Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

How much better are Alpine speakers compared to stock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:27 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much better are Alpine speakers compared to stock?

Ok, so my current set up is an Alpine deck, and all stock speakers. I have a 1997 civic EX coupe. It has tweeters and "premium" speakers for its time i guess. Im wondering if some Alpine speakers would be better? how much of a sound difference would there be? I don't want to have a huge sub-woofer so the world can hear. just something good and not too loud, not too low. would changing all four speakers to alpine speakers make a difference? how about alpine tweeters? is there a way to install alpine speakers to the stock tweeter casing? only reason why i am getting new speakers and stuff is because i get 50% off lol
Old 03-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How much better are Alpine speakers compared to stock?

This is a tough question to answer because thier is no right or wrong answer. Plus you gave no model numbers.. If they sound good to you get them if you can afford them get them.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:09 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by MONSTERZC
This is a tough question to answer because thier is no right or wrong answer. Plus you gave no model numbers.. If they sound good to you get them if you can afford them get them.
do i need to give you a model number???? we're talking about Alpine here.. i can afford anything...
Old 03-19-2013, 07:13 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It depends more on the installation of the speaker then the speaker itself, along with the power, [RMS wattage] driving the speaker.

Can an Alpine speaker sound better then a stock speaker, yes it can, however a 4" Alpine speaker will not sounds as good as a 6.5" stock speaker, everything else being equal.

An improperly installed Alpine will not sound better then a stock speaker, everything else being equal.

I have heard Alpine speakers sound like crap because of improper install, and real bad if connected to stock radio.

The limiting factor in stock audio systems is not the speakers it is the lack of power of the stock HU, a much bigger improvement in SQ is made if the HU is replaced with an aftermarket HU using the stock speakers then if aftermarket speakers are installed, [no matter how good] and driven by the stock HU. 94
Old 03-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quality should be better but it may not be as loud as the stock speakers were due to the Alpine speakers being able to handle more power where the stocks were at or past their limits. Biggest noticeable upgrades when it comes to mobile audio are upgrading to a more powerful headunit (which you have done) and adding a amp to the aftermarket speakers. (your next step after replacing stock speakers)
Old 03-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

After going through a coulpe different brands of speakers i will only use apline now, just my opinion after different bad experiences, mostly dont trust most installers to do the right thing cause they will do whats easiest.

but any way i replaced everything with alpine type R's and replaced all wire with better quality stuff, and run them off a alpine amp, they sound amazing. also good idea to run these----

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...speaker+baffle

they help protect the speaker from moisture and improve sound quality IMO a lot.

With all this done the sound quality over factory is incredible. may not all be necessary for an improvement over stock but what i found to have the best results.

Last edited by DO-WORK-SON; 03-20-2013 at 05:18 PM.