Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

door hinge pin and bushing rebuild kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: door hinge pin and bushing rebuild kit

I can find a pin and bushing kit for every car except a honda. Really frustrating. I don't want to go OEM because I'm sure there is some bushing bore deformation, and I want a kit I have to drill out.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Trial User

hi did anyone manage to find a set online yet. i recently bought a 1992 1.6 DOHC VTECH teggy. the doors sag and i cant seem to find a set anywhere. i also need a front crossmember. i have found lights and bodykits but not many replacement parts. (any info would be nice i need parts)
Old 04-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, krazy to see my old thread pop back up after so long...

If I remember correctly honda never made a kit for this, and most people just resorted to rigging something up.

Im not sure if you buy the whole OEM hinge assembly if it comes with the pin or not. Would assume it does, but then again these cars are starting to get ancient, and parts are being discontinued. I was willing to buy an OEM fuel pump for my DB2, but I couldnt get one

So the best bet is probablly a salvage yard...
Old 04-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Carland Acura in Georgia, USA, carries what appears to be the complete door hinge for about $35 per hinge (2 per door). Not sure about them shipping to Ireland, though.

www.acuraautomotiveparts.org
Old 05-28-2014, 02:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My 95' Civic Ex, Driver Door has this same issue. I always wondered if drilling out the Pin and replacing with a bolt would work. A mechanic buddy said that when the door starts to sag on a Honda it's time for a new car..
Old 05-29-2014, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon2 Re: door hinge pin and bushing rebuild kit

Originally Posted by CoupeD16z6Civic
My 95' Civic Ex, Driver Door has this same issue. I always wondered if drilling out the Pin and replacing with a bolt would work. A mechanic buddy said that when the door starts to sag on a Honda it's time for a new car..
Does anyone else agree that swapping out a Honda door hinge isn't worth the trouble? has anyone every attempted this??
Thanks,
CoupeD16z6Civic
Old 05-29-2014, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've replaced the door hinges on my driver side. Door sag fixed and the door closes much easier since it doesn't have to deal with aligning as it closes.

In hindsight I probably should have looked at the hinges afterwards to see which one was looser. I guess when you've already spent the money on both, why give a shart.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:51 AM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IN VTEC
I've replaced the door hinges on my driver side. Door sag fixed and the door closes much easier since it doesn't have to deal with aligning as it closes.

In hindsight I probably should have looked at the hinges afterwards to see which one was looser. I guess when you've already spent the money on both, why give a shart.

Holy thread revival... My driver side door has been sagging for years and I guess it's time to fix it..

When you purchase the door hinge does it come with the pin or everything you need?

I might try to do a write-up
Old 05-30-2014, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes. The only things you need to buy are the A and B hinges.

I did it the minimally invasive way and only removed the fenderwell liner. If you need to remove the fender, you'd have to remove te frot bumper cover and the side skirt.

It sure would have been easier to adjust the hinge positions if you had a second person to help you test while you tighten/loosen the bolts. Getting it right takes trial and error.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:57 PM
Global Moderator

I did it the minimally invasive way and only removed the fenderwell liner. If you need to remove the fender, you'd have to remove te frot bumper cover and the side skirt.

It sure would have been easier to adjust the hinge positions if you had a second person to help you test while you tighten/loosen the bolts. Getting it right takes trial and error.
Just #11, & #12.. nothing else, right?

Old 06-01-2014, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup. Ordah #11 and ordah #12.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon2 Re: door hinge pin and bushing rebuild kit

Anyone that is a DIY'r with no garage or fancy tools done this? If so how long did it take??

Thanks,
CoupeD16z6Civic
Old 08-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've did it today with ebay pin&bushings kit bought it for something like 13-14$
it's the pins that got wear,bushings are good as new after 19 years and 200.000km and i left them there,sure they are better then this taiwan ****

I have garage but don't have fancy tools,so most of the tools were DIY it took me 5-6hours to change it cause i've took out one hinge and then fucked everything,believe me it's hard to adjust the door,don't even try if u don't have exp.

the best way is to have one to help u and hold the door for u
then u will do it in about 2 hours for both doors and remember to grease them at least 2-3 times in the year they will last forever
Old 08-21-2014, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

my 94 never had door sag, but HFS that seems like way too much work just to fix some sag.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Global Moderator

Originally Posted by Eighty-Nyne
I can find a pin and bushing kit for every car except a honda. Really frustrating. I don't want to go OEM because I'm sure there is some bushing bore deformation, and I want a kit I have to drill out.
That is the issue that I have ran into.. I replaced both hinges on both doors [passenger and driver side] as well as the door check #16 on both doors.. Everything is greased up and every once in a while it still makes a small ''pop'' or noise when opening and it's because bore deformation.

My fenders and side skirts were already off so it was easiest for me to do it that way.

Originally Posted by smichka
I've did it today with ebay pin&bushings kit bought it for something like 13-14$
it's the pins that got wear,bushings are good as new after 19 years and 200.000km and i left them there,sure they are better then this taiwan ****

I have garage but don't have fancy tools,so most of the tools were DIY it took me 5-6hours to change it cause i've took out one hinge and then fucked everything,believe me it's hard to adjust the door,don't even try if u don't have exp.

the best way is to have one to help u and hold the door for u
then u will do it in about 2 hours for both doors and remember to grease them at least 2-3 times in the year they will last forever
Buddy of mine has a tool from his body shop he brought over.. so i was lucky

Originally Posted by B_Swapped93
my 94 never had door sag, but HFS that seems like way too much work just to fix some sag.