Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

AUTOMATIC Integra, wants to be much more!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUTOMATIC Integra, wants to be much more!

Alright. Starting with a lame question. But where do I see what motor my teg has in her? I drive an automatic, but recently seeing other automatic owners talk about how pointless it is to have a manual with as much traffic as Cali has. And with LACR being shut down and all the NEW housing they are building, getting a manual soon would prove to become worse and worse. So I decided to stay with my auto, she is only 97k and a 1994 and in REALLY good shape. I got it almost a year ago from a kid who had it handed down from his mom, never left their family.
So before I start doing my own research I wanted to know A) where can I check out what engine I have, Im looking aimlessly right now, well at least Im looking on the engine. B) What engines do the LS automatics have and which should I look for. and C) Any sites I can jump to for research on modding my automatic in ANYWAYS. I recently decided this is the car Im going to work on for a while, very possible my project car, so Ive thrown the "lets do it cheap" idea out the window so I can do it for real. Maybe sometime it can be in a magazine as a beast of an automatic.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:22 AM

Default Re: AUTOMATIC Integra, wants to be much more! (EpicKills)

the automatic transmission cant take a whole lot of power, searching and reading will help, but for the money you would put into the automatic trans you could have swapped a manual one or sold your car and bought a manual. and all automatic tegs were b18a/b1 (expect for the auto jdm gsrs) never had any type r or gsrs in auto in america.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:02 PM
* B A N N E D *

DO NOT mod an automatic LS integra. You might as well flush the money down the toilet.

Maybe get a tint and a better sound system but leave the engine stock. You're probably making 105whp with it.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:21 PM
They let me pick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (NuffSaid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NuffSaid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DO NOT mod an automatic LS integra. You might as well flush the money down the toilet.

Maybe get a tint and a better sound system but leave the engine stock. You're probably making 105whp with it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
This is bullshit. You can buy components to beef up your transmission and then do some suspension work and turbo if you want. It seriously is not as bad as people make it out to be.
&lt;-- drives an auto. It's nice in traffic daily and is still a fun car to drive.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mrdeadman)

noo.. right now i have a 95 5speed LS but i use to have a 94 automatic ls and i use to shift it from 1-2-d3-d4 and my car actually chirped from 1-2 after adding a cold air intake... i did purchase few bolt on mods for the car and yes the automatic was fast... i can even remember the cars that i beat in races like a 2004 5speed lancer... 1992 integra gs 5 speed... 2004 protoge ...1990 celica...etc..... integras are not slow at all even the automatic LS's are pretty quick but im happy with my 5speed!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:30 PM

Default Re:

I drive an auto 01 GS teg, and honestly im tired of others putting down my car for being an auto. Ive put an entire catback system, header and intake on it. im tired of other drivers thinking they are better than me because they drive a manual car? they be thinking they are the $hit because they drive a stick and they be thinking they are these big bad boys? honestly i dont see what the big jiff is with some manual owners thinking they are better than auto owners, i guess it makes them feel justified with their lifes.

Whatever, just drive what you like. I know how to drive a stick but I prefer driving an auto because I dont have to be shifting up and down like every sec. but thats just me. just enjoy your teg my friend, who cares if its an automatic.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Re: (juli_wing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2ndchirp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i use to shift it from 1-2-d3-d4</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's also how you kill an auto transmission

To the OP:
1) Engine code is on the block
2) B18B/B18A
3) Everyone has their own taste. I prefer manual over auto because you can control your shift points, although I must say that it is a double edged sword. But anyway, if you want to do something different then go ahead. To whichever you chose
Old 04-07-2008, 10:08 PM

1) alrightly now.. haha. i was going to go take a shot of my engine block for u and circle the area where u needed to look at to find the engine code, but i found a block on a civic. and it is angle.. but i circle the part where u needed to look at the find the code.

look at the circle area. that is where u will find the code. =] hope that helps u visually.

2) LS is usually b18b1 though.

3) others will know.. i myself dont know anyplaces so i cant help u. sorry.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

automatic is cool as well, but if you wanna race it or build it up and make power, auto isnt the way to go, im not hating or disliking auto, im just saying 5 speed wud be better if you want a quick car, but if not then keep it auto, but let me say one thing, if you want to be fast and make power auto is a big no no, at least for a honda or integra, you'd be wasting time and money, lets say you have 2 integras, ones auto and ones 5 speed, which one you think wud win??? exactly my point, i just dont want u wasting money and time trying to make an auto fast when it wont be, or wont be able to handle that much power
Old 04-07-2008, 11:38 PM

