Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Battery relocation question(s).

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Battery relocation question(s).

i've got the PW:JDM battery relocation kit my last few questions are, when I cut the old terminal clip(thing that goes over the battery post) I noticed there's 2 wires that are clamped to it, would I be able to extend these wires to the battery in the trunk and just clamp the post clam on the ends of the extended wires ?. I'm not doing this for looks I was warned that the vibration from the engine(84A hasport mounts) would leak to the posts becoming weak fast they're not your typical posts they're screw on. i'll of course have a ground in the back and the wires will be something like 4G or what ever the OEM gauge is. thx
Attached Images  

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 02-20-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Battery relocation question(s).

You talking about the positive terminal right?

I like this about the integra over the civic, an extra spot for things like amps. Didn't you or aren't u taking your abs off? What is going to the terminal?
Old 02-20-2014, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Declectic
You talking about the positive terminal right?

I like this about the integra over the civic, an extra spot for things like amps. Didn't you or aren't u taking your abs off? What is going to the terminal?
yes and extending the 2 wires that are clamped into it one from the starter and the other from the under hood fuse box.

Yes in time lol WAY too many other things to get done atm the starter wire(big one) and the one from the under the hood fuse box are going to it via 3AWG wire ran threw the cabin(loomed/tied-down).
Old 02-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well juss to be clear, I've never relocated a battery before, so I won't pretend to act like I know it all but I would think extending as long as is the same gauge.. I would think key is making sure those extensions are secure

Edit. I was lookin a my db juss now and I only have the abs and my amp connected to it.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:52 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Run single cable from batt. to starter motor, [it must be fused at the batt.] run a lead from the starter motor to under hood fuse box, you will need to extend the alt. charge line, [white] if you have relocated the fuse box. 94
Old 02-21-2014, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Turns out my PW:JDM one doesn't fit the anti gravity so I'm not sure HOW I'm going to have it mounted in the back, maybe I should head over to the audio/video section ?. I just clamped the terminals onto the existing stock length leads for now cause I need to get the car working to test a few things. any suggestion on how to mount it in the back without the use of a "kit"?. there's a CNC place near me I guess I could get them to fab me up a tray with holes etc, but I don't think that will be cheap. yah thinking about moving the fuse box into the cabin I had to splice a new one in last year so It wouldn't be too hard to move.