Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

*Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2023, 04:22 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 183 Likes on 161 Posts
Default Re: *Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*

Did you put in a new spring too? Or just the strut? That seems really high for a 1” spacer.
The following users liked this post:
Old 02-19-2023, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoops, yea, new complete strut/spring kyb strut+ combo.

I used kyb’s warranty to get all 4 corners new. The ones before were the same kyb’s and the rears sagged and sat at like 30” while the fronts were at 31”.

still waiting to get my FLCAs back from the shop because I had new bushings pressed in. So I won’t know how it’ll sit until I get those installed.

The top mounts of my old front sets were torn to ****. So on the new fronts, I ordered new OEM top mounts and installed them on the new struts cause I knew the KYB ones suck.

Nothing was wrong with my old sets except the torn front top mounts. Maybe I should just replace the top hats on the old fronts, throw the spacers on the old rears and call it a day?
Old 02-19-2023, 05:16 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 183 Likes on 161 Posts

New springs are going to need to settle as well.

Once the springs have settled it’ll probably sit a bit better.

Even new springs can make your CRV look like it’s “lifted” compared to all of the sagging stock suspension (mine included lol)
Old 02-20-2023, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got everything back on and its sitting perfect. The rear isnt high anymore like that first photo I posted. Pretty much did a front suspension overhaul. 1" aerogenics spacers in the rear to level out with the front. Car feels ******* happy with the results.

- New OEM FLCA bushings due to cracking/splitting
- 555 Ball joints
- KYB strut+ all around. I replaced the front top mounts + bearing with OEM.

^kyb strut mounts suck. no more clunking noise after replacement.

Old 02-20-2023, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice. Its incredible how much the suspension will settle out after being installed. My CRV looked like I lifted it so much farther once I finished. A short drive down the road settled it out good. Makes doing an alignment at home difficult, when you have to lift the car to align it, which throws it out of alignment until it settles again.
Old 02-25-2023, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im looking to get a new set of rims for my 99 CRV. In short, I am looking for rims that are 15x7 with Offset of between 0 and -10mm. I was looking for recommendations on what to get. I want a Black rim, and I prefer something with a more solid look. I currently have Steel D Window rims, but they might be fake, and all 4 are bent now. I decently like how they look, but I dont need exactly that style.
Old 03-01-2023, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also, the studs on the kyb struts didn’t sit below the 1” spacer so I had to cut off like an 1/8”
Old 03-01-2023, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DREWdabuilder
Also, the studs on the kyb struts didn’t sit below the 1” spacer so I had to cut off like an 1/8”
As far as I know that is normal. I had to do the same with my aftermarket OEM style struts, and they appeared to be the same length as the ones I took off as well.
Old 03-19-2023, 11:11 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by RedsCr-v

06 ex
6 inch lift
33x10.5 tires
Winch and other jazz
I traded for it. Was done really nice and its fun to drive.
I desperately need to find a way to gear it!
was wondering where the fender flares are from I need a pair for mine that fit.
The following users liked this post:
Old 04-20-2023, 03:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Dang.. Just noticed I haven´t been here since the pandemic started!
Still running the V, a little bit taller now though, 2" in the rear and 1.6" in the front.
New wheels and a different light setup.

Old 04-24-2023, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

has any experienced front axle biding at 60+mph on stock suspension and 30" tires
Old 06-23-2023, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C. Zahn
just got a 2005 silver crv, put a roof rack on and thats it. I'm about to put a k&n cold air intake in. what else should i do to it and start with
Greetings from the future! «K&N cold air intake», I'd love to hear more about this...!
Old 07-28-2023, 02:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry guys for my longs post! I am kind of new to the forum, and reading through the years of discussion took me actually quite some time 😅 Hope there are some CR-V people still out there...

Originally Posted by gnxpro24
I would also upgrade your sway bar(s) to compensate the lifted up center of gravity.
That's very peculiar. Any suggestions for a sway bar upgrade for 2nd gen CR-V?