Default Re: AUTOMATIC Integra, wants to be much more! (DOHCgarage919)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHCgarage919 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> lets say you have 2 integras, ones auto and ones 5 speed, which one you think wud win??? exactly my point, i just dont want u wasting money and time trying to make an auto fast when it wont be, or wont be able to handle that much power </TD></TR></TABLE>

It all depends on the driver. Honestly, I forgot where I saw this, but there was a place where you could send the tranny in? And they would build/ rebuild it for you ( at a pretty penny ) and it would be able to handle much more power over the stock form. Or...was it they just send you a complete one? Although I haven't searched for any recently....I did find this:

http://www.importperformancetr...shtml

http://www.tciauto.com/Products/Transmissions/

There may be more companies out there that will do these things. More money? Yes indeed. Is it a worthwhile investment? Again, it depends. It depends on the person modifying the car. Some may choose to go with the auto tranny. Some may go with manual. Since you're talking about speed and who's faster or which would be faster, keep in mind, most of the worlds fastest drag cars have automatic transmissions.

And how much money one spends in the long run is never the issue. The issue is....how much money is the car owner WILLING to spend? Anyone that tries to use the money issue ( how much was spent ) as an argument don't truly understand the love of modifying cars. I'm sorry if that and the next statement offends anyone, but seriously.....it's been said over and over again. It's THEIR car....not yours. It's THEIR money......not yours. If you're able to spend less money than another and out race them...then kudos to you....you know how to drive your car better and was able to maximize your funds in terms of mods. And..that other person needs to step back and take a look at where their money went and what to do to fix their problem ( if any ).....or spend more

It's all up to the individual
Old 04-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AUTOMATIC Integra, wants to be much more! (Naruto)

My car is an auto but I have been recommended by my doctor to not get a 5spd. I am on the verge of knee surgery and a clutch pedal would only promote more cartilage tearing away.

I don't have a problem with driving an auto, it's still quick. Sure you can't take gears like you can in a 5spd but who cares, most of us don't professionally race either.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:06 PM
They let me pick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AUTOMATIC Integra, wants to be much more! (ProSlow07)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProSlow07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My car is an auto but I have been recommended by my doctor to not get a 5spd. I am on the verge of knee surgery and a clutch pedal would only promote more cartilage tearing away.

I don't have a problem with driving an auto, it's still quick. Sure you can't take gears like you can in a 5spd but who cares, most of us don't professionally race either.</TD></TR></TABLE>
lol. I was driving my 5 spd jeep for a week in traffic and I had such a ridiculous pain in my knee afterwards it wasn't even funny.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goodtrouble &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>
And how exactly does this kill an auto transmission? I'm sure if you're stupid then it will, but you can revmatch on a downshift with the integra automatic transmission.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Re: (goodtrouble)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goodtrouble &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup did the same thing with my prelude...the car is under construction thinking about doing a manual conversion!! love my DB8 would never go back to auto...just my opinion
Old 04-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Banned

Default Re: Re: (~steph~)

I look at it as a great find. I got her cheap, low miles, and in great shape. I would of course rather have a manual. But I live in a VERY crowded city. Traffic is everywhere. My only problem is I can't redline. Oh well, Im not racing in the streets round here, that's just asking for a ticket. Plus nothing even close to local ever since LACR closed. So Really, Im not racing, im not going for speed. I just happen to have an integra thats automatic, but with nowhere to race why not build to build. I have nowhere else to put my money and something needs to keep me sane.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:46 PM

sanity is a good thing. hahaha. my car also keeps me sane.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:16 PM
*Bounty Hunter*

Default Re: (calibur)

Dont waste your money on an auto. Traffic is not that bad with a stick.

Building auto trannys is very expensive. Cheaper to swap 5spd and build from there.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish cash would come out when I take *****, I would put a ton of money into an auto teg, take the tranny to a custom tranny rebuilder and get it built up to stand up to the stress and then just cruise around town and embaress some cocky 5 speed drivers...of course, I would need some of the $$ for the tickets I would be racking up.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:44 PM
*Bounty Hunter*

Default Re: (steveteggy92)

Its not about whether an auto can be fast; its about it being worth the money.

You do realize you can do a 5 spd swap for half, if not less than a built auto tranny? This leaves you with money to do power mods, suspension, etc.

If you want to do an auto to prove people wrong, be my guest and drop $$$.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:00 PM
* B A N N E D *

Yeah it would cost a lot more. I dont professionally race my teg but its a stick and I wouldnt have it any other way. I will always drive manuals.

