Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

cops

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cops

im getting an RS*R GT2 exhaust and was wondering if i'll get pulled over by the cops for being too loud, I live in SoCal. and if anybody knows what is the loudest it can be? example like 90 db's
Old 11-27-2004, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cops (stylin-teg)

ive asked a cop and he said any modification to your exhaust is illegal except on trucks. I even asked about db's and he said NO MODIFICATION FROM STOCK IS LEGAL.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that sounds like a load of bull to me
Old 11-27-2004, 06:54 PM

Default Re: (campbuds)

ya there was one homeboy here that got his apexi exhaust legal...like he took it to a ref or something, and got a paper saying it was street legal....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 53DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive asked a cop and he said any modification to your exhaust is illegal except on trucks. I even asked about db's and he said NO MODIFICATION FROM STOCK IS LEGAL.</TD></TR></TABLE>

um no.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (campbuds)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by campbuds &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that sounds like a load of bull to me</TD></TR></TABLE>
I agree! I thought you were allowed to have an exhaust if it met CA Carb standards and a 95 db level!
Old 11-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Trial User

Default Re: cops (53DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 53DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive asked a cop and he said any modification to your exhaust is illegal except on trucks. I even asked about db's and he said NO MODIFICATION FROM STOCK IS LEGAL.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats def. wrong. Companies pay the CARB certifications to keep their products legal. If a manufacturer makes a product within spec, and pay the dues, its legal for us
Old 11-27-2004, 07:08 PM
Trial User

as long as the gov't makes its dough, its all good
Old 11-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SlipAngleX)

**** man...CHP should worry about all the ******** with no Ins. or DL..not the people that have all there paperwork legit...they will pull you over for your exhaust before they even look at the majority of drivers out there
Old 11-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PLAGUED_DB7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PLAGUED_DB7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**** man...CHP should worry about all the ******** with no Ins. or DL..not the people that have all there paperwork legit...they will pull you over for your exhaust before they even look at the majority of drivers out there </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know, Cali sux!
Old 11-27-2004, 07:37 PM
New User

Settle down my 04 friends. In certain counties in southern california, having any kind of aftermarket exhaust is indeed illegal. There are specific ordinances which basically state that any modification or replacement of the stock exhaust system is not allowed. Doesn't matter if its carb exempt or meets decibel standards. I'm not here to argue, this is a fact, not an opinion.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:38 PM
New User

Default Re: cops (SlipAngleX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlipAngleX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If a manufacturer makes a product within spec, and pay the dues, its legal for us</TD></TR></TABLE> Definitely wrong in Orange County California. Please read my post above.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Trial User

Default Re: cops (threatcon13)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by threatcon13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Definitely wrong in Orange County California. Please read my post above. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ahh... Our very own bible belt county in Cali.. Im not surprised
Old 11-27-2004, 08:10 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlipAngleX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ahh... Our very own bible belt county in Cali.. Im not surprised</TD></TR></TABLE> lol...yeah its pretty bad when ordinances concerning exhausts vary from county to county.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Trial User

Its acutally HORRIBLE, its kinda like...
::Driving:: --legal--&gt;not legal---&gt;legal--&gt;tix---
sigh....
Old 11-27-2004, 09:14 PM

Default Re: (SlipAngleX)

We ned to get naiger on this ****, hes a car guy.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cops (threatcon13)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by threatcon13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Settle down my 04 friends. In certain counties in southern california, having any kind of aftermarket exhaust is indeed illegal. There are specific ordinances which basically state that any modification or replacement of the stock exhaust system is not allowed. Doesn't matter if its carb exempt or meets decibel standards. I'm not here to argue, this is a fact, not an opinion. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good info! Especially since Im not familiar with CA laws b/c I'm not from here!

Ahh... Our very own bible belt county in Cali.. Im not surprised</TD></TR></TABLE>

I havent seen anything remotely close to the bible belt of the South(The Dirty Dirty) compared to California! If so, ppl wouldnt be such ******** everywhere you go, and there would be no Mexicans, or stupid laws like out here! Dont get me wrong we have stupid laws too but not as stupid as here; and at least the cops are more concerned with real crimes and not petty bullshit!
Old 11-27-2004, 10:06 PM
Trial User

Default Re: cops (hybrid_vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybrid_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good info! Especially since Im not familiar with CA laws b/c I'm not from here!

