RSR 2.25" magnum tippped muffler
2001 CTR Intake and exhaust cams with CTR springs and retainers
Toda Adjustable Cam Gears

I plan on:
Holley fuel regulator
Holley High Flow Fuel pump
Prelude Fuel injectors
AEM high flow fuel rail
Bored out Throttle body(doing research on what diameter to bore it out to, suggestions would be helpful)
A light port and polish on the Head and a polished and port matched intake manifold.
ECU programmed by HONDATA to compliment it all
Koni yellows with Ground Control coilovers
Type R rear sway bar with BSQ kit(where can i find this)

So if anyone has any suggestions as to how well this will work,or other parts that i should think about instead what i have listed, I would greatly appreciate it. Mind you all this is for a 1994 GSR.

Old 11-09-2002, 12:38 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: IS this a good setup? (au-gsr)

Sounds to me like you are already a step in the right direction. Good luck with everything.
Old 11-10-2002, 01:07 PM

come on guys give me some input!!!
Old 11-10-2002, 02:56 PM

How much wheel hp are you looking to make because Your stock fuel pump is good for 200+ hp and your injectors are good for around 190-200 hp. If your not looking to hit over these numbers than maybe you could spend that money on other mods. Maybe a thin layer head gasket, just one of many great mods for the B-series. Just my 2 cents, sounds like you have a great start.
Old 11-10-2002, 04:06 PM

Default Re: IS this a good setup? (jdmb18c)

after all that i plan on throwing on a JRSC if the car survives that long. I uess thta's why i'm thinking about the fuel delivery, but mind you it will all be done in steps with the fuel delivery system being one of the last things i plan on delving into. i think though that the fuel regulator is necessary but the others aren't as important. as far as spring rates go for the gc what would be a good lb. rating?
Old 11-10-2002, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i thought jrsc kit comes with the fuel pump
Old 11-10-2002, 06:30 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: IS this a good setup? (GSRacer1)

hrmm,
I would for sure, most definetly go zeal b-2 coil overs, not because they are "JDM" but because they perform excelent and are very adjustable

you should not need the holley fuel regulator.
after much discusion, you will not need an fpr with hondata. hondata can do more and be better on your fuel system
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=306487

If you are going to P&P your head, get some itr lost motion assymblies while the head is apart. add some arp head bolts and a thinner head gasket to bump your cr ratio.

instead of spending money on making the gsr intake manifold breathe better, spend it on a skunk2 manifold.

or spend it on a better header

for your throttle body, I think I am going to send mine to king motor sports and have them open it up a bit. there are only a few options to go with. A&J racing also can bore your throttle body a bit too
if you feel like wasting your money you can a itr throttle body, but its a bit expensive (500)

btw, the zeal setup will also depreciate less over time
Old 11-11-2002, 09:28 AM

sounds to me like you went out and spent a **** load of money to gain 15 hp. Why dont you stop listening to shops that are trying to make money of your newb *** and start doing things that add real power. I can get nx wet kits for 500 bucks that make 100 hp and 80 lb tq for your car, doesnt that seem more logical? You think all the racers that are actually winning races even have bullshit exhaust mods? **** no.. they are all running straight off theyre down pipes. And what the **** is this **** about how much power do you plan to make? HAHA.. wtf do you think? THE MOST you possibly can of course. You ****** retards actually shoot for less than 1 billion hp? But dont listen to me... just keep makin all these gay *** shops rich by buying all theyre no hp makin, shitty gas mileage makin parts=P
Old 11-11-2002, 10:26 AM

Default Re: IS this a good setup? (turbo5.7L)

Like he said, don't lissen to him. I was running a NX wet system last year. I had some fun with it but I love my allmotor setup. I'm a second faster in the 1/4 mile now and the power is always there.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:28 PM

Default Re: IS this a good setup? (turbo5.7L)

well lets see if i was running a nos kit i would be cheating and if that was all i bought i don't think that the stock exhaust system would have the ability to deal with all that cheating power. there is something beautiful about an all motor engine. you have to start somewhere and if you do it right(especially when stock parts need to be replaced) you shouldn't have to worry about nos. have you watched the fast and the furious every day since it came out. newb your own ***. i believe that with a properly built engine and a well thought out plan, there are better things out there than nos. by the way i never talked to anyone who worked in a mod shop, all they try to do is sell you items that you don't need. each piece i have put on my car has been researched to the terms and degree that i want my car to be(with the help from some of the really smart and informative people on this board(newsgsrdriver, chris, evil teken,GSRaCeRbOI, BSQ, etc.(by the way thanks for all the good info guys)). not what you ****** ricers think it ought to be. you take that nos kit off and all you have is a stock car. anyone else want to try and flame this post bring it!! you stupid newb ****(turbo 5.7l)

[Modified by au-gsr, 3:30 PM 11/11/2002]