Notices

Bisimoto's 1st full Turbo build: Quest for 700whp D16Z WagoVan

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 07:40 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Bisimoto's 1st full Turbo build: Quest for 700whp D16Z WagoVan

Originally Posted by Mista Bone
Dick's DynoWET Torque Curve with timeslip?
indeed,
Old 11-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is a very nice build.. i cant wait to see the dyno graph... i like to look at a lot of dyno sheets with afr readings. and post ur high boost ignition table too
Old 11-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what is the AN size of your radiator hose. that would make my engine bay much cleaner looking.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Keep it up BISI! Pleasure meeting u @ SEMA. subscribed.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by System Lord
are we going to see dyno numbers soon here on H-T or do we have to wait and see this info in the mag?
I say we won't see a damn thing before the magazine is published.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo1.6
x2

I, unlike some others here, like your use of pruduct placement and advertising. I would think that it's a pretty easy way to pay some bills. I wish I could get paid for placing products in my build post as well. 2U. The guys that are hating on you seem like a couple jealous school kids. They seem pissed that they aren't making any money from sponsors/endorsements.

Nice build Bisi.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostAccord
x2

They seem pissed that they aren't making any money from sponsors/endorsements.

Nice build Bisi.
Thats what i have been thinking too to bisi
Old 11-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Turbo1.6
Thats what Im thinking, maybe Bisi can be a nice guy and let us in since we are the Honda community?
Old 11-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats what Im thinking, maybe Bisi can be a nice guy and let us in since we are a part of the Honda community?
fixed.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, good call I was thinking that myself.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by welfarepc
fixed.
yes we're all apart of the honda community, but his word to SS of just posting that kind of info is his WORD. Gotta repect that....just chill guys
Old 11-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when does the mag issue come out?
Old 11-28-2009, 01:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Bisi,

I have searched high and low for that navy blue "I love Twin Cams" shirt you rocked when your build was first featured in super street. Where can i get one? its not on your website...

PS. This d series build is sooo David and Goliath, best of luck
Old 11-28-2009, 05:46 AM

this is an incredibly build! keep it up bisi

ash
Old 11-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to give the OP huge props.

He's staring down all the obstacles in the face and plowing through. I love this thread. I love Bisi's knowledge and his wonderful vocabulary. I can sit down to this with my girlfriend (which I did) and read through it because it's worded to be educational, technical and promotional. All of which are admirable qualities and well balanced.

I've read countless Bisi threads and they have all helped me increase my knowledge.

Keep it up man, this is a great project and another testament to what these engines are capable of.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Just Drank A 5th of VODKA Dare me to drive, Ca, u.s.

i've randomly clicked on about 6 pages of this thread, I've been a member for a long time, and I really don't have time to sit and read the entire thread. I'm not going to take any time to acknowledge the ignorance, anger, and desperation expressed by so many members in this thread, HOWEVER I WILL SUPPORT the entire build and Bisi along with what he has done for the industry. GREAT FAWKING JOB BISI! I've personally been to the facility and it is a truly professional operation. I think many are mad because you (Bisimoto) are doing things that many WISH they could be doing and because of this they feel the need to downplay, find fault or reasons to take away your "light". I guess if nobody took the time to hate on you things like this wagon build would have never happened... can anybody even name another person that has done the same amount of innovative things as Bisi?! Doubt it... Blah, back to the Chargers game.... LOL!

PS: I have my flame suit on, hell I probably will be too busy to come back and read it, so your anger and backlash will probably never be responded to HAHA!
Old 11-29-2009, 05:31 PM
something different

bisi might be plugging his products, and sponsors products in the build.

whats wrong with that?

its nice to see somebody show they believe in the products they sell, and tell everyone why.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Where Is Bisi we need updates
Old 11-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by redzcstandardhatch
its nice to see somebody show they believe in the products they sell, and tell everyone why.
But he doesn't really tell us why. He tells us he likes them and they've done him good, but that is not a real nor nearly enough reason for me to go and purchase the same product. We want real reviews and comparisons up against other similar products.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by ashb82
what is the AN size of your radiator hose. that would make my engine bay much cleaner looking.
-16 an, ash.