I havent seen anything remotely close to the bible belt of the South(The Dirty Dirty) compared to California! If so, ppl wouldnt be such ******** everywhere you go, and there would be no Mexicans, or stupid laws like out here! Dont get me wrong we have stupid laws too but not as stupid as here; and at least the cops are more concerned with real crimes and not petty bullshit!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, this is true in San Diego.
I am talking about OC which has actually been extensively studied by Geographers/Sociologists such as Irvine. OC was the biggest strength in helping Ronald Regan in the west coast. Politics is not my cup of tea, but all I'm saying is that Orange County California is very different from other areas of Southern California. (ie. most of Irvine is run by the Irvine Co.) Around the 1970's and much earlier on, lots of people from the bible belt moved to Orange County (which was known for Orange crops, and Knotts Berry farm was actually a large producer of jam) When I say, 'bible belt' I do not mean the 'DirTY sOUtH' I talk about a more 'sterile' and prude community. Now parts of OC such as Irvine/Newport is growing at a great rate for large corps which may change the typical stereotype of OC.
A good read about OC and its history is 'Suburban Warriors'

Thats our HT Region History Lesson
Old 11-27-2004, 10:08 PM

I would like to know if any of these dirt pick-up trucks with loud *** exhausts and raised up to the roof get any tickets. It doesn't seem like they do, especially in Orange County. They are everywhere, maybe no one is hassling them?
Old 11-27-2004, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, this is true in San Diego.
I am talking about OC which has actually been extensively studied by Geographers/Sociologists such as Irvine. OC was the biggest strength in helping Ronald Regan in the west coast. Politics is not my cup of tea, but all I'm saying is that Orange County California is very different from other areas of Southern California. (ie. most of Irvine is run by the Irvine Co.) Around the 1970's and much earlier on, lots of people from the bible belt moved to Orange County (which was known for Orange crops, and Knotts Berry farm was actually a large producer of jam) When I say, 'bible belt' I do not mean the 'DirTY sOUtH' I talk about a more 'sterile' and prude community. Now parts of OC such as Irvine/Newport is growing at a great rate for large corps which may change the typical stereotype of OC.
A good read about OC and its history is 'Suburban Warriors'

Thats our HT Region History Lesson </TD></TR></TABLE>

Great History Lesson! I hear what you are saying, but the Southern States have always been refered to as the "Bible Belt"! More or less b/c of our morals, traditions, standards, values, and church-going communities!
Old 11-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybrid_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great History Lesson! I hear what you are saying, but the Southern States have always been refered to as the "Bible Belt"! More or less b/c of our morals, traditions, standards, values, and church-going communities!</TD></TR></TABLE>

you in the coronado area?
Old 11-28-2004, 01:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea b/c I am stationed here!
Old 11-28-2004, 02:20 AM

If every modification to ur exhaust would be illegal what do u do when ur stock muffler craps out u have to put a new one on are they saying to scrap the car???....stupid asses
Old 11-28-2004, 07:26 AM

illegal except on trucks. wtf is that ****. thats like saying "well only arrest you for murdur if your black". **** that ****.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (village_idiot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by village_idiot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">illegal except on trucks. wtf is that ****. thats like saying "well only arrest you for murdur if your black". **** that ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>
exactly
and YES BRO YOU WILL GET PULL THE F.. OVER AND B.. OVER WITH A BIG TICKET
BUY SOMETHING ELSE WITH THAT MONEY MAYBE SOMETHING THAT WILL GIVE YOUR CAR MORE GO
Old 11-28-2004, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cops (GG-SquadDB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GG-SquadDB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If every modification to ur exhaust would be illegal what do u do when ur stock muffler craps out u have to put a new one on are they saying to scrap the car???....stupid asses </TD></TR></TABLE>buy a new muffler from acura or an oem spec one from midas or other muffler shop

Quick Reply: cops