Originally Posted by Hites
Would you rather have a steel weldment that's fastened to the top hat & then fastened to the shock tower, or would you rather have a machined aluminum spacer with through holes that would require pressing out the current top hat studs?
This is what I'd like to know as well. I mean, what's the difference between HRG Engineering -style steel weldment in comparison to some CNC/machined aluminium spacers?

Originally Posted by Dansanders55
My muffler fell off the other day so I thought I might as well do an up grade.
What sorts of power upgrades can you have by replacing the muffler? Any muffler suggestions?

Originally Posted by KINgJ8
Doing all that will tighten it up considerably, just finally finished doing the front end on my 03 CRV with all KYB shocks, Dobinsons 40mm lift springs and MOOG components.
I just did 40mm Dobinson Springs and have run 215 75 15 General Grabbers for years now, it is a great all around setup IMO!
I installed Dobinsons 40 mm lift spings, but the height barely changed 😳 Any ideas for that...? I still had to install 20 mm lift spacers at the front, and 30 mm at the rear to reach a total lift of 2 inches.

Originally Posted by Caoboy
Bad vibration is likely due to aftermarket axles.
What do you make of Insane Shaft's axles (https://insaneshafts.com/product-cat...02-2006-crv/)? Are they any good, or should I just stick to the OEM ones? At least they're from the very pricey end... 😅

Originally Posted by ClabbeB
Does anyone know where you could get hold of the spare wheel cover 08U02-S9A-100A?
I bought mine from Etsy, custom made: https://www.etsy.com/fi-en/listing/1...ade-sparecover

Originally Posted by ClabbeB
I would recommend a mixture of lift springs + spacers.
Dobinson lift 40mm (1.57") and the put on some 20-30mm (0,79-1,2") spacers
​​​​​​
LoL, that's what I did, and all I got was 2 inches worth of lift. Dunno why though ... after installing the Dobinsons 40 mmm lift springs, I didn't get any lift at all. Therefore, I had to install +20 mm lift spacers to the front, and +30 mm to the rear, respectively.

Originally Posted by dubblejab
Oh my god this is hard. I had to return the front OEM springs because the online retailer got it wrong; OEM doesn't sell front springs for the 2nd Gen Honda CRV. So I got 1.5" spacers from HRG instead. Almost finished with the front lift, but re-assembly took forever and it's looking like I may have to remove the sway bar. From reading about 2nd gen front lifts, this sounds typical?
Dobinsons does sell front lift springs for the 2nd gen. I've got 40 mm but unfortunately, they lifted barely nothing. I guess each car is an individual, but for what might that be...? Had to insert another 20 mm raiser blocks at front to achieve my goal of 50 mm raise. Seems like the raise starts to kick in only after a certain treshold...

Originally Posted by gmcuajo1
Next plan is t25 low boost turbo kit and some kind of rear diff locker for light off road.
Wow, I'd love to hear more about those!!!

Originally Posted by Tyler Federle
The lift is a 2" HRG suspension lift and and then combination of the 2" lift and new tires made it more like a 5" lift, So I have some axle vibration. I also bought the HRG engine and trans drop spacers that didn't take care of it, so I have an order in for the HRG 1" subframe kit, and that should take care of it.
Tell me more about the transmission drop spacers: do I need them besides the subframe dropkit? Or moreover, do I need ANY sort of drop kit in the first place? You see, there's some conflicting information between HRG Engineering and Aerogenics out there. According the former, for lifts less than 2" it is not necessary; according to the latter, however, a drop kit is included in their 1.5" / 2.0" complete lift package (https://aerogenicsusa.com/collection...e-lift-package).

Originally Posted by D.A.V.E.
What all alignment and vibration fixes are needed for 1.5"?
- Subframe - No (only for +2" lifts)
Then, why does Aerogenics include a subframe drop kit in their 1.5" / 2.0" complete lift package (https://aerogenicsusa.com/collection...lift-package)? HRG Engineering tells a different story, saying such would not be necessary with those lifts, though...

Originally Posted by Smackin
I'm using stock rims on my '02 (15 inch wheels) and I had to use wheel spacers in the rear to keep my wheels from hitting the shock tower/body. And I don't even have a two inch lift - a bigger lift means tires will be "pulled in" to the vehicle more.
Is this true? I thought it'd give clearance for bigger, more beefy tires...

