Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

XYZ Racing Coilovers???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XYZ Racing Coilovers???

Sup all
I have been offered a set of XYZ Racing Super Street fully adjustable coilovers and I wanted to find out from you guys whether they are worth the time or not.
Have any of ya'll used these coilovers or know of someone who has and please give me your honest views on this product.
I don't wanna save a buck or two now and regret it in a month or so.

Thanks in advance peeps
Old 09-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

XYZ? haha that sounds like a fake made-up company mentioned in economics classes or something
Old 09-22-2008, 06:29 AM

Default Re: XYZ Racing Coilovers??? (HiroshimaScreamer)

(sigh) please provide the link
Old 09-22-2008, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, I thought the same thing at first. Here's a link to the site for interests sake:
http://www.xyz-racing.com
Old 09-22-2008, 08:23 AM

checked out the site and they seem legit. if you do decide on them you should right up a review tell if they are a good product or european dropzones. what car will they be going on?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

yet another Tiawan-based auto parts company *roll eyes*

and the fawking website doesn't work right in Firefox

I can't stand web designers who are too damn lazy to make sure their crap works in both IE and Firefox.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:41 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: XYZ Racing Coilovers???

I am in the car parts(especially tuning) wholesale business. We are the exclusive EBC and Goodridge dealers in Romania and we also are official dealers for Powerflex, Bilstein, Tarox, and AP. As you can see we are accustomed with only serious suppliers.
I am writing this article hoping that no one will have the same bad luck as we did.
Because I received a lot of advertising emails from XYZ, I decided to give XYZ a try because I needed a suspension that was only available from them. I ordered 4 suspensions and a brake kit. The delivery time was supposed to be 7-10 days but they didnt respected it and the order was ready for dispatch after 21 days!!!. One of the suspensions did not fit and one of the brake kits came with the wrong bolt pattern.

I wrote to my sales agent and after sending pictures and making a lot of measurements during a whole week, she gave me the solution: the return of the items is not accepted because is not their fault they did not fit. The only argument they had was:”we sold these to a lot of customers and they dind not had any problems with them”

I modified the brake kit and fitted it but after 100km the rotors started to vibrate and when we checked them, the aluminium hats were deformed and not because of the heat but because the material was too weak for this type of application. I contacted the sales agent but the answer came a lot faster this time: improper usage, no warranty.

I advise all potential buyers to stay away from the 3 Taiwanese brands: XYZ, D2 and K-Sport, they are all made in the same factory, all parts are interchangeable and all share the same low quality and absolutely no warranty.
- The package and the paint quality of their products is very high but at a closer look you will recognize a cheap “made in China” design who does not worth the money(480$/coilover and 780$/330mm brake kit).
- The suspension hardness is adjustable but the difference between the hardest and softest settings is imperceptible and the shocks are very fragile(after only 3 trackdays there was a lot of play on the front shocks on a MK5 GTI).
- The diameter of the calipers` pistons in their brake kits is the same for all cars and in many cases they are a downgrade instead of an upgrade, the pistons surface being smaller that the one from the oem caliper. The 6 pot caliper has is in fact a 2 piston caliper. Despite the fact it has 3 pistons/side, 2 of them have 35mm diameter and the third has only 25mm. The total area is 2415mm² which is smaller than the area of almost any oem caliper(a standard Golf MK5 caliper has 57mm diameter piston with an area of 2551mm)
Old 06-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Master Detailer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Never heard of them, id stay far far away.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Trial User

One fake company
The Yellow Speed is a really small company in Taiwan, there are only 5 employees working there, it’s like a household factory, also there is no ISO approval for the products they make. It’s the company which specialized in pirating others’ products.

In fact, Yellow Speed just founded before Oct. in 2010, the person who in charge of Yellow Speed company used to work in D2 company, but he got fired due to theft. So far D2 has started to sue the company, as I notice, they pirate D2’s patent as well.

If there is someone who is interested in buying their products, perhaps it won’t be under any warranty as the company might be out of business at any time.

P.S. You can post the message above to any website, chat room in public, if there are any unrealistic, we will take the responsibility.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by HiroshimaScreamer
Sup all
I have been offered a set of XYZ Racing Super Street fully adjustable coilovers and I wanted to find out from you guys whether they are worth the time or not.
Have any of ya'll used these coilovers or know of someone who has and please give me your honest views on this product.
I don't wanna save a buck or two now and regret it in a month or so.

Thanks in advance peeps
You can't go by this. Especially where he bought it from. Most importanly you can see clearly the user on the forum is new and only had 3 post. Which means he had every intentions to bad mouth a company he knows nothing about. Ksport, D2 and XYZ brand happens to be made in Taiwan. But it's not made from the same manufacture. Taiwan happens to be a manufacture for many brands. Such as Japanese brand you know and American brand you know of. I can't tell you this because it will cause a big fight in the industry. Also it's been told and discovered the person whos speaking bad on us is an employee from yellowspeed. Who was terminated for stealing our products here when he was working at XYZ. We have not bad mouth Yellowspeed, I see a waste of time replying to emails that way. We are known for our success in tracks and we will be growing this year on our 4 drift cars here in America.

So I assure you don't worry about what was said before on comments such as these. No matter what we do in life, what brand, there will always be someone speaking bad about a company. Here is a perfect example. Someone here in the USA said Tacobell was serving mystery meat. Rat meat. That made the company very bad for trade. Or look here, even more better take a look at what Toyota. Someone is blaming for toyota misshap, but if you think about it Toyota in Japan has no issues. So what is really wrong? People will lie and corrupt people in making it think it's bad for their business success.

I hope you find this interesting and see my point of view.
From the words of XYZ direct.

I suggest you guys go direct on their American Brand

www.xyzsuspension.com
Old 02-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well hello 2.5 years ago.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

MANY cars in the hondacup race series in New Zealand use XYZ coilovers without ANY troubles at all.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:06 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

^^ Er. Old *** thread.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Master Detailer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Coupe-R
MANY cars in the hondacup race series in New Zealand use XYZ coilovers without ANY troubles at all.
Old *** thread that was better left dead. Thanks for bumping it.