Peakboost??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peakboost??

i recently posted on this forum that i was waiting on my turbokit from ken at peakboost well he finally answered my calls after i made a post on h-t. we talked he said he was sending the kit that day and i recieved it a week or so later... well like many of the pm's i recieved he sent me just a manifold, downpipe, and dumptube. its really nice but a full kit after a year and a half would be better. anybody have this same problem latley? I have my setup in the car and i cant do anything further because im lacking the rest of the stuff.. esp the fmic, that determines my whole front end and the piping.. also was promised a coated manifold and downpipe, and stuff came uncoated... i dont know what to do anymore? i try calling and left a few msgs and im back to square one..
Old 08-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Peakboost??

not again !! .. I swear like every 2 weeks there is a thread that is opened regarding Peakboost's horrible customer service .. WTF Peakboost ??
Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah there are always new threads on peakboost. Im just not sure how companies like this stay in business
Old 08-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive called my credit card company.. hopefully he will call me and give me some good news, ill wait another day or two
Old 08-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by E85B18
Yeah there are always new threads on peakboost. Im just not sure how companies like this stay in business
its always the same story, 3-4 months later people start worrying about where their kit is. over a year later they make a thread and people bash them saying why not talk to peakboost(not just them but other fabrication companies too) directly and not to air the dirty laundry, when in fact they cant get in touch and if they do all they get are lies. then within minutes peakboost usually responds to the thread to stop it from getting worse, and they magically ship out the kit and send fake tracking numbers/incomplete orders and the thread gets deleted or locked before they find out they got scammed yet again.

honestly i dont care if they were sending me the kit tomorrow i would just demand a refund, you know a company is scamming when they wont issue a refund for a product they haven't sent you and its been over a year.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea thats exactly what happened, how is he a sponsor when this is always a problem. im sure this will jus get locked b/c honda tech has gone down the crapper it seems these two last years in my opinion.. but atleast they dont owe people turbokits lol
Old 08-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this happend to me with a ftw ramhorn...i made a post...sent him a pm with the link to my post....he posted on it and that day i had a tracking number and recived it within a week...what shitty service tho...ill NEVER buy from peakboost agine
Old 08-05-2010, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by boost4life
honda tech has gone down the crapper it seems these two last years :
lol its been happening for a lot longer than that...this website is a shell of its former self, and with the change in the search function, it might as well of just erased all the old info

i waited about 3 months for my ftw manifold. about 2 months in ken called me and said they were waiting for headflanges that should be in later that week. about 2 weeks later he called me again said something else (i forgot what it was). i had my manifold about a week and a half after that. the welds look good and its holding up fine. im happy he called me about it, i just wish he did it a month in instead of 2 months. good thing i ordered it well in advance of my chassis being done, just to account for long waits for parts...just in case
Old 08-05-2010, 07:29 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by blackeg
lol its been happening for a lot longer than that...this website is a shell of its former self, and with the change in the search function, it might as well of just erased all the old info

i waited about 3 months for my ftw manifold. about 2 months in ken called me and said they were waiting for headflanges that should be in later that week. about 2 weeks later he called me again said something else (i forgot what it was). i had my manifold about a week and a half after that. the welds look good and its holding up fine. im happy he called me about it, i just wish he did it a month in instead of 2 months. good thing i ordered it well in advance of my chassis being done, just to account for long waits for parts...just in case
Why are u even waiting to get ur money back call ur credit company and get it back already and buy the stuff from someone else. Why are u wasting time making these threads. Your building a car not a rep on how you keep getting shitty service. A year and a half for a turbo kit is retarded. Get your money stop bullshitting and finish your. Car.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

your luckey 2months i would kill for that. lol his work is nice but cs is a joke. im gona call ina little. my guy building the car spoke so highly of his work about peakboost. i jus want my turbo k dammit spent so much and need nothing but the rest of my kit!!!! mods a lil help
Old 08-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

X2, ya if I woulda known about them in the first place, I wouldnt of bought my **** from them either,

I also had to make a post to get my stuff moving, but after I did, I got my stuff like the next 2 days.