Originally Posted by ttower
I have a 1999 Honda CR-V 5-Spd Manual. I have 15x8 Rims with -3.75 inch backspacing, running 30x9.5 AT Tires, I have "2inch" HRG lift spacers front and rear. The rear spacer is 2inch, the front is 1inch. Not sure how that measures in actual lift height, the car was already modified (poorly) when I got it, so I dont have a comparison to true stock.

[...]

The other consideration was getting a subframe drop kit from HRG. They have a short drop kit, which I would hope is enough, since the full drop kit sounds like it is only needed if you lift higher than 2 inches.
Short drop kit, that sounds interesting. They've still got that...?
Old 09-02-2023, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

225/70/16 Toyo Open Country ATs
Stock suspension
25mm spacers

Old 09-15-2023, 04:33 PM
Trial User

what wheels/rims are those? I need to buy them they are soooo coooool!!
Old 09-15-2023, 04:38 PM
Trial User

what are those rims called I need to buy them
Old 09-16-2023, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

They look like the stock Honda rims that came on my 2004 Element. Mine are 16 inch. I have them in storage as I put American Racing Torque Thrust 2 on them.
Old 09-23-2023, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CaseyMAN
what wheels/rims are those? I need to buy them they are soooo coooool!!
Sarcasm? LOL

They're the OEM 05-06 CRV EX/SE wheels.
Old 11-15-2023, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi all. Just got an 06 CRV SE and one of my struts is going out, so I figured I'd just swap them all out. Never really had any interest in doing nice upgrades on my car until now so I'm a little lost.

Originally I was planning on doing a 1" or 1.5" lift with spacers, but now I'm leaning more towards a spring lift. Below are the struts and springs I plan on going with, but I understand I will also need strut mounts. Was probably going to go with OEM since I hear the KYB ones suck. Will I need anything else for the strut assembly? I don't wanna have to reuse anything from the old struts. I'm also planning on replacing some smaller stuff like the ball joints and tie rod ends while I have everything taken apart.

Struts: https://www.shocksurplus.com/product...006-honda-cr-v

Springs: https://exitoffroad.com/product/dobi...40mm-1-5-lift/

https://exitoffroad.com/product/dobi...40mm-1-5-lift/

Mounts: https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuin...=pd:4223541,11

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuin...=pd:4223541,10
Old 11-16-2023, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by spilly_billy
Hi all. Just got an 06 CRV SE and one of my struts is going out, so I figured I'd just swap them all out. Never really had any interest in doing nice upgrades on my car until now so I'm a little lost.

Originally I was planning on doing a 1" or 1.5" lift with spacers, but now I'm leaning more towards a spring lift. Below are the struts and springs I plan on going with, but I understand I will also need strut mounts. Was probably going to go with OEM since I hear the KYB ones suck. Will I need anything else for the strut assembly? I don't wanna have to reuse anything from the old struts.
Struts, springs and mounts look good. Definitely stay away from the KYB mounts lol. I went through 2 sets before switching brands and I’m all good now.

Make sure you’ve got a manual or something when putting together the strut assemblies because they are supposed to be clocked at a certain angle. You’ll understand when you see it.

It looks like you’ll need a few rubber pieces though. Like the dust boots, and cushions for the springs. If you go to your Honda mount link and scroll down, look at the diagram and you’ll need #s 2, 7, 8, 9.
Old 11-16-2023, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Smackin
Struts, springs and mounts look good. Definitely stay away from the KYB mounts lol. I went through 2 sets before switching brands and I’m all good now.

Make sure you’ve got a manual or something when putting together the strut assemblies because they are supposed to be clocked at a certain angle. You’ll understand when you see it.

It looks like you’ll need a few rubber pieces though. Like the dust boots, and cushions for the springs. If you go to your Honda mount link and scroll down, look at the diagram and you’ll need #s 2, 7, 8, 9.
sweet! thanks!
what brand mounts did you switch to?