Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Apexi V-AFC vs. Fields SFC-VTEC controller

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Apexi V-AFC vs. Fields SFC-VTEC controller

The Apexi VAFC has more cool features and such, but the fields has the ability to change the redline. And both of these accomplish virtually the same thing, adjust vtec engagement point and tune the fuel. is there any reason i should get the apexi v-afc over the fields unit?
Old 07-18-2001, 07:26 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Apexi V-AFC vs. Fields SFC-VTEC controller (In7egrity)

here's my opinion with the understanding that i've never owned or used either one.

to me the APEXi is newer technology and it does more things plus it looks cool. i'm just partial the the brand for some reason - quality, fit and finish being a large part of it. the V-AFC has a "user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments" whereas the fields is set at 1K, 2, 3, etc.(not adjustable). this is what would sell me on APEXi because the fields is just not this complex (as far as i know): "The Fuel Adjustment function considers wide/narrow throttle and low/high camshaft settings, from which four different fuel maps are created (wide-low, wide-high, narrow-low, narrow-high)"
but...
don't forget that the skunk2 integra (as far as i know still) uses the fields with great success and i trust group-a with my car and value their opinion and extensive experience. i believe the fields has a "Speed Limiter Removal Function" and not a rev limiter adjustment.

i'm guessing there's people here who have one or the other (or have used both?) who can probably give you further help.

-g
Old 07-18-2001, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Formerly of SF moved to DFW and now back in SF, CA, USA
Default Re: Apexi V-AFC vs. Fields SFC-VTEC controller (Go Mifune)

He is correct in that the Field's has a Speed limiter removal function. My friend had a JDM ECU with a speed limiter of 120mph. The Field's deleted that.
Old 07-18-2001, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apexi V-AFC vs. Fields SFC-VTEC controller (Gee3)

I had to make this decision a little while back.
I ended up going with the Apex'i unit simpply because of more features and the ability to adjust the fuel in 500 RPM incriments and not just 1000 like the Fields.
The Apex'i also displays manifold pressure/vacuum and throttle position which the Fields does not. Its very easy to use and install..and looks great.

The Fields does not increase the revlimit. That can olny be done through reprogramming the ECU.

[Modified by HX_Guy, 10:09 AM 7/18/2001]