather seats. However, leather seats ended up becoming a standard feature on the GS-R starting in 1999. Again, no auto transmission available for this car.

Type R: Type Racing. Available in coupe only starting from 1997. Not available in the U.S. in 1999. Equipped with fully tuned B18C5 DOHC VTEC engine outputting 195HP and 130 ft-lbs. of torque. Check the Type R Special for the technical differences on this car. Standard features were exclusive of the rest of the models and in 1997, included black mesh/suede bolstered seats with red stitching, mid-height rear wing, front lip spoiler, body colored side rocker panels, shaved door moldings, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift ****, power windows and door locks, and exclusive white powder-coated light-weight alloy wheels with 5-lug configuration. In 2000, added standard features were an aluminum shift ****, gunmetal lightweight alloy wheels, and air conditioning. As with the GS-R, no automatic transmission was available for the Type R. But if you were thinking about getting this car with an automatic transmission you shouldn't be thinking about this car at all.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

USDM Integra 94-01 (Gen3)
http://www.team-integra.net/sections...p?ArticleID=43
Old 01-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey Guys new to the Teg forum and have a few questions. TRIED SEARCH ALREADY (sys3rror)

yeah thats exactly my thinking with the low compression b18b. i would like to go to a turbo setup. the only reason i woiuld be looking for a gsr would be for some fun now, and the flexabillity to be able to buy a b18b and rebuild it with better parts and set up my turbo. then take my newlt rebuilt motor and just drop it in.

probably sell the b18c1 to some civic guy that wants to swap.

sound like im on the right track or do you guys have any other input?

Thanks for all the help so far!
Old 01-26-2004, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so the ls, gs, and se all come with leather seats/ had the option of leather interior?
Old 01-26-2004, 02:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 300zGuy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so the ls, gs, and se all come with leather seats/ had the option of leather interior?</TD></TR></TABLE>
94-99 rs = no leather option
94-01 ls = no leather option
95-96 se = leather standard
97-01 gs = leather standard
94-98 gsr = leather option
99-01 gsr = leather standard
Old 01-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey Guys new to the Teg forum and have a few questions. TRIED SEARCH ALREADY (sys3rror)

thanks man!
Old 01-26-2004, 02:44 PM

Only because it was brough up before, and not answered in that very thoroughmodel comparison... My LS does have ABS. dont know for sure, but I think it was standard.
-Mike
Old 01-26-2004, 08:21 PM

Default Re: (AngelTeg)

even though RS/LS are lighter then GS... i'd still get GS just because i cant put up with manual windows and no powerlock
Old 01-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GSaargh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSaargh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
even though RS/LS are lighter then GS... i'd still get GS just because i cant put up with manual windows and no powerlock </TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed! i want leather too. the only reason im going for the "luxury stuff" is because it is going to be a daily driver.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:02 PM

Default Re: (300zGuy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 300zGuy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

agreed! i want leather too. the only reason im going for the "luxury stuff" is because it is going to be a daily driver.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I have leather and i think its a biatch. When its hot it sucks. When its cold it sucks. The only thing is it doesn't stink if you smoke.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My LS has ABS
My LS doesn't have leather
Old 01-27-2004, 04:33 AM

Default Re: (96gsr4dr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96gsr4dr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I have leather and i think its a biatch. When its hot it sucks. When its cold it sucks. The only thing is it doesn't stink if you smoke.</TD></TR></TABLE>

its true...but man it looks a hell of a lot better than cloth IMO.

im tellin ya, go find an LS Special Edition and boost the hell out of it!! or better yet, buy Cheesefrogs turbo B18B1 setup...that takes all the guess work out. And it 430+WHP w/o gas!!!