Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

1993 DA9 B20V Build.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 1993 DA9 B20V Build.

Hello all Honda-Tech Members, Fans, and friends and whoever views this post.
Just signed up on here, always come on here for good info on all the time I usually have 2nd thoughts on but FINALLY signed up haha

Just a little background of me, My name is Corey obviously, im from San Antonio TX. Been in the Import scene down here for about 4 years and from a Local site which is highly known around here that is ran by a Gentlemen by the name of 'Skunk'. www.sanantonio-imports.com

Currently in the Army National Guard, Im active duty status. Always busy on Camp Swift but cannot get my head out of the import scene, still things I want to do and grow around haha

Any who, done with all the intro crap, to get to the good stuff.

------------== B20V Round About ==-----------

First to start with, I got a 1993 Acura Integra i picked up from Taylor TX in the middle of no where for 1800 dollars. It had the original B18a1 LS motor with the YS1 LS Cable 5 SPD tranny, all bone stock. This is how it is Now.

Well after having it for a few days ive started noticing i had a little bit of a hard valve taping then 5 hours later leaving from Austin TX from a car meet the motor died on me and after obvserving the timing and everything. Valves were bent and the timing just jumped out of no where. So thats when i knew the timing belt tensioner gave out.

So i gave Max Ramos a call on a motor swap and what he had avaliable. After about 15 minutes of discussion on what would be a good daily motor for building down the road and good for my 400+ miles every week back and forth from base in Bastrop TX. I went with a B20B and was very satisfied with what I got.

Couple months later i started doing research and picking at peoples brains that had great knowledge , started throwing numbers together and what parts i could get my hands on.

So i dynoed my car at JMS in San antonio to see where my car stands as it is now. I Dynoed it after waiting like 10 hours because it was a dyno day and EVERYONE was over there, the numbers i pulled were 107 HP with 110 lbs of Torque. I didnt really expect the numbers but i was satisfied with the line of torque i got.

At San Antonio Race way off of i10 going towards Houston i did a 1/4 of 16.21 at 87 MPH, I didnt think it was to bad considering all stock CRV motor in a 2600+ LBS shell

After Analyzing where i was standing at and what i could use to get better numbers than i do now, this is the current build i am doing and ALREADY have all parts avaliable and starting tomorrow morning of MARCH 7th 2012.
Beginning Of Build

The parts I am Listing are what I have ordered already. Feedback Positive or Negetive are greatly Apperciated.

HEAD
- P72 GSR head Port and Polish ( Off of Max Ramo's Drag car, 2 Dynos, 4 Quarter mile passes, barely not even 2 miles on it )
- Stock GSR Lifters
- Cams Blox type B cams ( fat *** Lobes )
- Ferra Competition Valves ( best on the market )
- Edle Brock JD Short Runner Intake
- Omni 70mm Throttle Body
- Golden Eagle Head Studs
- Skunk 2 Cam Gears

LOWER BLOCK

- RS Machine head pistons ( 84mm stock bore size )
- Eagle H Beam LS rods
- Stock B20B Crank

TRANSMISSION

- Re-built B 16 Cable Transmission
- Brand new Gears and After Market Syncros ( dont know the brand, max is supplying them for me )
- 1 - 3rd Gears are B16, 4th Gear GSR, 5th Gear LS
- Stage 5 Clutch AND ACT Pressure plate ( Suppose to hold up to 600+ HP )
- Stock B16 OR B20 Axles ( Hopefully will hold up for a few runs )

Current Build so far, shouldnt be missing anything but probably is lol...

Thanks guy

CoreyEX.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1993 DA9 B20V Build.

