Southern California Fresno & Below

The whole scene turned ghetto

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The whole scene turned ghetto

Originally Posted by AK_20_EM1
i drive a p.o.s. 94 civic coupe. yes im emabarassed every now and then to pull up somewhere. no carpet, no backseat, black front end, you would think a 16 year old would jump out of this thing lol. it is also my daily. yes the "scene" as you call it is the same as it was 10 years ago, young kids getting started making shitty mods... just now the fad is this stance crap that is being overdone with fwd hondas atleast... but yea i hear you
Your car has a v6 it's not a POS unless its poorly installed. Otherwise, that's pretty damn impressive. Yes the scene was pretty bad in our younger days. The glorious ricer era. Learn from our mistakes don't repeat them. If i ever see a R35 front end on an integra, I will shoot my computer.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

I've been into Hondas since 99 when I got my first b16 swap in my CRX. Though I was never part of the "scene", I never went to any car meets or any of that. I was interested in drag racing and that was about it.

I stopped daily driving my Honda in 2007 once I went from NA to turbo. I just realized I needed a reliable car I could count on. My wife drives an Acura TL and I drive a TSX, both are bone stock and that is the way I like it.

All I do with my Honda is continue to build it to go faster, I tow it to the track to drag race and bring it home. Usually once a week I take it around the block just to keep the Ignite 114 flowing.

I am basically into drag racing to have fun and go fast. If it wasn't a Honda it would be something else.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:26 PM
longest project ever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC
I've been into Hondas since 99 when I got my first b16 swap in my CRX. Though I was never part of the "scene", I never went to any car meets or any of that. I was interested in drag racing and that was about it.

I stopped daily driving my Honda in 2007 once I went from NA to turbo. I just realized I needed a reliable car I could count on. My wife drives an Acura TL and I drive a TSX, both are bone stock and that is the way I like it.

All I do with my Honda is continue to build it to go faster, I tow it to the track to drag race and bring it home. Usually once a week I take it around the block just to keep the Ignite 114 flowing.

I am basically into drag racing to have fun and go fast. If it wasn't a Honda it would be something else.
I'm kind of doing the same thing, but I plan on driving it for fun, not as a daily, parts are just getting too hard to find for them to beat on it. Mine is an old school build, doesn't even have a computer, just carbs, cam,ignition, header,head work, all the old ways of going fast. The wife and I do plan to take road trips in it when it's done, nothing like a vintage honda cross country.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

From what I see the only part of the Honda scene that has not been ghetto for a long time are the road race/time attack bros.

I bought a Honda because I thought the theft and BS games had finally died down and I wouldn't have to worry about my POS Civic getting jacked if I built a nice engine for it. Apparently, I was wrong and Honda theft is still going strong.

Just heard two days ago about the guy around the block with a B18c swapped Del Sol getting his **** jacked last weekend while he was at the theater of all places. This is Arizona too, so I can't imagine how bad Cali must still be.

I told him if they find his shell I want it, have always wanted a Del Sol.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:27 PM
longest project ever

Originally Posted by JoeBlue
From what I see the only part of the Honda scene that has not been ghetto for a long time are the road race/time attack bros.

I bought a Honda because I thought the theft and BS games had finally died down and I wouldn't have to worry about my POS Civic getting jacked if I built a nice engine for it. Apparently, I was wrong and Honda theft is still going strong.

Just heard two days ago about the guy around the block with a B18c swapped Del Sol getting his **** jacked last weekend while he was at the theater of all places. This is Arizona too, so I can't imagine how bad Cali must still be.

I told him if they find his shell I want it, have always wanted a Del Sol.
the vintage Honda scene isn't ghetto, mainly because young kids don't want to mess with a 25-30 year old Honda, no bolt on parts, etc, the young people that do get involved are usually pretty serious about the cars, theft isnt bad either since they really don't have much value. they go way back all the way to the s600 and s800 cars and the N600 all the way through early generation Accords,preludes, and now early Civics are heating up. I think you are going to start seeing projects showing up in the future, I remember when a second generation Civic was considered junk, now you see them showing up with crazy swaps, and it's no easy to do. I'm old enough to remember swapping A20's out of third generation Accords into first generation civics, that was a hot swap when the third generation was only a few years old. Made it into a little beast
Old 04-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alot of things has changed while I was in the Honda game...from making your motor fast on a stock body with 14" black steelies to Wing West, Black Widow, Xenon, etc, etc body kits, and Stance. I had my fair share in all of them. I've waisted plenty of $$$$ doing it, but it was an experienced throughout the trends!! Eventually, some FADE AWAY and some are still around. Some of the older "gearheads" that I know, such as me, are going back "O'Skool". A stock body look, some legit JDM wheels, lowered on legit JDM coilovers. I drive my car daily to and from work, and wherever I need to go....

