Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Changing sun roof cover question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Changing sun roof cover question

So I have a 01 integra sedan and it originally came with the tan interior, I have started the process of changing everything to the gray or black interior as I'm doing a type r conversion The sunroof cover remains tan and I don't know how to change that cover? Is there anyway to change the cover alone or do I have to change the whole sunroof as is from a donor parts car? Is there maybe a paint or spray or something I can change vet it with so I don't mess with the sun roof?
Old 07-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Re: Changing sun roof cover question

Take down the headliner then take out the whole sunroof assembly, it's been a few years since I've done it so my memory is fuzzy, but from there it should be trivial to remove the sliding cover.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MotorMouth93
Take down the headliner then take out the whole sunroof assembly, it's been a few years since I've done it so my memory is fuzzy, but from there it should be trivial to remove the sliding cover.
if I have to take down the whole sunroof assembly I might as well put the sunroof with the gray cover already up from a donor car, I am trying to see if there is any other way I can just change the sunroof cover by itself without taking down the whole sun roof. I guess I'm more worried about there being any leaks when I put the sunroof back up
Old 07-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

The sunroof water tray is stamped out of a single piece of steel so the only place leaks are a concern is at the 4 corners where the drain lines connect to it, as long as you're careful to put the clamps back on the drains though you shouldn't have a problem. If you're worried about it you can put a bit of RTV on the nipples though.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at this briefly and didn't see any easy way to change only the cover but I abandoned the planned mods when I recently decided to sell it...

If you are looking to change color on interior trim or panels I highly recommend "SEM" brand products. It is high quality stuff that can produce a very nice finish if you take your time and, of course, do all the proper prep work. ALWAYS follow directions and prep VERY WELL. Also, I like that amazon can have them at my door quickly and easily...
Old 07-11-2017, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by throttlebody
I looked at this briefly and didn't see any easy way to change only the cover but I abandoned the planned mods when I recently decided to sell it...

If you are looking to change color on interior trim or panels I highly recommend "SEM" brand products. It is high quality stuff that can produce a very nice finish if you take your time and, of course, do all the proper prep work. ALWAYS follow directions and prep VERY WELL. Also, I like that amazon can have them at my door quickly and easily...
its looking more and more like I'm going to try to paint it If my brothers friend gives me the sunroof from a car he bought for parts maybe I'll use that but I'm not planning on that hapoeneing.