Originally Posted by Tex Blackwell
Keep it up BISI! Pleasure meeting u @ SEMA. subscribed.
Tex! It was a pleasure seeing you as well. This is the build that I told you about, and it is going smashingly well.

Originally Posted by GhostAccord
x2

I, unlike some others here, like your use of pruduct placement and advertising. I would think that it's a pretty easy way to pay some bills. I wish I could get paid for placing products in my build post as well. 2U. The guys that are hating on you seem like a couple jealous school kids. They seem pissed that they aren't making any money from sponsors/endorsements.

Nice build Bisi.
The truth is that I did purchase quite a bit of these components, contrary to popular belief! I do state why I find the products appealing, but some unrealistic individuals want my to purchase every product in a category, test them against each other, and then choose the product for my build. I guess I am a millionaire!

It does not take much effort to look at a product's features to determine what is ideal. We do it everyday in our lives: at the supermarket, online, at the mall, etc. A perfect example is the fail-safe mechanism on the AEM Water/methanol kit. This component is a huge advantege over other kits on the market. Turbonetics custom capabilities and no-frills warranty? Heavenly!

Thats what Im thinking, maybe Bisi can be a nice guy and let us in since we are the Honda community?
I will share as much as I can, while keeping my dedication to the magazine, Super Street.

Originally Posted by sheepey
yes we're all apart of the honda community, but his word to SS of just posting that kind of info is his WORD. Gotta repect that....just chill guys
Thanks, Sheepey, as you understand this intimately with you magazine relationships.

Originally Posted by Richard...
Agreed i don't know why people just cant sit back and be grateful for a racing celeb doing a build all the negativity is simply going to fuel other teams in the future from perhaps following suit to be honest it is a wonder he even wishes to keep this thread up-to date...

Patience is a virtue!
You are very wise, Richard, and it is my desire to continue to do this, unless forced to perform otherwise.

Originally Posted by CoreyR
when does the mag issue come out?
We have articles in the October, December 2009, January 2010 (came out last week), and will continue to the February and March issues.

Originally Posted by oresama
Hey Bisi,

I have searched high and low for that navy blue "I love Twin Cams" shirt you rocked when your build was first featured in super street. Where can i get one? its not on your website...

PS. This d series build is sooo David and Goliath, best of luck
The "I <3 twin cams" tee is our best seller, and we continue to sell out within hours of placing it on the site. We have a consignment coming in next week. I will have one of my reps contact you in order to get one in your hands.

Originally Posted by paton5g
You have to give the OP huge props.

He's staring down all the obstacles in the face and plowing through. I love this thread. I love Bisi's knowledge and his wonderful vocabulary. I can sit down to this with my girlfriend (which I did) and read through it because it's worded to be educational, technical and promotional. All of which are admirable qualities and well balanced.

I've read countless Bisi threads and they have all helped me increase my knowledge.

Keep it up man, this is a great project and another testament to what these engines are capable of.
Thanks, Paton. It is sad that I share so many good examples of my experiences, and a few with very limited experiences try to pick it apart. The dyno "theories" from the last page come to mind. I have owned dynapack models 2000, 3000 and 4000. With the updated calibratin software, and READING the manual hence using the units properly, the machines gave exactly the same output at my facility.

There are early model units in the field that read high (to the tune of 30 or so whp on average), as I shared an experience with older calibration software; but the new cals are quite conservative. My dynapack reads quite low, and is known in the LA area as the "heartbreaker". These dynapack dynos are not cheap ($40,000-70,000), but for what I do at my facility, I need something that is repeatable, quiet and does not introduce tons of variables due to tire adhesion, strap torque, wheel alignment and tire slip.

It is amazing that as advanced as we claim to be in the Honda world, that we still rely on dynojets as the "standard": with descrepancies of results based on tires size, gearing, etc. I have even seen some "reputable" tuners on HT use dynodynamics to "fudge" numbers to their clients..but that is another story for another thread.

Who are some of Dynapacks silly clients? Honda, TRD (toyota), countless NASCAR teams, Porsche and BMW. I love being in good company.

