building 2 tegs at the same time

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Brice.Hayden)

Originally Posted by Brice.Hayden

i know.
says the guy who keeps telling the OP what to do.
let him build his own car.
lol go ahead beef with me over the INTERNET. loser...

because i was TELLING him what to do right? only giving ideas young padawan...chill out please. you're embarrassing yourself
Old 11-13-2008, 04:32 PM

Default Re: (VTEC_PRODUCTION)

well guys lets all be friends here it ok every one can give ideas thats why i ask for help

anyway going back to my car lol its being a grate weeck order the side skirts painting guns , some tools i need it i will show some more pictures saturday

lol now to the new Q?

my car have abs brakes on it but the guy i got it from had a H22 in it a had to move most of the brake lines on it and they look really bad i was thinking on taking off the abs of the bay is this bad can it be done what are the pros and cons
Old 11-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (backfromthedead)

yea you can do that. the pros is that your a step closer to making the bay look clean. the downside is not having it and the convenience...its a safety thing...but i took mine out and if my brakes lock or im slipping i pump the brakes anyway...same principle...
Old 11-13-2008, 07:03 PM

is there anything i have to add o i just can take them off and close the lines from the MC
Old 11-15-2008, 02:46 PM

well today i was able to spend some time with my car i clean some of the engine bay and found some problem i will have to fix the old owner just kill the engine bay so many parts cut of and so many dents wow well here are some pictures of the job done today

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=2

here is the problem i have he cut this motor mount and now i have to remove and get one

in the jack stands and move to the concrete

just fitting some of the stuff i am getting

some of the tools

Last edited by backfromthedead; 01-09-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:52 PM

well tomorrow i will work on the car all day i will try to get the dash bord out and all the interior this is going to be big firts time i do this

any one have a really goo link on the abs removal what i need to take out and what need to stay

thanks

Old 11-16-2008, 02:52 PM

here are some new pictures for today's work

some more work on the bay

dash is out

now i have to figure out the wire harness i am thinking on eliminatting the srs on the car and have to get the the 40/40 for the brakes because i remove the ABS
Old 11-16-2008, 05:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VTEC_PRODUCTION

lol go ahead beef with me over the INTERNET. loser...

because i was TELLING him what to do right? only giving ideas young padawan...chill out please. you're embarrassing yourself
please. STFU. you are clueless. i know how to build cars, you have shitty ideas. go away.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Brice.Hayden)

Originally Posted by Brice.Hayden
please. STFU. you are clueless. i know how to build cars, you have shitty ideas. go away.
PSCH LOL 96%...

make me go away
Old 11-16-2008, 08:21 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

both of you cill out and act like adults. were going off line in 9 min see you on the otherside of vB
Old 11-17-2008, 02:03 PM

wow new changes on the forum well today no work donde in the car just trying to get everything clean to start geting ready for paint i am thinking on changin the color
Old 11-18-2008, 04:13 PM

well here is some updates on this restoration lol i just got this in the mail now we can get ready for more fun working on the car

Old 11-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

diablo back from the dead dime manin me recuerdo de tu gsr negra que andaba por la 207 st en manhattan saludos y suerte con tu proyecto
Old 11-18-2008, 04:43 PM

hey thanks for the comments i guest you got to see my car racing out there lol the car still around and now this i hope will be beter backfromthedead with lots of xtras
Old 11-22-2008, 07:24 PM

well some updates

tomorrow i will get the car ready for paint i will keep the CCW

lol now for some more input

the old owner had a h22 in the car by adding this engine his mechanic destroy the ABS lines and some parts of the A\C unit plus remove the condenser and the lines i only have like 40% of the A\C unit is it good idea to try to rebuilt this unit by getting what i need o just remove it and instead use the extra space to install a engine oil coolant
Old 11-22-2008, 09:22 PM

Well it really matters what you would like to do with the car. There are a few things good about removing the a/c.

Pro : you get alot more space, if the car is a race car then u can run the wideband through the a/c hole, but your going to have to get the cx eg blower and transfer tube.

Cons : you dont have a/c, if you live in a place that gets hot like the san fernando valley then ur gonna get owned by the heat, that a/c button is useless inside "LOL".

