Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Fuel pressure question

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel pressure question

I have got a ls/vtec in now and I took it to the shop to have a little work done. I have a blox fpr and the gauge is mounted on the fuel filter.....The mechanic told me he set it at 40 psi.....but when the car is idling it is more like 35 psi. I noticed that he must have set it when the vacuum hose is off of the fpr. Is this the correct way to set fuel pressure (when the vacuum hose is off)?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel pressure question (hybrid98)

If your Blox is like my B&M (cut the top off of the OEM regulator and install), then:

I always take the vacuum hose off to adjust the fuel pressure -- primarily because I grab the end where the hose is/was with a pair of needle nose pliers (after loosing the nut on the top, of course) and then turn it to adjust.

About 1/4 turn clockwise adds 1+psi of pressure (if I remember right).

Then I re-attach the hose and check the gauge to see if I have it dialed in right. I have mine adjusted to between 38-42psi, depending on the outside temperature (that's on a modified N/A B16A).

Hope the helps.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Fuel pressure question (hybrid98)

proper fuel pressure is taken of the fuel rail like on the factory fuel rail that is why the regulator is on the fuel rail
Old 08-15-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Fuel pressure question (GSR-TRBO-DA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSR-TRBO-DA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">proper fuel pressure is taken of the fuel rail like on the factory fuel rail that is why the regulator is on the fuel rail</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fuel pressure question (GSR-TRBO-DA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSR-TRBO-DA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">proper fuel pressure is taken of the fuel rail like on the factory fuel rail that is why the regulator is on the fuel rail</TD></TR></TABLE>

Kind of hard when you have an OEM rail
Besides, I have seen countless numbers of whips with them on the fuel filter.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alec1241 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your Blox is like my B&M (cut the top off of the OEM regulator and install), then:

I always take the vacuum hose off to adjust the fuel pressure -- primarily because I grab the end where the hose is/was with a pair of needle nose pliers (after loosing the nut on the top, of course) and then turn it to adjust.

About 1/4 turn clockwise adds 1+psi of pressure (if I remember right).

Then I re-attach the hose and check the gauge to see if I have it dialed in right. I have mine adjusted to between 38-42psi, depending on the outside temperature (that's on a modified N/A B16A).

Hope the helps.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know how to adjust it because I turned it up yesterday. Thanks for the reply.

What would the variance be between the rail and the fuel filter?