Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Anybody know any for tweaks for ls b18b1

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anybody know any for tweaks for ls b18b1

Originally Posted by BlackTegOn15s
theres very few on this foroum that know what the hell their talking about. i've been a mechanic for over 5 years.....i think i know a lil sumin sumin....do the research on the mazda speed 3....ib4 u open your mouth...ts got a good 1200 pounds on my car.....way shorter gear ratios and the tires are hudge...they damn near float down the road.. ...so sit down **** and read sum books...im out
alright, you're obviously bull shitting because you're not a mechanic or else you'd know how to fix up your own car and wouldnt be asking how to make your car faster without spending money. A mazdaspeed 3 only weighs about 600 pounds more than a DA, and has about double the horsepower and more than double the torque. Think before you type, think even longer before you post the things you've been posting
Old 05-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RICKSAUTOMOTIVE
he could wax his car for another 20 horsepower--aerodynamics rule wont show on a chassis dyno though LOL
HAHAH I had to use this as my signature
Old 05-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Haha, wow I'm glad I don't live in Texas so I don't have to run into mechanics like you. At least the ones in my area know how to speak English. Near stock integras don't really "Smash" on anything worth bringing up. Its a good thing the ASE tests aren't really easy otherwise we would have more mechanics like you.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

theres very few on this foroum that know what the hell their talking about. i've been a mechanic for over 5 years.....i think i know a lil sumin sumin....do the research on the mazda speed 3....ib4 u open your mouth...ts got a good 1200 pounds on my car.....way shorter gear ratios and the tires are hudge...they damn near float down the road.....so sit down **** and read sum books...im out
i have a 95 gsr, short shifter, jdm b18c, skunk2 im, dc 4-1, high flow cat, apexi vafc, apexi ws2 exhaust, synchrotech gsr tranny with carbon synchro's, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza 7.5 lbs flywheels, poly motor mounts, about 100 lbs in weight reduction.. my car still DOES NOT eat a speed 3.. and i have drove my friends speed 3, i think its a 6 speed, and i'm sure the gears are shorter than your ls tranny
Old 05-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rooftop voter
Why the hell are you asking simple questions here then if you've been a mechanic for 5 years? Sounds like it's you that should sit down and crack a book Mr. ASE certified!
lol maybe he can learn how to spell. What gets me is the fact that he said he had been a mechanic for 5 years already. 5 years in the automotive industry (especially performance) is very infantile compared to what there still is to learn. I have been messing with cars for a while now and I still look for help from some of my good friends to make sure I check to make sure everything is at TDC for a timing belt fix........so yeah. this guy just needs to either drive it the way it is, or blow it up so that way he doesn't have to worry about *tweaking* it.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wtf_is_jdm
lol maybe he can learn how to spell. What gets me is the fact that he said he had been a mechanic for 5 years already. 5 years in the automotive industry (especially performance) is very infantile compared to what there still is to learn. I have been messing with cars for a while now and I still look for help from some of my good friends to make sure I check to make sure everything is at TDC for a timing belt fix........so yeah. this guy just needs to either drive it the way it is, or blow it up so that way he doesn't have to worry about *tweaking* it.
you know....i dont think we will ever know it all. i think that while being a good tech comes with experience, it really requires us techs to network with each other at times to help solve car problems in some cases of advanced diagnosis. i believe that there is always someone who knows more. i've been doing car repair work for 10 years. have even worked with CARB on some things. yet i still see new problems from time to time and sometimes i learn something new from another good tech.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just like ricksautomotive said........all mechanics dont know everything i learn suming new almost every day...thats what the forum is for...to ask others what they think......u think im lying bring your self down here and ill show u in person what my car will do. so dont talk that mess when you have not a clue about what you saying.....and i spell sumin wrong from time to time...i could care less what is this a spelling contest?

Last edited by BlackTegOn15s; 05-18-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

theres very few on this foroum that know what the hell their talking about. i've been a mechanic for over 5 years.....i think i know a lil sumin sumin....do the research on the mazda speed 3....ib4 u open your mouth...ts got a good 1200 pounds on my car.....way shorter gear ratios and the tires are hudge...they damn near float down the road.....so sit down **** and read sum books...im out
Considering the Mazda weighs 3100lbs, I'm just curious what kind of weight reduction you did to your Integra to get it to weigh 1900lbs? And why would shorter gears make the Mazda slower? Typically, shorter gears give cars better acceleration.

