Notices
Transmission & Drivetrain Gearboxes, Differentials, Clutches

hydraulic help (central illinois)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hydraulic help (central illinois)

Ok everyone, my name is aaron kruger, and I am in desperate need of help with my set up. My car is a 90 civic sedan. I just snapped my last pedal assembly and finally pulled my cable Trans in favor of an itr trans that I've had in the garage for almost 3 years now. Going full hydro. New clutch disc, pressure plate, flywheel, master, slave, lines, and fill cup. This is my first hydro clutch setup as I've always had cable trans.
I'm at a total loss as what to do at this point. I've tried to bleed the system with no success. I've tried everything but filling through the slave. I tried 3 masters. The first one would not let fluid pass no matter what I did. Took it back got a new one. That one would not build pressure at all. I could gravity bleed it and fill the slave. Then try to bleed and it wouldn't pull fluid down out of the cup. So I got a 3rd one. This one seems to build pressure and push fluid and air when doing the bleeding process to the point of a solid fluid stream comes out. But the slave will not even try to move the clutch release arm. I also tried 2 slaves just to eliminate any possibly that it was bad. Same results with both slave cylinders. No pressure, no movement at the slave.
What I'm really looking for is someone close to me that is willing to come look over what I've got and help me get my car back on the road. Any help will be greatly appreciated. If you are in central illinois close to lincoln, illinois and would be willing to come help me out just pm me and we can set something up. Thanks in advance!