IMO i suggest you dont run the a/c so that there isnt that parasitic drag on your motor. Im more on performance. Thats just my opinion, but if you want to get a complete a/c system you can go to acura and buy the complete kit for $950 i think, if i remember correctly. they should still have that in stock at factory number 10. ask them where thats at...should be located in torrance CA. Good luck
Old 11-27-2008, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by phantomeg6
Well it really matters what you would like to do with the car. There are a few things good about removing the a/c.

Pro : you get alot more space, if the car is a race car then u can run the wideband through the a/c hole, but your going to have to get the cx eg blower and transfer tube.

Cons : you dont have a/c, if you live in a place that gets hot like the san fernando valley then ur gonna get owned by the heat, that a/c button is useless inside "LOL".

IMO i suggest you dont run the a/c so that there isnt that parasitic drag on your motor. Im more on performance. Thats just my opinion, but if you want to get a complete a/c system you can go to acura and buy the complete kit for $950 i think, if i remember correctly. they should still have that in stock at factory number 10. ask them where thats at...should be located in torrance CA. Good luck
thanks for you answer phantome i have one Q? what is a wide-band i am sorry but is the first time i see this

well i have not work on the car, tomorrow will be my first day working in the car in a week for the time being i will need some answer to make some built decisions so guys i need some input

1-what can happen if i remove my steering weal for good will it lock on me at any moment o its OK to not use the PS pump

2-how many of you using turbos are using a oil coolers in there turbo kits

3- can i see some pics of different turbo users cars just to get some ideas on what setup i want to put together

4-what sleeves are good and not that pensive

thanks in advance for the help
Old 11-28-2008, 09:38 AM

Default wideband

Originally Posted by backfromthedead
thanks for you answer phantome i have one Q? what is a wide-band i am sorry but is the first time i see this

well i have not work on the car, tomorrow will be my first day working in the car in a week for the time being i will need some answer to make some built decisions so guys i need some input

1-what can happen if i remove my steering weal for good will it lock on me at any moment o its OK to not use the PS pump

2-how many of you using turbos are using a oil coolers in there turbo kits

3- can i see some pics of different turbo users cars just to get some ideas on what setup i want to put together

4-what sleeves are good and not that pensive

thanks in advance for the help
Your project looks like a lot of fun. Good luck with it.

A "wideband" or wideband O2 sensor is an O2 sensor that has enough resolution that you can tune your car and actually see what the air-fuel ratio is. Absolutely necessary for a mid to highly modded engine when it comes to tuning. IMO its essential for a racecar. There are lots out there, innovate, AEM, etc sells them. I got my sensor+controller+gauge from ebay for $200 shipped. There is lots of good info about these at pgmfi.org.

If you are going to be using your car to race anything but strip keep the power steering. In fact I would recomend getting a steering quickener. It will take some fabrication work to install it but its not out of the question for you. I have one in my eg hatch; the quickener plus a DC2 rack makes my steering 1.96 turns lock to lock. That, my friend is super fun!
Old 11-28-2008, 09:40 PM

cool thanks for the info witch one you got o think is good one
Old 11-29-2008, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by backfromthedead
cool thanks for the info witch one you got o think is good one
This is the kit that I got. No complaints about the product of the seller.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Innov...Q5fAccessories

Do a quick search on Ebay for other choices. I prefer the innovate one because it is well supported and common.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:57 PM

Default well i have a dual project back from the dead #2 and #3

here os what i will be working on to now i will have a CH/W and a flamenco black

Old 12-13-2008, 02:56 PM

today i spend some time on my black car and got rid off some mildew in the interior take a look at the progrees

this pics will show you some difrends

before

after

Old 12-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

solid!!!
MORE!!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 05:00 PM

Good luck keep us updated.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:04 PM

thanks and i will give you guys more updates tomorow i will be working all day on them and more today my friend who make the parts p2R send me this to show me what he will be making for my k-turbo

BTW this is not my pic he send me this to get the idea on the heather for the turbo how it will look

Quick Reply: building 2 tegs at the same time