Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Accord mugen style side skirts ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord mugen style side skirts ?'s

All right peeps, this my first post. gotta few questions. i'm intrested in getting the mugen "style" side skirts. i've seen a few abs skirts online. my queston is how much lower do the skirts sit than my oem rocker mouldings.is their anything on the under carriage that would sit lower than the skirts, or will the skirts ride lower than anything else under the car. i already have the polyurethane front lip and it scrubs some speed bumps and drive ways. anyone think that they would sit about even as the bottom of the oem mud flaps, or lower? anyone have pics of them installed or being installed would be awesome. i have a 96 accord lx fodo. its been lower with Skunk2 sport springs and struts. here's a pic of the front lip. im just worried bout the abs busting to pieces. if you know where i could find some urethane skirts, please let me know.
this was before the lip, wanted to show the side with oem skirts and the ride hieght she sits at. any suggestions or info would be much appreciated. thanks yall.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Accord mugen style side skirts ?'s

They will sit a little lower than the oem side skirts, look at the pic above and compare with your car. There shouldn't be anything lower than these skirts at this point, if something will scrap, is going to be the skirt... not the body of the car itself.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

skirts will scrape/rub before anything else since they hang lower. one issue i hate dealing with is when trying to jack the car up from the side jack points. i dont wanna put too much pressure on the skirts while the jack's goin up, if it touches. you like the way these lips look?
Old 08-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

love the front lip. call me crazy, but the car actually seems more stable at interstate speeds since the lip was in stalled. just hate how it looks with the lip and oem skirts. the car doesnt really scrape the under carriage, mostly the mud flaps and the front lip, and id hate to put abs or glass skirts on and destroy them the first time i hit a speed bump. only urethane skirts i found are xenon's and they are too expensive. although i did find some carbon fiber skirts, but it's kinda hard to drive missin an arm and a leg.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Where can I find this skirts?