EDIT: its been 5 days why am I still a trial...
Old 04-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2ndchirp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2ndchirp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i can even remember the cars that i beat in races like a 2004 5speed lancer... 1992 integra gs 5 speed... 2004 protoge ...1990 celica...etc..... integras are not slow at all even the automatic LS's are pretty quick but im happy with my 5speed!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, automatic LS's are slow. Very slow. None of the cars you've listed is anything to brag about, either.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

SLO MO FO...... FTW!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:00 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (4g63powered)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4g63powered &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, automatic LS's are slow. Very slow. None of the cars you've listed is anything to brag about, either. </TD></TR></TABLE> I dont know man those protoges are some beasts in stock form
Old 04-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NuffSaid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NuffSaid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I dont know man those protoges are some beasts in stock form </TD></TR></TABLE>

And I bet that "5 speed Lancer" was just a de-badged EVO. Fer reals.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Banned

Default Re: (4g63powered)

See thats the main point. Im not building it to make it the fastest teg out there. Theres already automatic tegs rebuilt or not that can whoop manuals so I have no reason to prove anything. I just need a hobby. And like I said, with cops and traffic out here. I got 5 speeding tickets, one of which i cleared up through driving school while I owned my NISSAN ALTIMA, my frist car. Since Ive had the teg I drive the speed limit. And as i said, there is no more LACR. So there is virtualy no where and literally NO ONE here to race. Unless I want to race a [freak]ing stock 07 subaru then get laughed at when they think their bad *** FACTORY TUNED subaru is better then my integra I put heart and soul into? [freak] the racing scene out here, Im just looking for something to put my time into, not see how fast she can go.

Plus, like someone said its got like 100hp. I wouldnt imagine it being much to look into other then research to pull up to 200 or even 250. [freak], if I could get to 350 I could show the subarus whats up, and reall, thats the only competition localy if Im looking for races.

My plan before doing any research is to find some good ECU mapping, just get some more out of the ride, beef it up with a lot of type r parts would be real easy and cheap. Put some good money down on a real nice supercharge (Im scared to death of turboing a not turboed car) and I think shed be able to do some work. And the thought of doubling her horse no matter where she started is a feet in my book.

Like I said its not about the speed, its about building and having something to do.
But I do understand all your thoughts on just a manual would be so much better. I know this, and it would be easy for me to find an even cheaper manual. But im not looking for speed or racing, and im not looking to shift every 3 seconds driving around the valley in so cal. [freak] that. The car is so I can put some experience under my belt before I find something I want to boost. When I grow ***** anyways.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EpicKills)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EpicKills &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">See thats the main point. Im not building it to make it the fastest teg out there. Theres already automatic tegs rebuilt or not that can whoop manuals so I have no reason to prove anything. I just need a hobby. And like I said, with cops and traffic out here. I got 5 speeding tickets, one of which i cleared up through driving school while I owned my NISSAN ALTIMA, my frist car. Since Ive had the teg I drive the speed limit. And as i said, there is no more LACR. So there is virtualy no where and literally NO ONE here to race. Unless I want to race a [freak]ing stock 07 subaru then get laughed at when they think their bad *** FACTORY TUNED subaru is better then my integra I put heart and soul into? [freak] the racing scene out here, Im just looking for something to put my time into, not see how fast she can go.

Plus, like someone said its got like 100hp. I wouldnt imagine it being much to look into other then research to pull up to 200 or even 250. [freak], if I could get to 350 I could show the subarus whats up, and reall, thats the only competition localy if Im looking for races.

My plan before doing any research is to find some good ECU mapping, just get some more out of the ride, beef it up with a lot of type r parts would be real easy and cheap. Put some good money down on a real nice supercharge (Im scared to death of turboing a not turboed car) and I think shed be able to do some work. And the thought of doubling her horse no matter where she started is a feet in my book.

Like I said its not about the speed, its about building and having something to do.
But I do understand all your thoughts on just a manual would be so much better. I know this, and it would be easy for me to find an even cheaper manual. But im not looking for speed or racing, and im not looking to shift every 3 seconds driving around the valley in so cal. [freak] that. The car is so I can put some experience under my belt before I find something I want to boost. When I grow ***** anyways.</TD></TR></TABLE>

At qualcomm, at the drag strips, I have seen a integra 4 door LS supercharged by jackson racing busting 12. seconds. Alot of people give him props for a fast automatic, i asked him how mch money he has put on it, he laughed and said he could have gotten an RSX. He said he regrets it because he is always at the shop fixing/replacing transsmision parts.

Even if you dont race like a pro but ust want something quicker, i think you should buy another automatic then. I have seen integras automatic with all the bolt ons and they dont go that fast , only to just end up being sold. Go to youtube.com and put integra ls , there should be an automatic ls and he shows ho fast the cars goes from 0 - 110 with alot of mods and it takes a while he says it a slow azz integra.

if you dont race at all, then dont fix it.

Quick Reply: AUTOMATIC Integra, wants to be much more!