Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

So I'm in need of some advice and/or opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I'm in need of some advice and/or opinions...

Hi all, first off YES I'm the tool who did the "can you hook up a bov to an N/A car", but that's in my past.

But seriously, I'm at a crossroads. I current own a 1994 Honda Accord LX, midnight blue with somewhat cruddy paint. It is a 5 speed in great running condition (thanks to repairs) with just under 112,000 miles on it. I currently commute to college and will be doing a lot of driving now and in the next few years. I love my accord, but it is not the car I wanted. I really wanted a Mustang GT, I test drove 5 or so and they just weren't in the shape or price that I was looking for. Then I came across the accord from a family friend, and payed $1800 for it. I've put a total of around 1400 in repairs and a lot of personal mods/wrench time, another $500 or so.

So here is my real question - should I keep the car, put the miles on it and use it as a commuter car or sell it and get the mustang I've wanted for a while now? I've been leaning towards keeping it but wow have I wanted a stang for a long time.

If I keep the car and hold off on the mustang I will hopefully do these 3 things...

1 - 17" 5 Zigen FN01RC's with tires from http://www.discounttiredirect.com/ - They seem to have the best price shipped - or is there better?

2 - Lowering springs. I had Tein S-Techs and sold them because I didn't plan on keeping the car long enough to put them in. Now I'd like to buy them again and have them installed. But I am worried about the old suspension that is in there.

3 - POSSIBLY turbocharge the car. Probably get an ebay kit and a Garret turbo. No other engine modifications.

Any recommendations or ideas/opinions are greatly appreciated! PS: I will be transferring to a 4 year college beginning next year and will probably commute the first semester, another reason to keep the Honda.

PSS: Here is the most recent pic I have of the engine bay in my Accord and the other pictures are what I'd like the car to look like when I'm done.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:08 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: So I'm in need of some advice and/or opinions...

In college? Car will get dents and dings and nothing you can do about it

Just keep it and save up and buy a car that's actually worth buying and not someone else's project or a car that's been beat on.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ya keep it man it will save u some money and go a long way if u take care of it
Old 06-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

accord wins as a DD.

v6 mustangs (taurus coupes) are ghey and GT would suck too much gas for a DD.

however the 2011 mustang v6 that has over 300 hp with over 30mpg is money.. however it seems like it is that which you lack..

first off, good job on the bay. It looks nice. lose the spaghetti monster on the battery though.

get coils if you can afford them (FF2).
if not, I would recommend something like a tein s.tech with tokico illuminas. cant go wrong there.

I like the 5zigens. I came super close to buying some bronze ones a few months ago but the guy sold them behind my back . Theyre really lightweight for cast wheels which is a plus.

You should also look into going 5 lug (changing your wheel bolt pattern from 4x114.3 to 5x114.3)
This is done to make our accords accessible to a vast variety of more updated looking wheels.

lastly, I always planned on going h22a but then I changed my mind recently. I now plan on boosting my F. Not only because of the power to money spent ratio, but also because H motors use FRM sleeves (click me) which have the tendency to burn oil at higher mileages. also take note that F series motors are boost friendly with the 8.8:1 compression and iron sleeves. I hear the weak point of the f22 are the headstuds and ring landings. people on this forum have boosted stock f22s and put down crazy numbers.

anyways, I hope I was some help.

therefore, keep the accord.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I love how clean it the accord is, and I love your rims, but an accord is better for a DD.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys - thanks for ALL of the help, really. Looks like I'll keep the car - it is just too virgin to sell. I've got plans for it as well