Old 04-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JNocon
Alot of things has changed while I was in the Honda game...from making your motor fast on a stock body with 14" black steelies to Wing West, Black Widow, Xenon, etc, etc body kits, and Stance. I had my fair share in all of them. I've waisted plenty of $$$$ doing it, but it was an experienced throughout the trends!! Eventually, some FADE AWAY and some are still around. Some of the older "gearheads" that I know, such as me, are going back "O'Skool". A stock body look, some legit JDM wheels, lowered on legit JDM coilovers. I drive my car daily to and from work, and wherever I need to go....

Ay foo where you been at!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont think it's a money dump putting parts into the car as long as you do the work yourself and plan on keeping the car for a while. Pays for itself.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Fnix
I dont think it's a money dump putting parts into the car as long as you do the work yourself and plan on keeping the car for a while. Pays for itself.
Quality parts can usually fetch top dollar on resale. When I was done modding my last rig I parted it out and made more than I spent putting it together. Cant say the same for someone using knock-off parts as they are just not in as high of demand.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:01 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by lostforawhile
the vintage Honda scene isn't ghetto, mainly because young kids don't want to mess with a 25-30 year old Honda, no bolt on parts, etc, the young people that do get involved are usually pretty serious about the cars, theft isnt bad either since they really don't have much value. they go way back all the way to the s600 and s800 cars and the N600 all the way through early generation Accords,preludes, and now early Civics are heating up. I think you are going to start seeing projects showing up in the future, I remember when a second generation Civic was considered junk, now you see them showing up with crazy swaps, and it's no easy to do. I'm old enough to remember swapping A20's out of third generation Accords into first generation civics, that was a hot swap when the third generation was only a few years old. Made it into a little beast
To be honest, I have not been a part of the vintage Honda scene. I would love to have an S800, but I would want one that had no engine or a blown one so I would not feel bad about shoehorning an S2000 drivetrain into it.

The only 100% collectible car I would want is an old C10 Skyline.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:35 AM
longest project ever

Originally Posted by JoeBlue
To be honest, I have not been a part of the vintage Honda scene. I would love to have an S800, but I would want one that had no engine or a blown one so I would not feel bad about shoehorning an S2000 drivetrain into it.

The only 100% collectible car I would want is an old C10 Skyline.
but you forget s800 already has the crazy redline, the original engines in those cars are works of art, 800 cc engine, and the car would still hit 100 mph,
Old 09-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So...I decided to check out the 818 car meet two wednesdays ago. I grew up in the 818 valley and was active in it's street racing scene from 1998-2001. If anyone from that time can recall, there was huge raid on glenoaks and everyone went to jail. The valley was dead for a long time, until now, so I hear. 13 years later and here I am among a huge crowd of people in a movie theater parking lot in North Hollywood. Honestly, I missed the valley scene and wanted to check it out. Well...it was most certainly ghetto. Walked around to take a look at the cars and had a few punks ask me if I was lost. They tried to intimidate me for no reason at all, but it didn't work. I noticed three cop cars were parked in the corner and begin to regret coming to this meet. Punks + Cops= bad energy. So I go back to my car and tell my friend we should leave because I have a bad feeling about tonight. He urged me to stay, so I did, because I couldn't leave him there alone. Someone yelled something and everyone begin form a big crowd around some guy. It was a circus. They all then ran back to their cars and headed out. "This is the post fast and furious generation", I thought to myself. They swear they're in a movie. My friend said they're heading out to glenoaks but I already knew the cops would be waiting. The guy that rounded up everyone must have no common sense. Pure ghetto retards. I met a nice kid who had an early 90's cadillac that was pretty funny. Anyways, as I was driving, I spotted a white cadillac and noticed the whole rear end was smashed up. I pulled over to see if it was the same kid I talked to. It was. He told me a camaro full of cholos rear ended him and ran away. The severity of the crash knocked him unconscious so he wasn't able to catch their plates. My friend then called me and said the cops are everywhere and the people are out of control. He wanted to call it a night. Thank God. The kid had some friends help him and I left him my number in case he needed more help. On the drive home, I couldn't help but be discouraged. This is the "lost generation." A generation where they came to know about motorsports through a hollywood movie. A generation where they bring all their ghetto attitudes and habits to a place where it's supposed to be about cars. I seen a video clip where some ghetto hoodrats get into a fight at that meet. Pretty much sums it up. Here's to you 818 *fart
Old 09-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

Sounds about right. Last time I went to a regular parking lot meet was in '07 or so, it's pretty much the same **** here. I'm confident that it's gotten worse since then too.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spAdam
Sounds about right. Last time I went to a regular parking lot meet was in '07 or so, it's pretty much the same **** here. I'm confident that it's gotten worse since then too.

