Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Help i had an accident.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help i had an accident.

ok so yeah...Im 17, and i hit a parked car the other day...I have a problem. Since NOTHING happend to the car, i didnt report it. It was a girl from school, but i had an appt. to go to so i wasnt in school that day. well i get home and the cops called me and i had to go there. they gave me a summons to court for "leaving the scene of an accident". when u hit somone (well bump) a parked car, do you have to report it. Cause i didnt think so. but the thing is, once i found out whos car it was, i tried to get her number and 5 mins after the cops called. so now i have to go to court and probley loose my licence. Is there anyting i can do????? any help would be great guys!!!!
Old 03-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help i had an accident. (96teggyls)

Be honest with the judge and tell him you just bumped the bumper (it wasn't an actual "hit")...it wasn't serious enough you thought to warrant calling anyone about.

Be honest...you'll be fine (assuming it wasn't something worse).
Old 03-22-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Help i had an accident. (Tweakmeister)

Yes, honesty is the key here. I can almost guarantee he'll let you
go, unless he decides to be an a**hole that day. Good luck !
Old 03-22-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Help i had an accident.

ok...so you dont think ill loose it. IM really worried cause here in maine...IM a CLam digger. I normally make liek 150-200 dollars a day...and thats where all my finds for the car comes from. There wasnt even a little scratch on her car!!!!!! its soo rediculous....do you think i can win it if i fight it???
Old 03-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help i had an accident. (Tweakmeister)

Dude... My friend got fucked for the same situation. If it's your only first offense, they always give you a break, if not that, lessen the consequence. You can't leave a fender bender cause it's almost a crime. But relax, the worlds not ending, and all you have to do is be truthful to the judge. Tell him that YOU didn't know that you should have stayed there instead of leaving.

Old 03-22-2004, 05:57 PM

ohh ok...so did your friend get busted for it or what?? if he did what were the consequences..and yeah i had no frigin idea what to do...I just gotmy licence last year..ya know..I have a totally clean record!!! so i think that will help.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you'll get introuble because it is leaving the scene of an accident,.. but its also your first time. so you'll more than likely just get a slap on the wrist and a fine or something stupid . and lawyers are super expensive by the way
Old 03-22-2004, 06:03 PM

Obvious reasons, you should of left a note somewhere on the vehicle.

If your appt was important(doctor, had to get a car fixed, dentist, etc) show that you went to it and it was planned.

Get your call records to show that you tried to call the person(or called asking) looking for the persons number that you hit.

Like they said, be honest. Talk to a lawyer, they might be able to give you better ideas. Not saying take one into court, as it wont be more then 5-15m while your there, but ask one for ideas.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:06 PM

yeah ok...Dont i have like 24 hours to report that. After school was out, i went up to the parking lot but she had already left, me or my g/f iddnt know whos car it was, so when i dropped her off, i told her to find out whos car it is and tell me so i can get ahold of her. i found out anf then i got busted before i could do anything..Do you think ill loose my licence thought....seeming i havnt had it for 2 years yet??
Old 03-22-2004, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It sounds like there was damage or she wouldnt have called the cops.... Your not even being truthful with us.

Old 03-22-2004, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Help i had an accident. (zilverz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zilverz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It sounds like there was damage or she wouldnt have called the cops.... Your not even being truthful with us.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldn't go against him too quick, I've known some girls that if they saw it or even heard about it they'd do something stupid like that. I'm not sayin it's just girls, but there's people that have that ******* personality.

As for going to court, follow Zunger's advice and stay truthful. You should make it through.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how did you hit a parked car?
Old 03-22-2004, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Help i had an accident. (Mattyg2)

not to be on anyones side, but if you hit / bumped my car and left, i would be pretty pissed.

I wasn't there, i wouldn't know, there's always two sides to every story. Just tell the truth and you'll be ok.

p.s. it's lose, not loose. ( it was just growing on me )
Old 03-22-2004, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Help i had an accident. (TurboSC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not to be on anyones side, but if you hit / bumped my car and left, i would be pretty pissed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with you, but then again it depends on the damage. If he did barely bump it, there would probably be just a paint transfer. w/out a dent this would be easy to fix, but the best thing would've been to leave a note. I don't know about you guys, but that feeling when you hit someone, you don't think anymore. You just do the first thing that comes to mind. For him, that coulda been leave.

