Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Engine is out, what shall I do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine is out, what shall I do?

So, I have a 98' GSR with 200,000 miles. It needed a bunch of stuff such as oil pan gasket, rear main seal, new clutch, engine mounts, intake manifold gasket, timing belt, water pump, cam seals, etc. So I pulled the engine to make installing all of this stuff easier and found a few things such as a broken exhaust manifold bolt and a leaking PCV canister.

But what else do you guys think I should do while it is out. The engine has been regularly serviced it's whole life and compression is solid.
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2015, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Engine is out, what shall I do?

Do you have anything planned or a budget? Kind of a vague question if you aren't telling us if you have anything in mind. I'd clean up the engine bay and degrease the hell out of it.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The only thing planned is to replace the items I listed. I don't really have a budget but I don't want to go crazy either.

I did decide to get the valve cover powdercoated though.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

first thing is to figure out what YOU want to do with the car.

Then figure the budget to do so, and move forward...

BOOST, N/A

Not really understanding the thread here.... is this just for a Rebuild?

If so, you still gotta replace the rings/hone/spec/bearings etc.....

If you want to do a stock rebuild, then do it, its got 200k for christ sake its not new... yes compression is good now.... but for how much longer is the question........ DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME is the best advice i will give
Old 11-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Just rplace all the gaskets o rings misc sensors, thermostat just so you know have everything fresh, next step would be to pull off the head and get the head rebuilt with a new seals ect so its fresh with 0 miles, torquing the head is very simple. You can buy a master rebuild kit like the OEM honda sells and it has most every gasket you need to replace.

Rebuild the block too if you want or at the very least clean off the top of the pistons when you remove the head.

dry ice blasting the block and parts will be a good way to get the dirt right off leaving it nice and clean and new looking, i had a grimmy block that was in good condition but dirty to helland looked like it was hot taked clean! can be done to the trans case as well even the whole engine. Look up a dry ice blaster near you, guy just hooked up the machine with the gun and blasted away the dirt and grime! block and trans looked clean and new something you can do if hand scrubing it is too much work.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Clean it all up, clutch anything that is a pain/impossible with it in there you're an 00 member why are you asking this even? just leave it plain and simple it's pretty embarrassing if you're riding around in a loud *** Honda in your late 20's.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:29 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B_Swapped93
Clean it all up, clutch anything that is a pain/impossible with it in there you're an 00 member why are you asking this even? just leave it plain and simple it's pretty embarrassing if you're riding around in a loud *** Honda in your late 20's.
LOL you gotta be one insecure bitch to mod/not mod and/or buy a certain car for the sole purpose of impressing other people.

anyway op..your asking a super vague question....especially without stating your goals for the car
Old 12-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

+1

I think you have a good list there. Just look over everything and clean it up as need be. Slap it back in.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LSTurbo23
LOL you gotta be one insecure bitch to mod/not mod and/or buy a certain car for the sole purpose of impressing other people.

anyway op..your asking a super vague question....especially without stating your goals for the car
Do realize the type of kids that drive these cars primarily, you want to be classed in with them pffft ok buddy. As for the cheap shots/name calling it was my choice to pay a new 2015 F350 in full at age 20 vs dumping that into "builds". Where did I say impress? why TF would I want to be classed in the same group as your average 90's Honda/acura past 20 y/o who talk about "lip kitz/ i'm going boosted next year bro".

Edit: i'll leave certain race groups out of this but they're the worst when it comes to this tarnished rep.

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 12-01-2015 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:06 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 183 Likes on 161 Posts

Pressure wash the engine bay and get all the grime outta there.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:53 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Do realize the type of kids that drive these cars primarily, you want to be classed in with them pffft ok buddy. As for the cheap shots/name calling it was my choice to pay a new 2015 F350 in full at age 20 vs dumping that into "builds". Where did I say impress? why TF would I want to be classed in the same group as your average 90's Honda/acura past 20 y/o who talk about "lip kitz/ i'm going boosted next year bro".