It almost seems like he has the stuff in stock, but doesnt send it out unless you harass him
Old 08-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had decent service from them, one of my IC pipes didnt fit right but I modifed it to work and that was it
Old 08-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Trial User

Hey im New to honda tech but once i read this i had to join and post because im in the exact same boat as you and what seems to be alot of other ppl too. I ordered my kit from Ken back in May of 2009 i ordered the B series FTW kit and probably about half way thru got a package with charge pipes,manifold, down and dump and have been waiting for the rest ever since. I've talked to ken because i've been calling him every day for the past month very nice but i keep gettin the run around like everyone else. The last convo i had with him was on july 27 when he gave me a tracking number finally for the rest of my kit minus the PWR intercooler because that was getting drop shipped to me as he said. When i try to track it nothing has updated since so i called usps to see what was up and they said they havent even received any shipment for that tracking number. I've tried to contact ken but havent been able to get thru so hopefully posting here will help me get my kit. Im from Canada but i dont think things should take over a year and ive been more than patient.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i run a peakboost ftw manifold and it cracked sent it back took like 2 months to get it back but he sent me a whole new manifold then like 9 months later it cracked as well and it only took like 3 weeks to get it back i don`t like the wait wish i went with full race or afi
Old 08-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

again, why dont people just buy full race.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i guess the big reason is the price a lot of people don`t wanna spend that kinda money. They feel they can get the "same thing for cheaper" aleast thats what i thought when i bought my manifold.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:33 PM
HT White Ops

I'm telling you guys, shoulda just bought a fullrace manifold. Your always guaranteed to have your manifold in a timely manner AND the customer service is second to none..
Old 08-06-2010, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am always happy with fullrace. even if its not a manifold, still great service. They always answer the phone lol
Old 08-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn i thought i was the only one with this problem.. but i see so many similarities with you guys; ordered my kit in may 09, got a tracking number. but i havent recieved anything at all, and every time i call its always getting ready to ship for the next week....
Old 08-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Trial User

does anyone have suggestions of how to get these problems solved i mean all we want is our kits that we've paid for well in advance. Can a mod forward this to Ken and hopefully get some of these issues resolved. Obvisouly calling,emailing or leaving msgs doesnt work cause they never pick up or respond back.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmm. Maybe a thread would help,
instead of having random "peakboost??" posting,
maybe a complaint/ compliment thread.

I'd like to personally see a list of Honda-Techers
experience with the companies they ordered from.

Maybe complaints, whether or not they were resolved,
duration to resolve it? Etc.

I've had pretty good
experiences so far with the little that I've ordered from
businesses on here, I wouldn't mind putting my info & experience.

I wouldn't want to order a turbo kit, and wait half a year to get
either. (I'm not saying that's happened to me, nor am I bashing
peakboost)

There's alot of companies on here who stay on top of customer
service, this would just help weed out those that don't.

That's just a suggestion..
Old 08-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lets make a peakboost thread listing all the people that need parts from this company and pm everyone on this thread to join in? i jus want my stupid kit, and im sure everyone else feels the same. if we make this thing a big enough movement he woun't have a choice but to make this **** right for everyone. honda-tech is a open discusion forum on honda performance lets make this aware to other members to warn them aswell. good companys need to get recognition for the work they do, not scammers!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

soo the answer is full-race lol i know they are the best but i PAID for a peakboost.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry you are going through this, went through this myself with Ken and it was very frustrating. Only reason i choose Peakboost at the time was b/c he promised it would be delivered in 2-3 weeks. In the end it took threats to call my credit card company to get him to send me some of the parts like many others with incomplete shipments. I'm hoping if i have any issues with the manifold it will be covered. It is very sad when a company takes so much pride in their kits yet their customer service is totally lacking. I did not post anything bad about my experience figured water under the bridge but the more i see these peakboost posts it makes me wonder. Hopefully this post does not get deleted like the ones in the past so new comers can get an idea of he customer service hey will receive. Now that i do have the kit i can say the charge pipe fitting is horrible and i have had to make some modifications to make it fit. The manifold itself is a good piece so far so im crossing my fingers.

good luck
Old 08-07-2010, 06:11 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

full race ftw

creapboost ftl

seriously when will people learn

Quick Reply: Peakboost??