Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

1995 Integra Ls manual 1.8L won't start!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 1995 Integra Ls manual 1.8L won't start!!!!

What's up people. Any good help would be greatly appreciated. My Integra won't start from key. When I try starting, it doesn't make any sound, no clicking. Nothing. Dash lights come on just fine, headlights, tail lights, etc. work just fine with no dimming. This just started randomly 3 days ago when I got in my car that morning for work. I've been trying to figure out everything wrong with my car, but no one seems to know what the issue is. I can roll start just fine every time and everything works in the car after roll start. I even tried turning the key to start when I was driving and it didn't even make the usual grinding sound your car makes when you're trying to start the car when it's already started. I checked all of my fuses and they are all good. I even tried replacing my starter fuse and a couple of others. I've had my battery tested twice. Batteries Plus told me my battery was reading 432 which the guy said was good. the following day I went to AutoZone to test my starter, and they tell me that they can't test my starter because they read that my battery is bad. So I took my Teggy home and tried jump starting it, but still nothing so I figured it wasn't my battery. All attention pointed to my starter... I got a mobile mechanic that I know to check it out and he said my starter was bad. So I told him to go ahead and replace it, he replaces my starter successfully, I go to start it, and GUESS WHAT!? Still doesn't start. Here is another helpful feature to the Teggy... It has an aftermarket alarm installed which does have a starter disable/anti-hijack feature. The wire that is hooked under where my ground cable is definitely has a short in it and the ground is kinda loose. I have the remote for the alarm, I've tried reprogramming the remote like the instructions tell me to do, I tried overriding the alarm which it did, but still my car will not start. Can anyone help?! Could it be the alarm malfunctioning, causing the alarm to be stuck thinking that the car is being stolen even when overriding the alarm and resetting and ****?! Would the ignition switch cause this?! Help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

PS: Also while I was driving yesterday, my alarm lights were flashing while the car was running randomly (That's the alarms way of telling you the car is being intruded into.) and the keyless entry still unlocks, locks, and if held long enough, will go into panic mode. (It's a one button keyless entry remote)

I know this is a lot of **** to read, but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Again!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1995 Integra Ls manual 1.8L won't start!!!!

I may not be an expert on the matter, but I would defiantly try bypassing the security system.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by n0thin_2z_here
I may not be an expert on the matter, but I would defiantly try bypassing the security system.
Thanks man. I'll do that and let you know if it fixed my problem.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:21 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

X2, check/bypass the alarms starter cut relay, it is most likely on the black/white lead of the ign. switch harness, [if starter cut was installed.

Also... https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...cm+bypass+jump 94
Old 11-24-2012, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That alarm sounds like its playing games on you. Either try to remove it or bypass that thing. I hate aftermarket alarms. There are so many other options to security that dont require you to change much. Good luck!!