Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Accord Road Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord Road Noise

My wife's car is a 2010 Accord EX-L. We recently purchased it from a local Honda dealer as a "Certified Used Car". I just love this car, but she complains of excessive road noise at times. The tire pressures are all set at 32 psi, and they are brand new Michelin Pilots installed by the dealer.
The car has been back to the dealer, and after much ado, they re-balanced the tires. This made it a lot better, but still noisier than she would like. I was wondering if anything can be done such as extra sound isolation material.
I'm out of the big bed and eating at McDonald's until this is solved, so help me out guys
Thanks
Paul
Old 04-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Accord Road Noise

Hate to tell ya but, Hondas are kinda known for a lot of road noise. Sound absorbing material is heavy and heavy= less MPG. Just one of the reasons Hondas have always had good MPG.

You could trade it in for an Acura or add sound deadening material. Adding material is a PITA, you have to take the entire interior out. Plus good material expensive and heavy. While the Acura has the same chassis w/bigger engine, a little better amenities and better sound deadening but, a little worse MPG.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Accord Road Noise

Originally Posted by lazlong
Hate to tell ya but, Hondas are kinda known for a lot of road noise. Sound absorbing material is heavy and heavy= less MPG. Just one of the reasons Hondas have always had good MPG.

You could trade it in for an Acura or add sound deadening material. Adding material is a PITA, you have to take the entire interior out. Plus good material expensive and heavy. While the Acura has the same chassis w/bigger engine, a little better amenities and better sound deadening but, a little worse MPG.
I agree. That's why I own a roll of Fat Mat and plan to buy some shoddy material soon. Not what you want to hear, but you'll either have to fix it yourself or buy something else. And be careful when you replace the tires, read reviews on TireRack.com to make sure you don't buy a set that get noisy.