Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone know how to import a car from japan and actually registering it legally?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know how to import a car from japan and actually registering it legally?

Im trying to find out how I can get a RHD EG imported and registered legally, i know people who can get me the car i want into the states, but how can it be registered legally?? any suggestions? or better yet, anyone know someone that sells rhd cars in the state?

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:01 AM
New User

Default Re: Anyone know how to import a car from japan and actually registering it legally? (harajuka)

http://www.foreignborn.com/vis...r.htm
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

It's going to be expensive with taxes and such.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Anyone know how to import a car from japan and actually registering it legally? (yinlun)

Check the cars for sale forum, sometimes there's a RHD car for sale. But if you want to spend all the money to your name and then some to purchase a car in japan, pay for taxes and shipping to the states, pay for taxes and registration fees, and pay to have all the smog stuff made legal, go for it. But if not you could always go buy a brand new BMW.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone know how to import a car from japan and actually registering it legally? (harajuka)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by harajuka &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im trying to find out how I can get a RHD EG imported and registered legally, i know people who can get me the car i want into the states, but how can it be registered legally?? any suggestions? or better yet, anyone know someone that sells rhd cars in the state?

Thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

how are we suppose to know what legal requirements are needed for the state of florida? every state is different as far as registration of cars go.. why not walk into your local dmv office and see what they say first. they will be of more help then anyone here will be. reason being you will have to go to the dmv to verify any info you gather here anyways... right? right.. and if you bothered to put some effort into the search function here on h-t you would have about 75% of your answers right in front of you.

main point being if you missed it...no matter what anyone tells you here, no matter how specific they are on the form #'s to fill out.. you will have to go to your local dmv to verify everything. so asking for help here is really a waste of time. because the dmv will show you which correct forms to fill out..

Old 03-30-2005, 03:59 PM

This company can help. But you gotta be serious and have the $$$.
http://www.occidentalcars.com/index.htm

Old 06-11-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Anyone know how to import a car from japan and actually registering it legally? (ITACivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITACivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This company can help. But you gotta be serious and have the $$$.
http://www.occidentalcars.com/index.htm

</TD></TR></TABLE>
that site is inop
Old 06-11-2007, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u might as well just buy the car already imported to us.there are rhd jdm honda in us.but i dont see the point of buying one except for show off purpose.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Anyone know how to import a car from japan and actually registering it legally? (RED95EG6)

It's difficult to get insurance as Japanese cars don't have Vin's.

You'll need specialty insurance from AIG or another company that either does soley imported cars or anyone with a special program for imported cars.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone know how to import a car from japan and actually registering it legally? (ek forever guy)

US registered cars from Japan get a US registration ID to get insurance.

There is a RHD Honda Integra Type R on ebay right now. It CW also with carbon hood. 16,500.00 buy now.

Check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem