Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

DIY Motor Mounts Integra

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Motor Mounts Integra

Just did motor mounts in my Integra. And there wasn't a really good DIY on it, luckily I know how to do it from watching my friend do them before. Don't have pics yet, but i can always add them in later. For now this will be a written one.

Tools: Jack, Jack Stands, 1/2 and 3/8 ratchet, good amount of extensions, swivel, 10 mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17 mm regular sockets, 14 and 17 mm deep sockets, prybar, needle nose pliers, creeper, some rags, block of wood . MOST IMPORTANT patience and a prayer lol !!

There is no particular order in doing them, when I did them myself i started from the driver then tranny then the rear. From what i heard other people say you should start with the rear, because the new racing motor mounts will be to stiff and not have enough play and will cause lining up the T bracket a pain in the ***!

So here we go....

Driver Side Mount:

-Jack the front end of the car up, and put jack stands on both sides.
-Put a rag underneath the power steering pump, the rag will be on the A/C compressor. Take the 2 10 mm bolts from the power steering hose to where it goes on the PS pump, and the 10mm on the valve cover holding the PS hose bracket. ( This step is optional you can prob. work your way around it, but this is what i did.)
-Then take the PS steering reservoir and slide it off its holding bracket.
-Take your Jack and piece of wood. put it under the oil pan and jack it up until there is a little pressure.
-Get your 14 mm and brake loose the 3 bolts on the motor mount.
-Get your 17 mm and brake loose the bolt going through the mount.
-Now go back and completely take off the 14 mm bolts.
-Then finally remove the 17 mm.
- Mount should be out
- To install reverse order!

Transmission Mount:

-Unplug your map sensor
-Loosen the clamp on the Throttle body holding your intake.
-Take your 10 mm and take off the 3 bolts holding your airbox.
-Remove intake assembly.
-Get your jack with piece of wood and put it underneath the transmission, and apply little pressure to it.
-Get your 17 mm deep socket and take off the 3 bolts on the motor mount holding your trans.
-Then take your 17mm and take off the bolt that is holding the mount to the chassis.
-Mount should come right out!
-To install reverse order
-But if you did not take off the rear mount yet, don't put the airbox back on yet!

Rear Engine Mount:

Now here comes the fun part!

-Firstly, my car is completely stock so i have the 2 piece header.
-Take off the heat shield on the header.
-I loosen the header bolts that go into the cylinder head, they are 12 mm, you do not have to completely take them off, just back them off a little so you have a little room to wiggle it around.
-Then you have to take off the bottom part of the header that goes to the cat.
- For my car i needed a 13 and 15 mm wrenches to take off the springs bolts on the car ( it is aftermarket bolts thats why) so you guys will have to figure this out on your own!
-Unplug 02 sensor
-There is a bracket on the exhaust that goes to your engine block, there are 2 14 mm bolts you have to take off. It is above the Intermediate Shaft.
-Then take a 14mm with extension(s) and take off the 3 bolts holding your bottom part of the header together.
-Bottom part of the header should come right out!

Part 2 Rear Engine Mount:

- Now near the starter there is a 17mm bolt you have to remove.
- Go back underneath the car, take off the 2 19mm bolts holding the trans to the T bracket.
- Then you have to remove the 17 mm bolt that is holding the T bracket to the engine mount. If you can't get it loose with just the normal length of the ratchet, use a extension and a socket that fits over the ratchet, you have a mini pole thing that should give you enough leverage to get it loose.

( SHould have plenty of room down there with the bottom piece of header out of the way! )

- Now for the engine mount, take a 14mm socket and ratchet and take off the driver side bolt of the rear engine mount. ( I did it from underneath, you really can't see it to well, you just have to feel it. )

- For the last 2 bolts, i was able to kneel on my motor and get the bolts from the back.
-Take your 14 mm and numerous extensions and take out the middle 14 mm bolt, you should have a clear view of it if you are on the motor.
- For the last bolt all you have to do is, take your previous 14 mm socket with extensions, but put a swivel inbetween the extensions and socket. You can't see it, you have to feel the bolt first and put the socket on it. Then you can take it off.

- Now the mount should be loose now, you have to go underneath the car and you have to keep wiggling the T bracket toward the passenger side, you will see what i mean, just keep doing this and you can work the mount out.

- And THERE WE GO!! Rear mount is out.

-To install just do reverse order.

******** NOTE: When re-installing the Rear Motor Mount make sure for the bolt that is in the middle, you need to use a longer 14 mm bolt because the stock one is not long enough. I was trying to figure out why the stock bolts were not going in, thought it wasnt lined up etc... it was just the bolt was not long enough.

***** Note 2: Once you have the mount bolted in, and you cannot get the T bracket to line up with the holes. All you have to do is, take off the passenger side torque mount, and just unbolt the trans mount from the chassis. Then you should have enough room to make the T bracket lined up.

Thanks guys for reading, this is my first DIY write up, so not sure how i did lol.

I can add pics if you guys need to. But i do not know how to post the picture on here so you do not have to click on a link.

Cheers!
Old 07-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DIY Motor Mounts Integra

feedback would be nice!
Old 07-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

85 views not 1 respones. Come on people!
Old 07-22-2014, 06:39 AM
I am SO fancy!

don't have a need to replace the mounts yet, but i'll reference this if the time comes.

i'm at work, so can't confirm but it seems you have no pics. pics would really help.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Thanks for the Tech info!
Old 09-27-2014, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I can't get mine realigned on the top driver side..any advice
Old 09-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dc4dlT
I can't get mine realigned on the top driver side..any advice

You have to move the jack around possible loosen other mount points.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by greyEG
85 views not 1 respones. Come on people!
I would add some pics
Old 09-27-2014, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great write up. Thank you. What mounts did you go with?
Old 09-28-2014, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

i must say this is brilliant, my inner cheap@ss nods vigorously in approval.

DIY: Hockey Puck mounts - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
Old 10-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good thread.. pics would be very useful. Thanks for your time!
Old 10-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im doing this on my car. Thank you for the info!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You did put effort into it I'd love pics for some of the new users if you're experienced its pretty easy aside from the rear in which I had to take the WHOLE haed off lol.

I may take some pics when I do my 88A hasports... and get you or a MOD to add them.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

+1 on needing pics. I will be doing this in the near future and will be able to find out for myself how informative this is. The instructions seem straight forward and obvious. Only question I have is on your note for the rear motor mount. When you say you need to use a longer bolt, do you mean an aftermarket one or the longest one of the bolts you removed? I know it seems obvious, but it could use a little clarity.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by The Wangle
When you say you need to use a longer bolt, do you mean an aftermarket one or the longest one of the bolts you removed? I know it seems obvious, but it could use a little clarity.

My hasport mounts came with new rear and trans bolts. idk about some of the other brands, the reason being is the mount "plate" is thicker for the trans and rear mount.