And before you come onto this forum(not foroum) and insult the intelligence of it's members, keep in mind that you tried to spell Mustang in three different posts, and spelled it wrong, and differently wrong, each time. First time it was 'pustage', second time it was 'mustag', and the last time it was 'pustag'. I mean seriously, the forum even has an integrated spell check in it! Not to be a grammar **** or anything, but it makes it very difficult to understand what you're trying to say when you spell half of what you type wrong, have horrible grammar, and have a complete absence of proper punctuation.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well excuse me for not spelling correct all the time. im sorry teacher. do i get a time out now?... dude find sumin better to do then find all the spelling errors in the FORUM. and i never said my car weighed 1900bls,...i said my car is around that much lighter then the mazda....and that speed 3 DOES NOT weight 3100bls....its A pretty heavy car
and as far as shorter gears.....vs longer gears......while he shifts to 2nd im still pulling in 1st.....by the time hes in 3rd....im puttin it in 2nd....think about it my cars redlines waaaaaay higher then the mazda. and in return it allows the honda to pull harder
oh yeah and sum so called racers dont know how to race their cars any better then an old lady.......i on the other hand do.......so maybe u should learn ur car a little bit better maybe your can give sum upointers that might help u out....peace out haters
Old 05-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do some research before you plan on posting on here again because you're making yourself look like an idiot. Everything you posted above me is wrong.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well excuse me for not spelling correct all the time. im sorry teacher. do i get a time out now?... dude find sumin better to do then find all the spelling errors in the FORUM. and i never said my car weighed 1900bls,...i said my car is around that much lighter then the mazda....and that speed 3 DOES NOT weight 3100bls....its A pretty heavy car
and as far as shorter gears.....vs longer gears......while he shifts to 2nd im still pulling in 1st.....by the time hes in 3rd....im puttin it in 2nd....think about it my cars redlines waaaaaay higher then the mazda. and in return it allows the honda to pull harder
oh yeah and sum so called racers dont know how to race their cars any better then an old lady.......i on the other hand do.......so maybe u should learn ur car a little bit better maybe your can give sum upointers that might help u out....peace out haters
hmm, well if long gears make you faster, why don't you just start in 5th and let her rip!!!

Just a thought but have you ever considered that with shorter gears he's already going to be
ahead of you when he shifts since he's accelorating harder? Just a thought though. And what's this WAAAYYY higher redline you speak of? The MS3 redline is like 6.8k or so iirc. The b18b redlined at 7k.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh is that right? so ur mr know it all now? im the one that was there. im the one that burned on the mazda....so eat a di@k moron...and if u make it down here hit me up and all show a real good veiw of the hood my car....
Old 05-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah it probably wasnt a mazdaSPEED, drive your car to california and ill pay to get it dyno'd and have someone with a mazdaspeed 3 come smoke you
Old 05-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh is that right? so ur mr know it all now? im the one that was there. im the one that burned on the mazda....so eat a di@k moron...and if u make it down here hit me up and all show a real good veiw of the hood my car....

Mazda mini van maybe, but you didn't take out a MS3 that was actually trying. Not with what you call mods that were on your car (stage 2 clutch, major power mod!, lol). On top of that, pretty much any mustang GT made in the last 12 years would destroy you.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Acura Integra weight= 2,643 lb (1,199 kg)

Mazdaspeed 3 weight = 3,153 lbs (1,430 kg)

Performance specs=

Mazdaspeed 3: 263HP @ 5,500 280lb/ft AT ONLY 3000 RPM
Redline at approx. 6600 RPM

Integra LS (b18b1) :
Power: 142 hp (106 kW) @ 6300 rpm & 127 ft·lb (172 N·m) @ 5200 rpm
Redline: 7200 rpm

*courtesy of wikipedia*

Lets not forget to add on your mad tyte powa adderz:
DC 4-2-1 Header, mad tyte jdm under drives pullie, and a blazter coilz.

