Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

91 teg cowl seal

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 teg cowl seal

Hey all, in the midst of replacing blower motor and flap actuator due to cowl water leak. I am also fixing the leak. I have replaces those little white plastic plug things and made a new lower cowl seal from weatherstrip tape as suggested. My questions are this. The upper cowl (the one that goes around hood hinges and seals to windshield) needs the rubber seal that seals to the bottom of the windshield. Mine is all jacked up amd falling off. Can this be replaced? Where is it available if so? Or should I just leave it off or use some weatherstrip tape there too? Also those funny Philips head bolt thingys that hold the cowl down to the threaded stud's at base of wind shield....does anyone sell those?

Thanks
Old 03-27-2016, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 91 teg cowl seal

Man, I had the same issue. I ended up taking a bunch of silicone and rubbing it on the rubber (now days they may as well be plastic from dry rot) pieces around the hinges. I also used black adhesive silicone on all my plastic clips and just rubbed it any other place I thought water would get in, or the cowl was damaged. I also had my windshield replaced recently and the guy doing it was being super careful to keep all my OEM peices because he said no one makes them anymore! He told me I was lucky I still had most of them! (I was lucky enough to have a donor car). Other than that, I ran a strip of tape, about 1/4 inch above the cowl on the windshield and rubbed black silicone on there too, making sure it got under the cowl. Peel the tape while its still wet. I'd recommend looking for a few junk tegs and just start popping cowl pieces off because youll need them in the future anyway!
Old 03-28-2016, 03:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by chip102
Hey all, in the midst of replacing blower motor and flap actuator due to cowl water leak. I am also fixing the leak. I have replaces those little white plastic plug things and made a new lower cowl seal from weatherstrip tape as suggested. My questions are this. The upper cowl (the one that goes around hood hinges and seals to windshield) needs the rubber seal that seals to the bottom of the windshield. Mine is all jacked up amd falling off. Can this be replaced? Where is it available if so? Or should I just leave it off or use some weatherstrip tape there too? Also those funny Philips head bolt thingys that hold the cowl down to the threaded stud's at base of wind shield....does anyone sell those?

Thanks
Lol I bought acura out of them both the tops and bottom about four years ago as far as I know I have the last that was available I still have like 20 of each
Old 04-02-2016, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by oldschoolmaster
Lol I bought acura out of them both the tops and bottom about four years ago as far as I know I have the last that was available I still have like 20 of each
You've been pm'd
Old 05-04-2016, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://honda-tech.com/acura-integra...tegra-2548435/

Last edited by UndergroundTrev; 05-04-2016 at 05:23 AM.