Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Brake Light Problem

Old 08-13-2003, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Brake Light Problem

Ok, this just recently happened to me. Here's the problem.

Every morning when I start my car and drive off, the brake light stays on for maybe 10-20 minutes before it turns off. It stays off for the rest of the day or until my car sits for a while. Now, starting tonight, my brake light stays on when I accelerate and turns off when I brake. It keeps doing this, but sometimes when I accelerate it doesn't go on. It's really annoying. I checked my fluid level and it's fine. Anybody else experience this problem and does anyone know of a solution besides pulling out the bulb. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2003, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Brake Light Problem (rompwats)

You're not talking about your ABS light, right? If you are, ignore this...

That light is for both the float in your brake fluid reservoir, and your handbrake. If you know your brake fluid is OK, then unplug those 2 wires coming from under the cap. If that fixes it, then you need a new float switch. Probably comes together with a new reservoir cap.

If the light still comes on, you know it's the handbrake switch. Plug the wires back in at the brake fluid cap. The handbrake switch might be loose, maybe it's bracket is bent, or something like that.
Old 08-23-2003, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brake Light Problem (rompwats)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rompwats &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, this just recently happened to me. Here's the problem.

Every morning when I start my car and drive off, the brake light stays on for maybe 10-20 minutes before it turns off. It stays off for the rest of the day or until my car sits for a while. Now, starting tonight, my brake light stays on when I accelerate and turns off when I brake. It keeps doing this, but sometimes when I accelerate it doesn't go on. It's really annoying. I checked my fluid level and it's fine. Anybody else experience this problem and does anyone know of a solution besides pulling out the bulb. Thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

This happens to me too. The emergency light in the dash goes on & off. I dont notice when though. It is just on when i start my car and stays on for yea like 20 minutes. Then when i start my car again same thing. BUt sometimes, on one trip, it goes on & off. Once in awhile, when i would brake, my car would jerk, like my head would jerk forward. Does anyone experience this too? And i just took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't find anything and the brake fluid was good.