Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: ***The Official JRSC Thread

bump
Old 06-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would like to see the inside of that Intake manifold you got there.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay I have read about 100 pages of this thread but its just to massive...

Can you bolt the S/C and manifold up already assembled? I have them together now kinda of trying to mock it up seeing where the stuff on the fire wall needs moved and I think we could bolt it on the head with the 2 already together?
Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sloweredcivic

Can you bolt the S/C and manifold up already assembled? I have them together now kinda of trying to mock it up seeing where the stuff on the fire wall needs moved and I think we could bolt it on the head with the 2 already together?
SOHC or DOHC? Also what chassis?
Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Gold DA9
SOHC or DOHC? Also what chassis?
It's a B18c5 in EF, the S/C pulley seems to clear the brake booster also.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its gonna be a pain in the *** to get to the bolts on the bottom of the intake manifold.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay I was just wondering since I don't have a real Eaton gasket and was gonna have to use high temp silicone I just didn't want it to get everywhere...
Old 06-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OK....am I the only one that's confused. I like the craftsmanship of the intake with the dual outlets but what is that going to accomplish? I see a normal throttle body hooked up to the "S" pipe. So air comes through the throttle body as usual, then through the "S" pipe on to the supercharger where its blown into the JR intake manifold...... now are you expecting the air to come out one outlet into an air-air cooler and then back into the other one on its way into the intake runners and engine? I can't see any other way you expect this to work. However, I'm thinking if this is your thought it will not work as the air is going to enter the intake and engine and not want to travel to an air-air cooler.

Is this the way you envision this or am I missing something?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was wondering the same thing...
Old 06-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 275 Likes on 263 Posts

I thaught it was gonna be a twin charged motor and was missing the turbo part.. but i see no use for those ports unless is plumbed to the t.b then to the turbo but im not sure if hes doing a twin charged setup.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's likely an internal 'wall' or baffle that "makes" the output from the blower take the route out to the intercooler, and then it comes back in the other opening and into the ports on the manifold/head.

I've seen this sort of setup before, and that's what was done. And the one I saw used an air/water intercooler, mounted where the battery goes in an EG to keep the plumbing short. Otherwise, the plumbing would be miles too long.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^

Yeah, I thought that as well... however I don't see any welds on the top of the manifold indicating he welded some baffles in. Nor do I see any welds showing he split the intake in half like LHT does. If he was able to completely weld / seal in some baffles without openning this thing up then mad props to him!!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sloweredcivic

I just did my JSCR on my b18c1 in an 89 HF and it was much much easier to bolt the manifold and the blower to the head then put the head on as a complete package. It really helps to have an exrta hand so u can easily move the head around for mocking purposes.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by i-VTEC_do_you
This is my setup looking forward to trying it out by the end of next month.

-B20b
-ITR head

wait....isnt this the same setup Gold DA9 posted in the previous page that sounded like crap on the you tube video??
Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone running a stock ITR muffler? I'm thinking about stepping down from a Mugen Twinloop (no i'm not selling it). I want a stock look.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Langford360
I just did my JSCR on my b18c1 in an 89 HF and it was much much easier to bolt the manifold and the blower to the head then put the head on as a complete package. It really helps to have an exrta hand so u can easily move the head around for mocking purposes.
That would work but I am not pulling my head off.... Thanks though!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am still looking for a B series alternator bracket.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Trial User

Hi all,

This is an amazing thread - thanks for all the helpful info.

I have two 88 CRXs. One I'm building as a fun daily driver, the other as a more serious weekend racer. I picked up a JRSC kit (the ITR one) for the daily driver the other day. I'm a fan of road & rally racing (esp. tarmac rally) so I thought the supercharger would suit me well. Since then I've been doing a lot of research to figure out what else I need to do to the car.

I think I could run it with what I have listed below. The only parts in the list I don't already have are the Chipped ECU, the Hondata IM gasket and the NGK plugs. From what I've read, running 6 psi with this set-up should be OK but I worry about how the stock pistons and rods would hold up to 8-9 psi.

I do have a spare set of forged rods but no pistons to go with them. I figure upgrading the pistons would cost about $800 in parts ($500 for CP pistons, rings & pins; $85 for rod bolts; $65 for bearings; $100 for a head gasket; $30 for the oil gasket). Of course then it becomes tempting to just spend another $900 for the LHT intercooler so I can run 12 psi.

The thing is - that's $1700 I could be putting into the other CRX. Not to mention that it would take longer to finish the daily driver. So I guess my questions are:

Do you see anything wrong with or missing from my build?
Do you think I can run 8 or 9 psi safely on this build without getting forged pistons?

Thanks in advance for your help.

