Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Honda Thieves!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Thieves!

Hello Everybody, I asked earlier about what other auto maker keys would fit a 90 Accord because of the Fucktards that are stealing Hondas again. I know a Club & Alarm are useless unless you have 1 hooked up through your smart phone to track it if it was stolen but how good is it when once the battery is removed from the car? I think a good deterent would be getting rid of the Honda lock cylinders completely & replacing them with other lock cylinders as the first line of defense! I know it could be done but I just don't know what make would be the exact fit to combat all the jiggle & master keys out there? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 10-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Thieves!

A hidden kill switch would be your best defense against someone driving off with your car. You would be the only person who knows where this kill switch is, so by the time they find it, someone would see them.

If you spend enough money on an alarm, you can get enough options to keep you fully protected. You can get an alarm with a built in backup battery, so even if they remove the car battery, the backup alarm battery would still keep it going.

My car is pretty secure. I installed mine myself, and it is very hidden. All my wiring look stock. They have to pull apart all my dash before they get to my alarm. I have glass breakage sensor, tilt sensor, voltage monitoring sensor. My alarm is a 2-way paging alarm, so my remote beeps when the alarm goes off.

I do not know where you live. I live in a medium size city.

Last edited by professorman; 10-21-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks professorman, I know about kill switches which are ok depending on where you want it located at but alarms seem useless since people become accustomed to them going off all the time when they're tripped by vibration from a loud muffler, music systems, etc. a friend of mine Accord was stolen last week & I have heard of so many Hondas being stolen over the last few weeks that it's pathetic & if they did recover them they're missing personal belongings, car batteries, radio, jacks, spare tires, & the catalyic converters are cut out.

I think that if a another car makers lock cylinder can be used to replace the Honda locks then that'll be the first line of defense but just don't know what would fit. I remember years ago that I used Ford door lock cylinders but I don't remember the year or make of it.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:52 PM
MM Gruppe B

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Use a Club between the shifter/hand brake, Autolock on the pedal, and if you really don't care one of those capacitor charged European 'Clubs' that give out a good shock on the steering wheel. Along with some form of ignition kill or starter kill.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you say alarms are useless? not if you have a backup battery
Old 10-19-2014, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Seen cars with OEM alarms, aftermarket alarms of all sorts, clubs, killswitches, etc. all still get taken.

If they want it bad enough, they're going to get it. One way or the other.

Your best defense, a garage and insurance.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:33 AM
MM Gruppe B

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexs S2K
If they want it bad enough, they're going to get it. One way or the other.
This is true, but the precautions will more than likely keep joy riders trying to use a pair of scissors and coat hanger from driving off with your transportation.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup a well hidden alarm with back up battery and back up siren behind the dash will keep him entertained. that is where all my alarms are with a spare siren inside the cabin to annoy you. now he would have to rip apart your dash just to turn it off.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You should get the viper sec system.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How to install a car alarm - DIY, Self install car theft security - Honda / Acura

Works for me^