Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Hardrace RTA-B or PCI Spherical.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hardrace RTA-B or PCI Spherical.

Worn out shocks is bad, mmmmkay.

If you've already got a replacement compliance bushing, I'd swap it in and try it out. The spherical will absolutely be "better" and I wouldn't/don't have a problem running some sphericals on the street. Your tolerance for them may be different... FL has relatively smooth roads and I don't do much street driving so...
Old 03-08-2014, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Full Race traction bar. Would this theoretically be the same as getting a spherical compliance setup?
Old 03-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel that a traction bar is a recipe for bind on a DC/EG chassis. You are taking the front LCA, which is already rear triangulated via the compliance bushing. And now you are, for reasons I can't comprehend, triangulating it forward as well. It is a band-aid fix to the actual problem, which is generally wheel hop and other issues caused by bushing deflection. The proper fix is to convert the offending rubber bushings to sphericals. By adding a "traction bar" you are inducing bind into the suspension as a half *** way to somewhat limit bushing deflection. I truly don't understand traction bars on a DC/EG.

On an EF a properly designed traction bar makes sense because you are eliminating the front radius rod setup and simply replacing it with the traction bar. But the LCA is still just front triangulated. You don't have this random extra triangulation like you do on a DC/EG. It is bad suspension design IMO on a DC/EG.