Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

DA Seat belts to JDM

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA Seat belts to JDM

Alright, so I have a few things that are preventing me from doing the conversion, but let's get started with the problems, and see if you guys can answer them.

1. I have a JDM cluster and the "door" light goes on when the door is open while the car is "on". When the car is off, the "door" light stays on while the dome light is set to the "door" position. (Odd I know, but it needs to be fixed.)

2. What exactly comes with the JDM seat belts other than the standard 3 point seat belts and trim pieces? Is there a module for the seat belts like the USDM seat belts have?

3. My USDM seat belts died a long time ago, I went to the dealer and they tried to screw me, so I gave up on that ****, so what needs to be done to be able to have 3 point seat belts?

I may have missed some details, but if you could help me out, that would be great. Let me know if you need any more info, I'll be checking this a few times a day.

Also, currently, my seat belt motors are disconnected, would that have anything to do with the "door" light? (I doubt it, but it could be it)
Old 08-12-2009, 03:48 PM

Default Re: DA Seat belts to JDM

Bump, anyone got info?
Old 08-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What did the dealership tell you about your USDM seatbelts? They have a lifetime warranty, so if they are busted, they are freaking obligated to fix them without giving you any crap.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:52 PM

The dealership said yes, that the seat belts themselves are covered under warranty, but other things aren't, for example my passenger door pin was bad and they wanted to charge me $70 for it and I gt it for free at a junk yard and it works fine now. If I take it back, they're going to find some other **** to charge a ridiculous amount to fix, and I'd rather have 3-point harnesses instead. I just need to know a few things before I go out and buy the **** to do it.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:05 PM

well, the dealer will tell you what needs to be done. not what will be cheap or reasonable for you. plus you will get brand new parts and im sure a warranty on the work.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:28 PM

Again, as I posted before. I don't give 3 ***** about the factory passive seat belts, I don't trust electrical components with my safety anyways, they've already gone forward on me once while driving. I'm not going to get it fixed, I'm going JDM 3-point, but what I want to know is what would be causing my "door" light to be lit on my cluster, and what needs to be done for JDM 3-point other than just the belts and the panels. I don't want to know how to fix my passive belts, I already know what needs to be done, and I'm not dealing with the stealership.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:51 PM

WOW. breathe dude.. as for the cluster, if you didnt notice the lights are different on the jdm one as oppose to the us one. maybe its a different light. if it bothers you so much, pull the bulb genius.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:02 PM

The lights are different, yes on the JDM cluster it's the seat belt light, but it's wired to the door pins. Pulling the light out is rigging it and I like to do **** the right way. I know it's the door light since it turns on when I open the doors, genius. Since you have absolutely no use to me, please stop posting in this thread since I'm looking for legitimate answers, and the **** that's coming out of your mouth is not even close to a legitimate answer. Honda-tech is supposed to be a "tech resource" not a "well pull the bulb out so you don't see the problem anymore resource". If I wanted a half *** response, I would've called a local piece of **** mechanic.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:53 AM

ttt, info please?
Old 08-15-2009, 01:20 PM

Nobody?
Old 08-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If your light is staying on, you could try to remove both door sensors. If you removed both door sensors, you would then remove the ground, (which would ground the dome light, and ground the sensor warning light). If you disconnect both of the sensors, and your warning light still stays on then you have wiring issues somewhere.