- SC

White 88 CRX HF Daily Driver

ITR Head
GSR Intake Cam (with the ITR exhaust cam)
Adjustable Camwheels

B16A block (10.2:1 CR stock pistons & rods)

Walboro 255lph fuel pump
Adj. Fuel Pressure Regulator
450cc DSM Injectors

Short Ram Air Intake
JGE Throttle Body (65mm)
JRSC Kit with Ported Intake
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket

Kamikaze Exhaust Manifold
Test Pipe
2.5" Mandrel Bent Stainless Exhaust

Remote Oil Filter & Oil Cooler Kit

MSD SCI Iginition (8.5k rev limit)
MSD Coil, Cap, Rotor & Plug Wires
NGK bcpr7es-11 plugs

10.5 lb flywheel
JDM S80 LSD Transmission
Innovative Cable-Hydro Tranny Converter
Short Shift Kit

OBD0-OBD1 Conversion Harness
Chipped ECU with Crome/Uberdata
Old 06-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was refered here by a friend for the welding and fab board, but I stumbled upon this and couldnt believe the amount of activity here compared to some of the suzuki boards i frequent. Great stuff.

anywhoo..here is my work in progress..it isnt a honda or a jrsc setup but shares some similarities none the less..

1.3 suzuki swift with a g13ba 8 valve engine( think samurai 1.3 ) with my own intake an a m90 from a GTP. 75mm vitaras (7.5:1 static-- roughly), gti rods, MLS headgasket, ARP type head hardware,Thouroghly ported head, and mike cove 226* at .050"-.395 lift camshaft. Solid folowers. I am draw through carbed with a boost referanced Holley 350cfm 2bbl. Non intercooled. the intake is a runnerless open plenum with bellmouthed port entry. I am limiting boost to 13 lbs via the bypass valve adj. screw..I am closing to basically half closed with no ill effects. 13 lbs, 15* locked dizzy. Im shooting for 150-180hp..probably on e85. Its boost responce is instant and will most dfinately produce well over 25lbs with the bypass completely closed..check 'er out, and thanks for the great resource!
Attached Images        

Last edited by rtsblwn; 06-24-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cool project.

My one comment is that the m90 is too big for your application. A m45 would likely be perfect, but the m62 would be easy to get. re gtp I think the m90 will result in 10+ less hp due to the extra blower loss from the big blower.

Cool project. Let us know how it goes.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Been there with a m62, done that. The m90 puts me in a pretty good spot on its map based on the math ive done.. a little to the left on the island, but still plenty efficiant at realistic revs. I dont have to drive the crap out of the blower to get the #'s. I know there is more parasitic loss, but its what i got to work with..testing thus far is very promising..it is very quick especially on top. still have some tuning to work out but i am currently battleing wound MRSA..shitty deal working in health care. thanks!
Attached Images       
Old 06-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rtsblwn
I was refered here by a friend for the welding and fab board, but I stumbled upon this and couldnt believe the amount of activity here compared to some of the suzuki boards i frequent. Great stuff.

anywhoo..here is my work in progress..it isnt a honda or a jrsc setup but shares some similarities none the less..

1.3 suzuki swift with a g13ba 8 valve engine( think samurai 1.3 ) with my own intake an a m90 from a GTP. 75mm vitaras, gti rods, MLS headgasket, ARP type head hardware,Thouroghly ported head, and mike cove 226* at .050"-.395 lift camshaft. Solid folowers. I am draw through carbed with a boost referanced Holley 350cfm 2bbl. Non intercooled. the intake is a runnerless open plenum with bellmouthed port entry. I am limiting boost to 13 lbs via the bypass valve adj. screw..I am closing to basically half closed with no ill effects. 13 lbs, 15* locked dizzy. Im shooting for 150-180hp..probably on e85. Its boost responce is instant and will most dfinately produce well over 25lbs with the bypass completely closed..check 'er out, and thanks for the great resource!
Yeah the m90 looks a bit too big for what you are trying to do the m62 will be more than enough and if you ever plan on putting more power into it later you will have the room you need to do so. but hey nothing wrong with running a huge charger!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rtsblwn
Been there with a m62, done that. The m90 puts me in a pretty good spot on its map based on the math ive done.. a little to the left on the island, but still plenty efficiant at realistic revs. I dont have to drive the crap out of the blower to get the #'s. I know there is more parasitic loss, but its what i got to work with..testing thus far is very promising..it is very quick especially on top. still have some tuning to work out but i am currently battleing wound MRSA..shitty deal working in health care. thanks!
What happened to the m62? From that picture I'd get a bigger air filter...

MRSA is a crappy deal; good luck.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can I put crower stage 2 cams with super tech springs and retainers on my b16 jrsc setup on 7 psi...?
Old 06-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Veris
What happened to the m62? From that picture I'd get a bigger air filter...

MRSA is a crappy deal; good luck.
That was another build..diffrent motor, different vehichle..it ran great. It was on lpg, throttle reponse, and lowspeed opperation was crutial in a 4x4.

My m90 motor is currently in a 97 swift. It is currently running and awaiting installation of my innovate lc1 and some tuning..

Quick Reply: ***The Official JRSC Thread***