Welcome! Looks like you got a hell of a car bro. Nice, clean and looks like you got a good build going.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:20 PM
I requested a short story for a title.

looks like a good build so far
Old 03-07-2012, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

From one DA guy to another, "Keep them on the road!" I love the gen 2's. I currently own 2 of the a 90 DB1 with a B20b swap and a 91 DA9 with a B18c, ITR pistons, Skunk2 turbo stage 2 cams and a newly added t3/t4. I have been think about doing a head swap on the DB1, but for now it is my Daily Driver till I get the bugs worked out on the DA. Looks good so far!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

make sure you balance your rotating assemble. and use a vtec oil pump and water pump
Old 03-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clean car, sweet build

I would get a JDP front lip to replace that one though. That's just me though.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DirtyDA9
Clean car, sweet build

I would get a JDP front lip to replace that one though. That's just me though.

i know, this lip wasnt even made for my bumper. so i made it fit.... It works for now hahaha, ill worry about cosmetics after performance :} but good eye there haha :]
Old 03-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by phaphon
make sure you balance your rotating assemble. and use a vtec oil pump and water pump

Yeah gonna be using a Type R oil pump. Same oil pump Max Ramos here locally that runs 8.93's 171mph uses, stock type R oil pump, never has any problems.

Water pump, im using GSR

and rotate? No need to.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

NEW UPDATED TO MY SET UP!

Recently have changed my shell from a 1993 DA9 Teggy --> Canadian 1989 Civic DX Hatch back.

Upgrades consist of:

- Lighter, of course [ 2600 lbs --> 1800 roughly ]
- Full race front traction bar
- OBD0 --> OBD1 Under dash harness conversion
- OBD0 --> OBD1 ECU jumper harness
- Hasport Engine Mounts [ All around ]
- Front and back Sway bars
- Koni yellow Ground control Full Coilovers
- Front/back Aftermarket Camberkit
- Rear aftermarket Control arms

*Probably forgetting a few things but overall the upgrades I can think off my head*

Well, I got a LOT of pictures of the car, project body and interior wise is on its way, just a matter of time and money. Real excited for this car on the vision I have for it. Always wanted a EF hatch <3

Thanks for reading, enjoy the pictures...

[ Pictures tooken with my Galaxy S First Generation Phone, hopefully pictures are good enough ]
Attached Images           
Old 07-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

JUST forgot to throw it in here, I have upgraded to Tri-Y big tube headers from DNA motoring, and full straight pipe 3in exhaust [ Need 2 resonators, the noise is rediculous BUT my top end has increased dramatically and acceleration ]
Attached Images           
Old 07-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

More pictures... :X
Attached Images         
Old 07-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Trial User

Hi guys my name is David I was looking at this thread and I had questions because I'm planning on doing my own swap on a 90' da9. I want to drop a b20b into it the car I'm getting is jut a rolling shell so I need to provide a whole powertrain and any other things associated with that. Can anyone provide a detailed parts list just so I can get all the money saved up and so I'm not spending money on parts I don't need
also haven't gotten a tranny yet any recommendations?
Old 07-04-2017, 11:28 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by David Perez
Hi guys my name is David I was looking at this thread and I had questions because I'm planning on doing my own swap on a 90' da9. I want to drop a b20b into it the car I'm getting is jut a rolling shell so I need to provide a whole powertrain and any other things associated with that. Can anyone provide a detailed parts list just so I can get all the money saved up and so I'm not spending money on parts I don't need
also haven't gotten a tranny yet any recommendations?
Hi David, firstly, it's best to start a new thread instead of resurrecting a 5-year old one...

Take a look at B20 Swap info - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra for what you'll need to get from a B18A1 to do the swap.

Regarding transmissions, DA9s use a cable transmission so it makes it a lot easier using another cable transmission instead of converting to hydro. The cable Y1 that came with early B16As or a YS1 from a DB2 (GSR) will probably be the best options, but Y1s are a lot more common and some have an optional LSD. The gearing on these are identical and are much shorter than the gears on the stock YS1 transmission that comes on a B18A1, so it'll accelerate faster and feel more fun.

Your other option is to transfer the internals from a hydro transmission into a cable bellhousing, but if you're just going to be running a stock B20B then it's probably not worth it.