Same here last time I was at a meet was 2005. Had a few knucklehead doing burnouts in the parking lots and on their way out.... lame as usual. I was in the scene during it's early days 1991. Ahh the good ol' days. I remember having bolt ons which was sweet and if you had camshafts... you were the man Nowadays it's all about ugly *** execution like widest rims and stretching tires, rusty hoods, goofy colored rims with ebay suspension
Old 11-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is what I've noticed with the scene nowadays. I've also noticed an increase in shortcuts taken on cars. Also, the new rice nowadays are stanced cars on low offset replica wheels. I'd rather see the reemergence of 90's big body kits than seeing stanced cars. Most of my friends have moved on to more expensive cars as we've gotten older. This is why I no longer go to car meets, unless they're car club specific. I do miss the old honda-tech meetups though. I still have an Integra sedan that I'm still working on.

These pics were taken in 2002-2003 ish. Built this car in 2001-2002.

Last edited by hondalawnmower; 11-14-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha good to see I'm not the only one feeling like wtf happened ? i go on instagram and all i see is kids with their " hella flush " bullshit .. Can't wait to finish my Eg and Go to a meet with my old school buddy's and Laugh at what we see Lol , it's Sad i never thought i would get over honda's but i sure see that day coming haha .. they need to see how it was done in the 90's and Follow that style.. the FFSquad Era...
Old 12-07-2014, 09:37 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

lol i'm apart of the garbage.

My integra looks so beat lol. mismatched panels, dents everywhere and makes some noise. always say i'm going to paint it, but man the more and more i drive it everyday to work, the less i care about it.

not only that, but my money goes towards other finer things in life. i try to maintain the motor and interior though.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I blame thieves and the Chinese who make cheap inferior parts. I want to get another Integra gsr but don't want to get it stolen again... I'm also a a ek hatch but :/

I'm content with my S2000.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:57 AM
No Jodas

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmjunkie562
I blame thieves and the Chinese who make cheap inferior parts. I want to get another Integra gsr but don't want to get it stolen again... I'm also a a ek hatch but :/

I'm content with my S2000.
The S2000 is getting cheaper by the age and aren't really all that rare, so you're going to see an influx of poorly modified ones sooner or later. It's already began here...

Replica parts, lack of innovation, theft, and poor education/research are to blame. No single group is at fault for how the 'scene' became.

I like that the shitty replica parts are popular... the stance fad is making my favorite wheels and parts less sought after therefore cheaper.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ShinsenTuner
The S2000 is getting cheaper by the age and aren't really all that rare, so you're going to see an influx of poorly modified ones sooner or later. It's already began here...

Replica parts, lack of innovation, theft, and poor education/research are to blame. No single group is at fault for how the 'scene' became.

I like that the shitty replica parts are popular... the stance fad is making my favorite wheels and parts less sought after therefore cheaper.
Only plus side I can think of that horrible fad: stance
Old 01-15-2015, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ShinsenTuner

Rarity isn't really a huge factor for me, it's the new generation who are inquring the ap1/ap2 chassis. Evidently s2k's are falling into the wrong hands with salvage S2000 popping up on CL. I also blame the industry and businesses who are catering to current fad more then the consumer itself. $$$$$ is the obvious for the downfall.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I remember buying my first Honda in 2002, 91 Prelude. I had a bigger passion then, can't say much about today's standards. First time I fell in love with a Honda was in the late 80's with my dad's CVCC I miss that car....
Old 01-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I remember buying my first Honda in 2002, 91 Prelude. I had a bigger passion then, can't say much about today's standards. First time I fell in love with a Honda was in the late 80's with my dad's CVCC I miss that car....

I remember wrenching on the 1992 civic when it first came out. Borla exhaust, HKS intake, etc.... ahhh good times
Old 01-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
I remember wrenching on the 1992 civic when it first came out. Borla exhaust, HKS intake, etc.... ahhh good times
What about stillen I remember wanting a mini truck. The 90's had some cool cars
Old 01-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What about stillen I remember wanting a mini truck. The 90's had some cool cars
90s definitely was the golden era for Honda. After that....

Quick Reply: The whole scene turned ghetto