Edit: i'll leave certain race groups out of this but they're the worst when it comes to this tarnished rep.

lol wow..you got a ford truck..so classy

shut the **** up

driving a ford truck doesn't make you a better person...as a matter of fact i can name a couple hondas right now id rather own than your tonka truck..now your grouped with dumb hillbilly rednecks...cool

and yes your trying to impress people...you claim theres some stigma about driving a honda so you got a ford truck that you think will make you cooler...your lame..and your on a honda forum talking **** about hondas...lol lame ***
Old 12-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol wow..you got a ford truck..so classy

shut the **** up

driving a ford truck doesn't make you a better person...as a matter of fact i can name a couple hondas right now id rather own than your tonka truck..now your grouped with dumb hillbilly rednecks...cool

and yes your trying to impress people...you claim theres some stigma about driving a honda so you got a ford truck that you think will make you cooler...your lame..and your on a honda forum talking **** about hondas...lol lame ***

A 70K+ truck is more respectable than a old *** Honda budd, do you even spell bro? it's "you're" you're proving my point well here with childish name calling/horrid grammar. I really hope you're not in your mid/late 20 and still have a "turbo-ls" and similar winter car, check my build thread I have more than enough credibility on here to post against the cars I used to build in my teens.
Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2015, 09:53 AM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 183 Likes on 161 Posts

A 70K+ truck is more respectable than a junk *** Honda budd, do you even spell bro? it's "you're" you're proving my point well here with childish name calling/horrid grammar.
no offense but in my area I see a bunch of 20 year old kids driving around in bro trucks like yours.

also 20 year old kids in Hondas
Old 12-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Caoboy
no offense but in my area I see a bunch of 20 year old kids driving around in bro trucks like yours.

also 20 year old kids in Hondas
Same here man, I just chose to leave all the ones that still talked about "yo i'm going boosted next year bro" and dumbass foreigners that owned these car. I'm not racist but that was a MAJOR reason, if you saw the kind of middle eastern/Indian kids that are the primary scene here you'd be out. Dishonest, always getting caught stealing parts/selling junk engines the list goes on lowballing the **** out of you.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:19 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

A 70K+ truck is more respectable than a old *** Honda budd, do you even spell bro? it's "you're" you're proving my point well here with childish name calling/horrid grammar. I really hope you're not in your mid/late 20 and still have a "turbo-ls" and similar winter car, check my build thread I have more than enough credibility on here to post against the cars I used to build in my teens.
shut the **** up..again

i dont proof read internet posts...who gives a ****...its informal..and your on a honda site **** talking hondas and brown people who own hondas...yes you are a very respectable person

i dont give a **** about your construction truck your making payments on
i dont give a **** that your 20 with a truck
your not the only 20 yr old with a pickup
i have a turbo lsvtec and a an e46
i dont give a **** how "cheap" they are
i dont give a **** if owning a certain car gives me less "respectability" when i bought the car because I like it
i dont give a **** who about what other people drive
so like i said..your an insecure **** who needed to purchase a vehicle to feel like a respectable person LOLOL
Old 12-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Plead da Fif

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh look, another online ***** contest.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

shut the **** up..again

i dont proof read internet posts...who gives a ****...its informal..and your on a honda site **** talking hondas and brown people who own hondas...yes you are a very respectable person

i dont give a **** about your construction truck your making payments on
i dont give a **** that your 20 with a truck
your not the only 20 yr old with a pickup
i have a turbo lsvtec and a an e46
i dont give a **** how "cheap" they are
i dont give a **** if owning a certain car gives me less "respectability" when i bought the car because I like it
i dont give a **** who about what other people drive
so like i said..your an insecure **** who needed to purchase a vehicle to feel like a respectable person LOLOL

Too bad it was paid in full i'm not some nobody like you IRL, ohh **** in your late 20's with just that to your name and you're trying to talk down to someone 8-10 years younger?. You care enough to get all salty and respond, congrats on your 2 cheap *** cars at "age 27" that's sad.

I'm DONE there's a mod in here now..
Old 12-02-2015, 10:35 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Too bad it was paid in full i'm not some nobody like you IRL, ohh **** in your late 20's with just that to your name and you're trying to talk down to someone 8-10 years younger?. You care enough to get all salty and respond, congrats on your 2 cheap *** cars at "age 27" that's sad.

congrats on getting mommy and daddy to drop some cash for your ford

its sad that a ford truck is the key to your success...LOL
Old 12-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Same here man, I just chose to leave all the ones that still talked about "yo i'm going boosted next year bro" and dumbass foreigners that owned these car. I'm not racist but that was a MAJOR reason, if you saw the kind of middle eastern/Indian kids that are the primary scene here you'd be out. Dishonest, always getting caught stealing parts/selling junk engines the list goes on lowballing the **** out of you.
LOL there mostly Asian out here but pretty much the same scene, i try to drive my Integra everyday if i can and i can give a **** about what people think! Especially those who think i cant afford something better or bigger! i was about to bite the bullet last year and buy me a Porche but said **** it! rather drive my integra and baught me a lil civic to commute to work and back to save gas and its easy to work on! maybe next year ill buy something more "adult" but untill then ill continue to enjoy my hondas.

