Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...

Where is this company in Fl located?
Old 05-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BiggieBert
Where is this company in Fl located?
They were in Daytona, but they just moved. Not far i think. I cant have people going there mafia style to get answers since we have have a professional relationship between companies. Anyway, dude isnt gonna give a crap if some random guy comes around asking for parts he'll tell them to **** off lol.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE
They were in Daytona, but they just moved. Not far i think. I cant have people going there mafia style to get answers since we have have a professional relationship between companies. Anyway, dude isnt gonna give a crap if some random guy comes around asking for parts he'll tell them to **** off lol.
"Where are our bolts Ted? A bunch of shiny new plated bolts will pull a premium before race wars."

"They're in the warehouse!... ppbbbbsssstt...They're in the warehouse!"
Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
"Where are our bolts Ted? A bunch of shiny new plated bolts will pull a premium before race wars."

"They're in the warehouse!... ppbbbbsssstt...They're in the warehouse!"
you forgot the best part

"What are we feeling Lance... 40 weight?.. 50 weight?"
Old 05-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys! Little update for ya

So last weekend we had a little get together and pumped out some shirts with our new equipment. Just finishing up the gear for the members then we will start putting together an inventory in preparation for the apparel line going on sale in the near future

Right to left.... Me, Mike, Clauds, and intern Joe

After 3 weeks of straight rain, I hadnt washed my car in way too long and that doesnt bode well for my dusty *** pads. So I popped the wheels off and cleaned them inside and out as well as soaped up and power washed the suspension/wheel wells

Before:

And after

Still need to wash and detail the car inside and out so Ill be taking the day on saturday to get it done, and hopefully will have time to install this

Old 05-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh chit!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cleans up super nice evan, those brakes never get old

Buddy club SS is great i love mine! i don't think i ever took pictures of mine or if i even put them in my thread but when i got it the threads were all covered with like silicone or some **** SMH. Anyway, i love mine and even with all the negative things i've read from other about how it breaks mines been just fine.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mattrt09
Cleans up super nice evan, those brakes never get old

Buddy club SS is great i love mine! i don't think i ever took pictures of mine or if i even put them in my thread but when i got it the threads were all covered with like silicone or some **** SMH. Anyway, i love mine and even with all the negative things i've read from other about how it breaks mines been just fine.
Yeah the EP3 community loves them and havent heard of any issues with the EP version. Im sure the people breaking them are power shifting and tugging on it like its Ron Jeremys dick or something.

Very excited to install it and see how it feels. I mainly got it in preparation for the 6spd swap, and my stock shifter has some play in the ball/cup.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I put one in my em2- the shifts are super short... not sure if liked.. still havent had it tagged and inspected yet, but the drive around the block was odd.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah the EP3 community loves them and havent heard of any issues with the EP version. Im sure the people breaking them are power shifting and tugging on it like its Ron Jeremys dick or something.

Very excited to install it and see how it feels. I mainly got it in preparation for the 6spd swap, and my stock shifter has some play in the ball/cup.
i honestly don't know how the rsx idiots broke them, mine has never given me a single problem. I even had the boat anchor HR shift **** on for over a year with plenty of excited fast shifting, still nothing.
Have you looked at doing any of the other shifter related stuff? like the hybrid cable bushings or k-tuned billet shifter arm?
Old 05-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Flattery Will Get You Everywhere

i wanted to get one of those shifters for me element lol
Old 05-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by <StevieG>
I put one in my em2- the shifts are super short... not sure if liked.. still havent had it tagged and inspected yet, but the drive around the block was odd.
Hmm, hopefully theyre not too short for my liking. Im also going to be extending the steering column so I can sit farther back. Right now my legs are cramped with the proper reach to the wheel. I may also have to extend the shifter towards the rear of the car depending how far I go back...

Also after the short discontinuation of the EP3 shifters, they we re-released with some changes but Im not sure what they were.