Hope you get everything taken care of...
Old 03-22-2004, 09:20 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96teggyls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">me or my g/f iddnt know whos car it was, so when i dropped her off, i told her to find out whos car it is and tell me so i can <U>get ahold of her</U>.</TD></TR></TABLE> so u didnt know whos car it was jsut that it was a girls car?
Old 03-23-2004, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Help i had an accident. (epsom salt)

hey....i know whos car it is now...And im being truthful. I guess it was going around the school so she found out. Oh and it hit it because it was just snowing, and i slid into her going not even 5 miles per hour..i hit her bumper, there wasnt even any paint!!!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 03:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

whatabout contacting her now????

maybe she could talk to the judge too when you are there and say that your gonna pay for the damage( if any) or sweet up to her and make her like you, or something , but i think def talk to her soon
Old 03-23-2004, 05:06 AM

Call a lawyer. Right now or you will be sorry.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:20 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96teggyls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh and it hit it because it was just snowing, and i slid into her going not even 5 miles per hour..i hit her bumper, there wasnt even any paint!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
So how did she know it was hit?
Old 03-23-2004, 05:48 AM

I had a similar incident. I was parallel parked and was inching back SLOWLY to get enough room to pull out. As I was about ot pull out this lady come running up to my car and starts yelling that I hit her car and messed the bumper up. The thing was, is that you know when you bump someone and I know I didn't bump her car. I got out and she is yelling at me about how I messed up her car and how I was gonna pay. Well I look and she is pointing to this little smudge on the bumper of her car. I'm talking a little smudge smaller than a thumb print. Anyways my bumper di not have one single mark. Not one and I had just gotten it painted a week prior so paint was still fresh on my car. I told her there was no way I could have done that and was not going to stand there and let her yell obcenities at me. I got in my car and left, giving her the bird while she continued to yell at me. I got back home and as I'm pulling up there are some cops waiting for me. I explained to them what had happened and they totally agreed with me that my car could not have done that. This lady even had the officer call out a supervisor because she said that the original cop was prejudice against her. (she was a nut) Anyways the cops made us exchage information just to please her and shut her up. Well after the cops file their report (which was totally in my favor) she tried to file an insurance claim to get her car fixed. The car was a beat up piece. Anyways my insurance told her to f**k herself so she tried to take me to court. Where the judge basically told her she was a lunitic. Anyways I would explain to the judge that due to the fact that you saw no damage what so ever that you deemed your appointment more important at that time but then tried to later on track down the vehicle owner as a courtesy to the owner if there was any damage that was missed in the initial inspection. Have your girlfriend testify that you asked her to help you track down this person. Explain to the judge that you are not trying to run from responsibility as you did try to find the owner later but in fact you didn't realize there was anything to take resposibility for at the time of the incident. You'll be fine. Take pictures of your car and the other persons if possible to prove there was no damage. Also when in court be calm and confident when speking with the judge
Old 03-23-2004, 05:55 AM

hey. the only reason she knew it was hit, was caause someone saw me bump into her car, and it went around the school. Damnit i should have reported it i guess, i should have called the cops and been like. "i bumped a car, oh no" hahaha....this is soo gay.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:04 AM

hahaah, damn that sucks. the part that sucks was you didn't even look around to see if n e body saw it. naw nothing really bad "should" happen. you should have waited for her and exchange insurance information. cause if it's not as bad as you lcaim, then nothing could have happened. cause she can't get it fixed if it's not broken hahaha. damn, big mistake when you left
Old 03-23-2004, 06:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you had an accident, fess up. go to court and pay the fine or whatever.

the fact that you make $200 a day makes me wonder why youre being so petty over this. its just an accident and you undoubtedly have insurance... if youre cheap and only have liability, then you have no one to blame than yourself for the drama here....

Old 03-23-2004, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A MUST before you go to court: TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR BUMPER!

If there was in fact no damage, you need EVIDENCE of this, no magsitrate in the world will take your word for it. If you know where her car is or can find it, go take pictures of it as well.

Take actual photographs (not digital) in good lighting, have them developed immediately, and write the date you took the pictures on the backs.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Help i had an accident. (VTechie)

Hey....no well u know whats weird...my got a dent....only because....a friend backed into my car one time before that in the samr spot...it left a dent...so when i bumped into this car...her bumper pushed my dent in more...but leaving her car mint. its soo dumb...so what im asking...do you guys think im going to lose my licence or what?? and if soo for how long?

Quick Reply: Help i had an accident.