Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

15 yr old newbie here! what intake is best?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15 yr old newbie here! what intake is best?

what intake is best to put into a stock 93 integra(rs)
Old 02-02-2004, 02:01 PM

Default Re: 15 yr old newbie here! what intake is best? (straitryder)

I have an aem short ram intake and i think its the same as any other intake, including a cold air or a no name brand. Intake might give you a few hp, but nothing really noticable, It makes your car seem faster becasue it will sound louder. If i could do it again, i would save the money your going to spend on intake and buy something like a rear sway bar, or if your car isn't lowered yet save for some coilovers. Or maybe some motor mount inserts. But good luck on what ever you get.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:01 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Stock piping and arm, K&N filter. Do not waste your money here. All you will get with an aftermarket pipe is an annoyingly loud intake that looks like a piece of cheap ricer **** climbed into your engine bay.

I've had both (sadly) and the K&N filter in the stock box is slightly more noticeable in terms of power. Much quieter, too.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its up to you man regardless you wont gain much but i would go with a short ram...
Old 02-02-2004, 03:01 PM

Location: White Collard Crime capital of the U.S. known as S, FL, USA
Default Re: (91tegrals)

I would Deffinatly go with JDMDA9... You loose power in most terms.... keep stock air box with a K&N Filter... mabey remodify the tubbing with a different intake tube to the stock air box... IMO its alot better... plus cleaner looking....

-Mike-
Old 02-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (91tegrals)

I have an Injen SRI and I like it fine. It seemed to be a little faster in the but dyno than the no name one that I had before.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (91 Teg)

AEM, i can get them for you brand new for a great value, e-mail me with your car's info as well as your shipping info and what model you want (ie. Cold air, short ram, with or without the bypass valve)

Sales@alphatuning.com
Old 02-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

register for http://www.team-integra.net

then go here
http://www.team-integra.net/se...ID=46

it all depends on what you're gonna do with the motor, some intakes are better than others depending on which route ur going to take.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:42 PM

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=749544
Old 02-02-2004, 03:48 PM

AEM Cold Air Intakes are definately the way to go. In terms of bolt ons its the best bang for the buck compared to exhaust, headers, ect.... You can easily gain anywhere from 5 to 13hp.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Trust me, stick to the stock intake. An aftermarket one will give you at most 1HP gain or none at all with stock motor. I would only get an AM one if my engine's been tuned...
Old 02-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Darkside9to5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Darkside9to5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AEM Cold Air Intakes are definately the way to go. In terms of bolt ons its the best bang for the buck compared to exhaust, headers, ect.... You can easily gain anywhere from 5 to 13hp.</TD></TR></TABLE>

:shakes head:
Old 02-02-2004, 06:08 PM

Default Re:

aem short ram with a homemade heat shield
Old 02-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (97vtecGSR)

Anyone ever notice the difference performance gains between the cold air and short ram aem intakes?

Doesn't gain. You sure?

I went from 15.2 stock motor to 14.6 with short ram upgraded. (Quarter mile time)

Dont Believe me? I dont either, but its true. I still cant believe it, but yep. It HELPED ALOT~!
Old 02-02-2004, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Re: (synik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by synik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone ever notice the difference performance gains between the cold air and short ram aem intakes?

Doesn't gain. You sure?

I went from 15.2 stock motor to 14.6 with short ram upgraded. (Quarter mile time)

Dont Believe me? I dont either, but its true. I still cant believe it, but yep. It HELPED ALOT~!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Did you do a few runs with stock intake, then put on a short ram and do a few runs right after on the same day or what?
Old 02-02-2004, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Darkside9to5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Darkside9to5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AEM Cold Air Intakes are definately the way to go. In terms of bolt ons its the best bang for the buck compared to exhaust, headers, ect.... You can easily gain anywhere from 5 to 13hp.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please don't listen to this guy, I'm sure he means well, but he has no idea what he's talking about.

Unless you plan on other more serious upgrades, then all you will need is a K+N air filter. If however you decide to build your motor a little bit, then consider going to a different intake setup.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:23 PM

Default Re: (Kendall)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kendall &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Please don't listen to this guy, I'm sure he means well, but he has no idea what he's talking about.

Unless you plan on other more serious upgrades, then all you will need is a K+N air filter. If however you decide to build your motor a little bit, then consider going to a different intake setup.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-02-2004, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (mintegra97)

Looks like the kid is going to have a nice head start on some tech questions-

anyways... I really dont mind my AEM v2 whatso ever- I got it for a great price so i guess i can't complain about that. Whatever would suits your needs on what you want to do to the future, just look into all the intakes for your gen.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:10 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by straitryder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what intake is best to put into a stock 93 integra(rs)</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you really want to get creative, you can do what several other DA guys have done: adapt the stock piping and box from the 1994-01 Integra into your 1990-93.

Not only does this look way better than any other intake, it's also less restrictive than the stock DA parts and uses a larger, very desireable cylindrical filter. If you can get your hands on the ITR piping, then you get a bit more flow with the increased diameter.

Not a bolt in by any means, you must relocate the battery, figure out how to get the box to clear the A/C lines on the shock tower and finally find a way to bolt the box down. Worth the effort, IMO. I'm currently trying to do this set up...
Old 02-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by synik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone ever notice the difference performance gains between the cold air and short ram aem intakes?

Doesn't gain. You sure?

Dont Believe me? I dont either, but its true. I still cant believe it, but yep. It HELPED ALOT~!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea dude seriously, you're comparing 2 runs, not even averages... hell i could run a 16.3 and then slap on some stickers on the car and run a 15.7. holy ****! i think im gonna go get stickers

definitely pointless comparison. anyway, intake won't give u much power unless ur motor's fully built. just look into the article in team-integra.net
Old 02-02-2004, 08:19 PM

Doesn't gain. You sure?

Umm...just to lay down facts, there is no way in hell a SRI improves by 6 tenths. NOW, you could of had shitty track conditions one day, and not another, you could of sucked at driving one day and not another, or you could be completely bullshitting, but since we're lacking facts, I'm not going to pinpoint anything, except the fact that no SRI will gain you a half second on the 1/4 time.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 15 yr old newbie here! what intake is best? (JDMDA9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMDA9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you really want to get creative, you can do what several other DA guys have done: adapt the stock piping and box from the 1994-01 Integra into your 1990-93.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or better yet, get the Comptech intake and adapt it to your Integra.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:59 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: 15 yr old newbie here! what intake is best? (Kendall)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kendall &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Or better yet, get the Comptech intake and adapt it to your Integra.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now that would be ******* sweet. I'm not gonna be the first to do it, though...
Old 02-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if i were you, i would just get a generic 3 inch diameter pipe with a k&n intake on the end. i tried AEM, and personally i got better throttle response out of my 3 inch short ram with a k&n. have fun with your first mod.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 15 yr old newbie here! what intake is best? (94integrals)

if all you're going to do is intake/header/exhaust, the nstick with a stock intake and throw in a k&N... if you plan on doing headwork (P&P, cams, valves, valve springs etc), ecu tuning, NICE header (not that dc sports ****), and some other stuff, then get an aem cai, or even a short ram with some sort of ducting running from the bumper to the filter. but unless you plan on going big, don't bother.

-ryan

Quick Reply: 15 yr old newbie here! what intake is best?