Originally Posted by mattrt09
i honestly don't know how the rsx idiots broke them, mine has never given me a single problem. I even had the boat anchor HR shift **** on for over a year with plenty of excited fast shifting, still nothing.
Have you looked at doing any of the other shifter related stuff? like the hybrid cable bushings or k-tuned billet shifter arm?
Yeah Id like to do the hybrid cable bushings but thats it. Their cables look pretty sweet too but no need for them really and theyre dough!
Old 05-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

That was never my plan, I dnt even know your name, roll up in there "HEY you got SHG_EasyE's bolts MF'er!!" lol I dn think that would go over well. But Sseriously if they were local I was just gonna ask around see what other locals thought but I'm on West coast so w/e.. Hope all that got worked out..

Car is lookin as beautiful as ever!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BiggieBert
That was never my plan, I dnt even know your name, roll up in there "HEY you got SHG_EasyE's bolts MF'er!!" lol I dn think that would go over well. But Sseriously if they were local I was just gonna ask around see what other locals thought but I'm on West coast so w/e.. Hope all that got worked out..

Car is lookin as beautiful as ever!
Ah gotcha, thanks man!

His nickname is "Stu the Jew" lol if that gives you an idea of his rep. And hes not jewish
Old 05-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

kid list's "SoHonda Garage windshield banner" as a mod on his car. . .
Old 05-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmm, hopefully theyre not too short for my liking. Im also going to be extending the steering column so I can sit farther back. Right now my legs are cramped with the proper reach to the wheel. I may also have to extend the shifter towards the rear of the car depending how far I go back...

Also after the short discontinuation of the EP3 shifters, they we re-released with some changes but Im not sure what they were.
hmmm.. are you going to maintain the oem wheel? I know if you went with a hub and a quick realease that'd get you pushed back at least another 2-3 inches...

I had a boss<cheap guy> and nrg quick release on the coupe and that moved me back quite a bit.. I also have a shifter extened to get my hands closer to the steering wheel but that just goes up one the ep.

Im five' ten" I fit great! What I dont like is feeling like Im drivng a boat, with how the seat sits up so high.. but then I feel If I went with a my bucket and got some super lows, Id be below the steering wheel which doest get low enough. I dont like that much either. I love having the steering wheel at my chest. I lost that with the EP, the em2 was nice. **** Im starting to miss that little d-rock!

.. maybe fab up something similar thats angled backwards torwards the seat.. I also could see you cutting the shifter arm on the bc and rewelding it to your liking..
Old 05-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by <StevieG>
hmmm.. are you going to maintain the oem wheel? I know if you went with a hub and a quick realease that'd get you pushed back at least another 2-3 inches...

I had a boss<cheap guy> and nrg quick release on the coupe and that moved me back quite a bit.. I also have a shifter extened to get my hands closer to the steering wheel but that just goes up one the ep.

Im five' ten" I fit great! What I dont like is feeling like Im drivng a boat, with how the seat sits up so high.. but then I feel If I went with a my bucket and got some super lows, Id be below the steering wheel which doest get low enough. I dont like that much either. I love having the steering wheel at my chest. I lost that with the EP, the em2 was nice. **** Im starting to miss that little d-rock!

.. maybe fab up something similar thats angled backwards torwards the seat.. I also could see you cutting the shifter arm on the bc and rewelding it to your liking..
Yeah Im Keeping the stock wheel. No aftermarket wheel id want more plus Id never get rid of the airbag as long as its a street car.

The steering wheel height is fine for me, even with my bucket sitting pretty low I still have the wheel tilted up just a touch. Im thinking the shift arm might need to be extended towards the back of the car for the right reach once I extend the steering column but Ill figure that out when the time comes.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys finally some updates!

I washed, clayed, and waxed the EP last weekend... Then went to the homies house and wetsanded the wing and sipped some delicious beer

It was long overdue as the paint was pretty orange peeled.

Heres the right side about halfway sanded. You can see how much orange peel is still there

And heres the blade being sanded... you can see the original finish towards the far end

And the finished product... GLOSSY!

Old 05-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good
Old 05-23-2012, 03:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looking good as usual
Old 05-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Lord of the idiots

where are da beer pix
Old 05-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol there's one lurking behind my car in that pic
Old 05-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh hai, I seen my firebird

10k in music legit
Old 05-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just placed a few orders for the transmission build

Wavetrac LSD and $600 in Honda parts are on their way

Quick Reply: SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...