Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Anyone else think Skunk 2 Coils are a joke...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Sweet Title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone else think Skunk 2 Coils are a joke... (jorge59la)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jorge59la &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats why dropping a car with coils is a JOKE!
thats why you use lowering springs and adjustable shocks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL

Old 03-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone else think Skunk 2 Coils are a joke... (sixfiveoh)

I raised it up about an inch or so and It rides much much better. My H&R ultra lows were better but these are not nearly as bad as they were.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Anyone else think Skunk 2 Coils are a joke... (PDXHatchback)

so, do you still think there a joke??
Old 03-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone else think Skunk 2 Coils are a joke... (integra racr04)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integra racr04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so, do you still think there a joke??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not really I guess. They could obviously be better, but than again there are not very many "perfect" products.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

all coiolvers ride like ****, or eventually will blow, YOU CANT RIDE AROUND SLAMMED TO THE ******* GROUND FOR A DAILY DRIVER EVERYDAY AND EXPECT the suspension to last.

all the guys on this site ride stupidly low, if i did ride that low where i live Id break my lips in the first day. So many guys complain around here when they buy tein or omni for example. Then 1 year passes and there coilovers break. YOu cant ride that low all year around, dont give a expletive what anyone says its not going to happen.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: (1sickda)

I BE YOU F*UCKED up when you put it together man. I bet..... you... did not take off the yellow stopper on the strut! Check to see if you still have that on, its like foam.

Take the strut out, i mean off the car, slide that yellow stopper off the shaft, then put it back in as low as you wanna an check the results. Iv seen you issue many times...
Old 03-18-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: (monkeyboy313@hotmail.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by monkeyboy313@hotmail.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I BE YOU F*UCKED up when you put it together man. I bet..... you... did not take off the yellow stopper on the strut! Check to see if you still have that on, its like foam.

Take the strut out, i mean off the car, slide that yellow stopper off the shaft, then put it back in as low as you wanna an check the results. Iv seen you issue many times...</TD></TR></TABLE>

um no.... bump stops help cushion the impact and prevent the struts from blowing out when u hit a dip or speed bump at high speeds. people who remove the bump stops, usually hear a loud, metal clangy sound and cringe at the same time. cause it does hurt.

and yes, coilovers are a waste of money. ur ride will never be smooth. it will always be bouncy compared to a regular lowering spring. and please don't get the prokit, they make ur front end look higher then the rear. just plain ugly.

and especially when u have people sitting in the back, man, ur car will look like shlt.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:57 AM
jBj
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (verbal assassins)

sorry if i missed something here but, what shocks are u riding on?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone else think Skunk 2 Coils are a joke... (PDXHatchback)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PDXHatchback &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I raised it up about an inch or so and It rides much much better. My H&R ultra lows were better but these are not nearly as bad as they were.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now your strut has enough travel to do its job correctly. If the strut is compressed all the way down (on a slammed car) it cant work effectively. Most aftermarket coil-over systems use a shorter strut (whether the travel is less or the actual height is less) from the get-go as they are designed to lower the car whereas oem replacements use the stock strut dimensions.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: (jBj)

me? tokico blues and prokit with ingalls in the front and sprint camber in the rear.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:34 PM

I love when people buy a type of race suspension and complain about the ride forgetting that the car actually isn't bouncing as much as you think. You hit a bump and the recoil from the cars suspension is so tight or rough whichever you would like to say actuallys pushes your body up from the seat. Your car really isn't moving as much as you think, it's your body. A great example is when you slam into the back of another vehicle and your body keeps moving forward till' something stops you from going any furthur that being your seat belt. Same applies here. Set your setting as low as you can if you are able too. I personally run Koni yellows w/ GCs from a DC on my 92 DA.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:19 PM
jBj
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (verbal assassins)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by verbal assassins &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">me? tokico blues and prokit with ingalls in the front and sprint camber in the rear.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, the OP.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yah the skunk2s suckkkkkk

GC : )
Old 03-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tireiron)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tireiron &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I love when people buy a type of race suspension and complain about the ride forgetting that the car actually isn't bouncing as much as you think. You hit a bump and the recoil from the cars suspension is so tight or rough whichever you would like to say actuallys pushes your body up from the seat. Your car really isn't moving as much as you think, it's your body. A great example is when you slam into the back of another vehicle and your body keeps moving forward till' something stops you from going any furthur that being your seat belt. Same applies here. Set your setting as low as you can if you are able too. I personally run Koni yellows w/ GCs from a DC on my 92 DA.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know where you are getting your info from but I can assure you the whole car is bouncing. It wasn't just me. I had a friend drive it so i could see from another vehicle and the car as well as him was bouncing all over the round.