Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

abs delete

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs delete

If i remove abs system on my 00 ls will the ecu turn the light on because it will find that it is missing? I have read about people doing this in later model integra's with no problems. But if i delete abs I want to make sure its a clean job. Any direction from those who have done this on this year and generation integra would be appreciated.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: abs delete

I'm sure you could pull out the ABS bulb. But why would you take ABS out of a 2000 integra? Just curious on your reasoning.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was thinking of cleaning up this engine bay a bit because I pulled the motor out to build it for boost. Would be nice to make room for the air filter. Plus I upgraded front brakes and hate ABS. Maybe i should just leave it in. So undecided. Plus I am worried about passing inspection here in NC
Old 06-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was wondering the same thing if I put up 5 lug on my 01 gsr. I'm struggling to unbolt my abs from my factory rear disk My brother is saying abs isn't necessary when u go 5 lug. But I don't want any cel's on my dash also (trying to make sure I pass tough NYC emissions myself ). I'm so aggravated I'm about to just cut the abs line out and remove it also from the bay
Old 06-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Upgraded brakes and 5-lug kits do not render ABS pointless. If you want to remove ABS that's just fine, we survived decades driving without ABS, but don't invent bullshit reasons for it.

The only positive result from removing ABS is a cleaner engine bay and negligible weight reduction, a good driver will hardly ever notice that a car has ABS but it's nice to have a safety net if/when you push threshold braking just a bit too far and lock up the wheels, especially in slippery conditions where it's much harder to judge. I can think of a few instances in the past few years where ABS has saved my *** or the asses of stupid pedestrians who jaywalk without looking, so I keep it for those rare panic stops.

As for whether the cluster light will go away with no ABS unit, the best way to figure that out is to find the diagram showing what powers it in the service manual, worst case scenario you just have to remove the bulb in the cluster.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MotorMouth93
Upgraded brakes and 5-lug kits do not render ABS pointless. If you want to remove ABS that's just fine, we survived decades driving without ABS, but don't invent bullshit reasons for it.

The only positive result from removing ABS is a cleaner engine bay and negligible weight reduction, a good driver will hardly ever notice that a car has ABS but it's nice to have a safety net if/when you push threshold braking just a bit too far and lock up the wheels, especially in slippery conditions where it's much harder to judge. I can think of a few instances in the past few years where ABS has saved my *** or the asses of stupid pedestrians who jaywalk without looking, so I keep it for those rare panic stops.

As for whether the cluster light will go away with no ABS unit, the best way to figure that out is to find the diagram showing what powers it in the service manual, worst case scenario you just have to remove the bulb in the cluster.
thanks for the great info. As I was about to just rip the line out I deceided to read my alerts and see what u said I won't rip that line out. I'll figure a way when my brother comes subday to help me work on it
Old 06-11-2017, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Edit; I just removed the whole abs line from the back seat through the body I don't plan to drive the car hard anyhow so I'll just do without abs and clean up the bay and remove it from there too

Last edited by Rome069; 06-11-2017 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm actually going to do an abs delete on my 92. The abs unit under the hood has to be replaced with a 2-4 valve unit. The issue I have is one line uses a 10mm fitting at the slave cylinder, the other a 12mm. So I need to get a flaring tool and reuse the old fitting if I can't get a custom line made for a fair price. Other than that, the abs computer is on the passenger side (mine is a 2 door) by the rear seat. Tearing it all out consists of removing the rear panel, meaning I have to remove the rear seat also. Honestly no big deal just time. Also the actuator system bolted to the frame has to be removed. Then there are the sensors going to each wheel. All that removed should shed probably 10-15 lbs, maybe more I assume!