Your cars power. 10 bajillion ponypowa
Rev limit. there is none
And your "5 years of mechanic's experience"...... apparently useless. Because you should know that you cant really gain anything without spending a little bit of money. And getting a decent tune these days isn't cheap either.
Sweetness you just gained a whopping 10 HP. *on a good day*

So point being, who really gives a **** if you can rev higher than a Mazdaspeed3

By the time you finish roasting your tires off the launch (because you most likely you don't know how to besides just drop the clutch bouncing off rev limiter) that car is most likely past 3000 rpm which happens to be where its torque curve is at its best, which means the simple fact that you're gonna get owned.

Oh and BTW, anyone who says that they really know how to drive is a liar. We aren't talking about simple rudimentary "grocery getting" driving style.

We are not haters, and this is not hating......this is constructive critisism. and if you cant be straight up and deal with little **** like this, then gtfo of HT.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is MR. Mash gonna run someone over?
Old 05-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by twentyhurtz
i have a 95 gsr, short shifter, jdm b18c, skunk2 im, dc 4-1, high flow cat, apexi vafc, apexi ws2 exhaust, synchrotech gsr tranny with carbon synchro's, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza 7.5 lbs flywheels, poly motor mounts, about 100 lbs in weight reduction.. my car still DOES NOT eat a speed 3.. and i have drove my friends speed 3, i think its a 6 speed, and i'm sure the gears are shorter than your ls tranny

sure ist not always the car...it mostly comes down the driver......maybe u should using an msd blaster, advance the timing a tad....try to get more power to the ground, what size rims u got on ur car?
Old 05-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wtf_is_jdm
is MR. Mash gonna run someone over?
Yeah I didn't understand that either.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sure ist not always the car...it mostly comes down the driver......maybe u should using an msd blaster, advance the timing a tad....try to get more power to the ground, what size rims u got on ur car?
Yeah, a blaster would deffinatly make all the differance!! Lol.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rooftop voter
Yeah I didn't understand that either.
his car apparently mashes like said in first couple posts. so now his name is mr mash.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol...why would i waste mt time lying when im asking for ideas?? all the things i have on my car is true......lol i never said u had to belieive me... but its the truth....its all about lunch and knowing how to push ur car....hey maybe the dude in the speed 3 (and i know it was a speed 3) ididnt know how to push is car. but my homie in the mustang i burned on did! why would i lye i know what the f im doing as far as racing my car............compare all the specs u want buddy...get use to it......it all comes down to the driver...thats suming that you rookies dont understand...im out...got better things to do with my time then argue with a bunch of nerds.....u wanna run um? just let me know and we"ll figure sumin out...so untill then keep ur trap shut
Old 05-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

come on down bud. ill pay for the gas when you get here. we have two 1/4 mile tracks to choose from. your choice. And I'll be courteous and give you that much. Hell, you can choose lanes too. Come on down Friend. oh and in your profile pic of your car, it said the sun killed your paint. For some reason I highly doubt that, looks kinda like a shitty rattle can job.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol...why would i waste mt time lying when im asking for ideas?? all the things i have on my car is true......lol i never said u had to belieive me... but its the truth....its all about lunch and knowing how to push ur car....hey maybe the dude in the speed 3 (and i know it was a speed 3) ididnt know how to push is car. but my homie in the mustang i burned on did! why would i lye i know what the f im doing as far as racing my car............compare all the specs u want buddy...get use to it......it all comes down to the driver...thats suming that you rookies dont understand...im out...got better things to do with my time then argue with a bunch of nerds.....u wanna run um? just let me know and we"ll figure sumin out...so untill then keep ur trap shut
I wouldn't waste my gas on you. Last NA b18 I raced we were in different zip codes when it was done. I do have friends with mustang GTs that would love to school you though. Let me know if you decide to come up here.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WTF? did yall get a message from the OP? Cuz I did LOL. He is very angry brothers, LOL look at what yall did. If yall didnt ill post it up LOL
Old 05-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha dayum
But i also want to kno what tweaks i could do to my engine to catch some extra horses.. aside from headers and exhaust and intake...

Quick Reply: Anybody know any for tweaks for ls b18b1