Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Need help with stereo wire diagram for 92 Prelude

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Need help with stereo wire diagram for 92 Prelude

Cliff notes:
Does anyone have a pdf or pic of what the wiring setup is in a 1992 Prelude?? I am particularly interested in in the left front and rear speakers if that helps

I posted this in the Audio forum too to see if they have any ideas.

Long story:
Hey guys, I just installed my stereo system in my car. When the OEM headunit was in..the front left and rear left speaker cut in and out at the sametime. I thought maybe the headunit amp was bad.

I just installed a Clarion CD headunit and a 4 channel amp. I ran the speaker wire from the stereo wire harness using tight-fitting connectors for the front speakers all the way to the trunk to the amp. I bridged the rear two channels of the amp to run a 10" JL sub, and I am letting the headunit's rear channels power the rear speakers.

Well, I tested the setup today and I noticed that both the front left and rear left speakers still cut in and out at the sametime still. Remember, I am now running wires from the trunk straight to the wireharness.

I want to try and get an idea where I should look to see if there is a short or sometime of the sort.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, there probably is a short somewhere in the factory wiring, so what i'd do is take a piece of speaker wire... one from each speaker on the radio harness and run them to your doors, and hook the speakers up like that, that way you insure yourself that there are no shorts, that's the easiest way, besides the fact that factory wiring sucks PM me if you need some more help, may not be too good with the motors but i can damn sure help you with some audio
Old 07-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (PetroGuyX)

Hey man, thanks for the help. I ran speaker wire to the front speakers in my old 96 Accord. That was a pain in the a$$. The pass. side was easy but the driver's side wasn't.

Man, this sux.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:07 PM

yea it does, i've done it in a few cars, it's not THAT bad, get something that you can tape the wire to and run through the boot where all the other wires go, but yea it's still a pain, gotta do whatcha gotta do though
Old 07-23-2003, 06:38 PM
I live under a rock

Default Re: (PetroGuyX)

running wires isn't hard......... if you have pacience...... i worked in a car audio store for a while....... always always have to run new wires when installing a 4ch amp....... thats your mistake....... rewire and you'll be fine...... right now you are tryin to go through the factory wiring and if you have a 5th gen...... you have a factory amp...... which will also screw things up...... u need to completly bypass the factory wiring
Old 07-23-2003, 07:00 PM

yea, i've done a few 97+'s and they're annoying, bypassing the amp and what not, and it is just a matter of patience, but if you can find something hard yet flexible to tape the wires to, you can easily rum them through tight spaces, i used to use a car antenna good tool, lol