But to say you left the Honda game cause of certain types of shady people in your area is shallow. I see your still on these forums all the time still regardless if you have a truck or honda so to me it seems you still have a thing for them. In my area in CA the scene is huge and the majority of the people are like you say shady thieves and dont know half the **** they claim too. But this never stoped me or the many many adults i know still who build bad *** hondas not the **** you see at the street races or parking lot meets and we dont take the cars there either only local shows.

And i hear you about the stupid lingo some of the younger generation uses it just makes me sick sometimes. Like when someones says, "what you running?" or "vtec cracks hard yo!" i just stop and turn around and walk away slowly.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:40 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
LOL there mostly Asian out here but pretty much the same scene, i try to drive my Integra everyday if i can and i can give a **** about what people think! Especially those who think i cant afford something better or bigger! i was about to bite the bullet last year and buy me a Porche but said **** it! rather drive my integra and baught me a lil civic to commute to work and back to save gas and its easy to work on! maybe next year ill buy something more "adult" but untill then ill continue to enjoy my hondas.

But to say you left the Honda game cause of certain types of shady people in your area is shallow. I see your still on these forums all the time still regardless if you have a truck or honda so to me it seems you still have a thing for them. In my area in CA the scene is huge and the majority of the people are like you say shady thieves and dont know half the **** they claim too. But this never stopped me or the many many adults i know still who build bad *** hondas not the **** you see at the street races or parking lot meets and we dont take the cars there either only local shows.

And i hear you about the stupid lingo some of the younger generation uses it just makes me sick sometimes. Like when someones says, "what you running?" or vtec cracks hard yo! i just stop and turn around and walk away slowly.

porsche???? you aint ballin unless you get a ford pickup cuz!
Old 12-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Plead da Fif

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Mods have blue names, and they've deserted this subforum. I imagine this thread will remain open for some time.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL right!, I mean no 911 but a base model is still pretty affordable. But i work in a high end area of SD its the Beverly hills of San Diego La Jolla, all you see is Proches lambos and ferraris. I think seing all the porches made me get a lil tingly inside haha.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You're over 27 and have 2 sub 10K cars please get a life and go to school, lol at your other comment 32,000 views in 5 months on that thread I told everyone why I quit. Lets so this non-M3 e46 broo you fit in with all the other brown kids in this area with cheap BMW's who think they're ballin, you're mad that someone younger than you is roasting you?.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:02 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
LOL right!, I mean no 911 but a base model is still pretty affordable. But i work in a high end area of SD its the Beverly hills of San Diego La Jolla, all you see is Proches lambos and ferraris. I think seing all the porches made me get a lil tingly inside haha.
Yeh man my job sent me over there....my hotel was by a porsche dealership in carslbad(sp?) by the airport...saw/heard the sexiest panamera ever over there...owner was mad nice..his exact words were "i wish i bought a ford truck to get more respect but this will do"...those actually werent his words but he was still cool as hell doe
Old 12-02-2015, 11:07 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

You're over 27 and have 2 sub 10K cars please get a real job and go to school, lol at your other comment 33K views in 5 moths on that thread I told everyone why I quit. Lets so this non-M3 e46 broo you fit in with all the other brown kids in this area with cheap BMW's who think they're ballin, you're mad that someone younger than you is roasting you?.
your not roasting me at all lol
ive spoken with a 13 year old that got accepted to MIT and went to india to incorporate and develop reverse osmossis water systems for better public water..somehow a **** talking twenty year old on a forum with a ford doesnt impress me.

are you a millionaire? do you OWN a home? if not..dont talk down on me cause you have a ******* ford bruh..your not **** to me..this is hilarious that someone really thinks being 20 with a new pickup truck is some sort of life accomplishment

Quick Reply: Engine is out, what shall I do?