Originally Posted by LoSt is BlaCk
i've randomly clicked on about 6 pages of this thread, I've been a member for a long time, and I really don't have time to sit and read the entire thread. I'm not going to take any time to acknowledge the ignorance, anger, and desperation expressed by so many members in this thread, HOWEVER I WILL SUPPORT the entire build and Bisi along with what he has done for the industry. GREAT FAWKING JOB BISI! I've personally been to the facility and it is a truly professional operation. I think many are mad because you (Bisimoto) are doing things that many WISH they could be doing and because of this they feel the need to downplay, find fault or reasons to take away your "light". I guess if nobody took the time to hate on you things like this wagon build would have never happened... can anybody even name another person that has done the same amount of innovative things as Bisi?! Doubt it... Blah, back to the Chargers game.... LOL!

PS: I have my flame suit on, hell I probably will be too busy to come back and read it, so your anger and backlash will probably never be responded to HAHA!
Thanks for you kind words. Flame suits are quite comfy. lol

Originally Posted by redzcstandardhatch
bisi might be plugging his products, and sponsors products in the build.

whats wrong with that?

I like to partner with great companies, but once again, I did purchase quite a bit of parts for this build, based on my experience and the features of the products.

Where Is Bisi we need updates
System,
I took a breather from work this past holiday weekend, but I am now back in the saddle. Some updates:

A shot of the sandwich plate and the AEM electric oil pressure gauge. The sandwich plate is also a source for clean oil supply to the Bisimoto/Turbonetics turbo. The basemap that I built for the AEM EMS Series 2 will allow me to log, and view oil pressure readings.

In the name of weight savings, I employed the use of 3.5" 6061 aluminum piping, purchased from Burns Stainless.

Aluminum exhaust systems have amazing burst strength. This is a good shot of the third "anti-lag safe" oxygen sensor:

Another shot, with pep-boys axles...for now:

The EF/EE chassis have a strange configuration for the exhaust system pathway. I wanted something straight forward, and chose what you see below. This allows a conducive path for the expelled gases, and the rear control arms do not contact the 3.5 inch tube with full suspension travel. My muffler of choice, the Burns Stainless 2-stage stainless steel muffler:

The Burns' new 2-Stage (2S) mufflers provide additional sound attenuation, and is remarkably light weight and extremely durable. I saw this unit when I visited the Burns facility, and loved the unit at first sight. I even loved it more when I saw some C5 corvette data. This muffler gives an additional 5-7 decibel reduction in noise, without power loss. The units have very interesting vanes and mesh membranes. It does look quite deliciously strange from the rear:

I need to try and get some idling vids up. Time to break this puppy in.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for sharing, looks like it's coming along VERY well.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bisimoto
This muffler gives an additional 5-7 decibel reduction in noise, without power loss.
Reduction from what level? How do you think it compares to something like a twin loop(even though it's quite an unfair comparison). I've been looking for a quiet, non restrictive exhaust.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:15 AM

In comparision to a Burn's stainless straight through exhaust of exact dimensions. Feel free to purchase one, and compare to a twin loop system, as I am not interested in performing that test.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:35 AM
FSAE

Be careful mounting the electronic sensors directly to the sandwich plate. I've had 1 DEFI and 1 Autometer electric oil pressure sensor fail on me from mounting it like that. After reading of other people experiencing the same failure, I found the solution to be mounting the sensor off the engine, isolating it from vibrations.

I am now running a 1/8 NPT SS line from the back of the block to the sensor mounted to the firewall.

Originally Posted by Bisimoto
A shot of the sandwich plate and the AEM electric oil pressure gauge. The sandwich plate is also a source for clean oil supply to the Bisimoto/Turbonetics turbo. The basemap that I built for the AEM EMS Series 2 will allow me to log, and view oil pressure readings.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by d112crzy
Reduction from what level? How do you think it compares to something like a twin loop(even though it's quite an unfair comparison). I've been looking for a quiet, non restrictive exhaust.
Does anyone sell a 3.5" twin loop? I couldn't even find a 3".

There are probably not a whole lot of decently quiet 3.5" mufflers around.

Quick Reply: Bisimoto's 1st full Turbo build: Quest for 700whp D16Z WagoVan