Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

best carbon fiber hood?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 12:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (mskibbz-T)

i was about to post that!!! freakY!!!! I would also like to know, how does the Body Kits North West CF hood compare to the VIS cf hood??? it would be smart just to invest in hood pins even though they don't require it. Why take the risk for such a lil small investment to prevent it??
Old 07-23-2003, 03:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Vtecfool)

trust me i have seen any hood out there come up in once occasion or another.
i plan on hitting 135mph+ trap speeds, so yes i put pins on mine.
heres a pic of mine , kinda shitty, but i dont have the good pics on my imagestation yet. but i dont like how the FI dont have the rolled edges

Modified by itr206 at 5:26 AM 7/23/2003
Old 07-23-2003, 09:44 AM

Default Re: best carbon fiber hood? (Skunk_it)

VIS all the way
Old 07-23-2003, 01:03 PM

well for one, who ever mentioned getting a benen carbon fiber hood is well wrong. they dont sell cf hoods for an integra.

and second, for those of u buying a cf hood to loose a few pounds and shave the weight?

--Its pointless. u wont gain THAT much from the weight reduction, and third, integras are frontwheel drive. wouldnt u want more weight in the front to keep better steering and acceleration traction? imo, cf hoods are just for looks.

dont get me wrong, they look tight as hell, especially ona black car, but its only a image thing.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jisecup)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jisecup &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well for one, who ever mentioned getting a benen carbon fiber hood is well wrong. they dont sell cf hoods for an integra.

and second, for those of u buying a cf hood to loose a few pounds and shave the weight?

--Its pointless. u wont gain THAT much from the weight reduction, and third, integras are frontwheel drive. wouldnt u want more weight in the front to keep better steering and acceleration traction? imo, cf hoods are just for looks.

dont get me wrong, they look tight as hell, especially ona black car, but its only a image thing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're wrong... Sure, the majority of people get them for looks, but every pound you can lose will help. For instance, remove your AC(~40lbs), CF hood(~20lbs), PS Steering, windshield washer fluid, etc.., etc... You'd be surprised at how effective all those little things are when combined. Let me guess, you don't recycle Same train of thought...
Old 07-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (confucius)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by confucius &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

fiber images are light weight, but the sides are CUT and look crappy.

fiber images are cut on the side.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

My FI hood is not cut. The edges are rolled. You could slide your *** down the edge of the hood without a scratch. Maybe the older FI hoods are cut?

I prefer the FI over the VIS for a better fit and weight savings. You pay for what you get.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:58 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mskibbz-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You're wrong... Sure, the majority of people get them for looks, but every pound you can lose will help. For instance, remove your AC(~40lbs), CF hood(~20lbs), PS Steering, windshield washer fluid, etc.., etc... You'd be surprised at how effective all those little things are when combined. Let me guess, you don't recycle Same train of thought... </TD></TR></TABLE> actually YOURE wrong. all those things you mentioned combined = less than .1 second difference in quarter mile. Has nothing to do with recycling. Yes if you are a hardcore drag racer whose top priority is to get a high ET it is worth it but if not, then hell no. By the way a cf hood does not save you 20 lbs.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best carbon fiber hood? (Mase)

ViS
Old 07-23-2003, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Threatcon13)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Threatcon13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> actually YOURE wrong. all those things you mentioned combined = less than .1 second difference in quarter mile. Has nothing to do with recycling. Yes if you are a hardcore drag racer whose top priority is to get a high ET it is worth it but if not, then hell no. By the way a cf hood does not save you 20 lbs. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Who said we are all about drag racing? 60+ lbs DOES make a noticeable difference in AutoX, tell that to my buddy that regularly wins trophies and swears by the difference after doing those things I mentioned, minus PS... There is more than just straight line benefits
Old 07-23-2003, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DC2 hood weighs ~32 lbs, FI hood weighs ~15-16 lbs... So it would be 16 lbs of free weight reduction, why the hell are people arguing against weight reduction??? If you need to replace your hood anyways, why not spend the same amount for a lighter hood? I am stupified...
Old 07-23-2003, 03:30 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mskibbz-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Who said we are all about drag racing? 60+ lbs DOES make a noticeable difference in AutoX, tell that to my buddy that regularly wins trophies and swears by the difference after doing those things I mentioned, minus PS... There is more than just straight line benefits </TD></TR></TABLE> tell your friend to PM me and I will tell him just like I told you, that 60 lbs may have helped him by .06 seconds but its probably his driving that won the trophies.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:31 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mskibbz-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DC2 hood weighs ~32 lbs, FI hood weighs ~15-16 lbs... So it would be 16 lbs of free weight reduction, why the hell are people arguing against weight reduction??? If you need to replace your hood anyways, why not spend the same amount for a lighter hood? I am stupified... </TD></TR></TABLE> I'm not arguing against weight reduction for a drag car but for a street car it is not worth it. You yourself said it, removing miscellaneous things (ac, ps,backseats,etc) will only be around 80 lbs, which really is nothing, unless you are a professional racer.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:17 PM

Default Re: (Threatcon13)

Also remember to take a big **** before racing... ~.5 pounds right there.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skunked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My FI hood is not cut. The edges are rolled. You could slide your *** down the edge of the hood without a scratch. Maybe the older FI hoods are cut?

I prefer the FI over the VIS for a better fit and weight savings. You pay for what you get.</TD></TR></TABLE>
They are cut meaning the edges are not rolled. The carbon fiber does not wrap under the hood. If you're hood has rolled edges, then it probably isnt fiber images.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:04 PM

Default Re: (non_VTEC)

well..the decreased weight in the front end would mean less downforce while launching, correct?
so maybe you'd get better traction with the heavier hood?
or atleast it would help..even if just a lil?
Old 07-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SilverB18C1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SilverB18C1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also remember to take a big **** before racing... ~.5 pounds right there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ever seen the line up in the mens room before a runners race - you'd be surprised.....

-rage
Old 07-24-2003, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best carbon fiber hood? (Mase)

just dont get something made in HK guys... I have one for my JDM front end... hated it...
Old 07-24-2003, 11:51 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

im pretty sure that all FI hoods have cut edges.

and the gap between the hood and the fenders are almost 1 centimeter. kinda ugly in my opinion.

dont get me wrong, the quality of FI hoods are excellent.

but going by looks, fitment, but mostly looks, i dont like it.

haha.

the hood i just purchase are the double sided carbon fiber hood by VIS.

kinda like FI, where they dont use FiberGlass underbody and skeletons.

this is a pretty hood.

i'll posts some pics in a week or so.

i got the double sided carbon fiber hood for 340.

almost seller price.

i was gonna get the other version of the hood for 280. but, i just paid a little more to get a double sided carbon fiber hood.

dont know how much it weighs but, its pretty light compared to the stock hood.

pics will be up soon.

and sorry, i cant hook anyone up with the price i got it for.

Old 07-25-2003, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (confucius)

pictures? i'm in the market for one. you might have sold me on Vis.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:39 PM

well i enjoy my a/c when its 95+ and heat index read 110.

i enjoy my powersteering.

i like ti be able to see outta my windshiel at night when bugs arent all plasterd on ther.

ur right... all that weight will reduce in an amount, but nothing u are really gonna be able to tell a BIG difference in. To a person that drives the car as an everyday car, the weight reduction of all that stuff we have been discussing is stupid unless they live in alaska and dont drive it much.

just stating my point of view from me being a daily driver that uses these features that came with my car.

ever stop to think that maybe they were put on the car for the use of them?

and well i have hail damage on my hood now, so im saving for a cf hood. meh, car is black and cf hoods look pimp on black cars imo.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

same here. hail damage on my hood. i already have the money. i'm asking around for opinions.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have had wonderful luck with Racer Design Carbon Fiber hoods, and the price is good.

http://www.prostreetonline.com...Hoods
Old 07-25-2003, 08:46 PM

VIS makes good quality cf hoods, for those of you who want to check out the cf hood offered go to http://www.visracing.com
Old 07-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've got a Fiber Images. It's ok. I just got it because the original was damaged. The fit and finish is a little ruff. But it is light. And the guy that has rolled edges on a Fiber Images hood is lying. Maybe he just payed for a Fiber Images and got ripped off.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:28 PM

Default Re: best carbon fiber hood? (erictegra)

SPOON

Quick Reply: best carbon fiber hood?