Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

timing problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:41 AM
TRIAL USER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 timing problems

my d15b2 has poped the timimg belt . i reset timing and replaced with new belt. my old lady was parking thought she was in neutral let off the clutch fast with her foot on the brake. time jumped. Try to reset, cant find it. Thought it might be distributer cause its old. put new dizzy. still diddnt crank. adjusted the timing gears a lil more , fired right up. was coming home from work has lil power . All of sudden it backfires out the intake. it put it in neutral ,its barely runnin back fireing out the intake and exhaust. i pull over and check my timing belt no slack. i try to crank her again,it turn over a few times ,back fires again and cranks.Runs like crap for a min then dies. i push it to the house. pull my alt.pully off make shur every thing is lined up, and it is. But she wont crank for me , she got spark. just dont under stand.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: timing problems

You snapped the timing belt, then it jumped timing on 2 ocassions? Did you check to see if you bent valves?

Its obvious your doing something wrong if it keeps jumping timing, could you maybe explain your method?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:48 AM
TRIAL USER

Icon3 Re: timing problems

yeah it snapped once, and has jumped time twice since i replaced the belt. The first time it jumped since the replacement, it only jumped a couple of teeth.when we readjusted the timing it wouldnt start. had fire but wouldnt crank.unbolted the dizzy but didnt remove so it could be advanced or retard more. if u turned the dizzy advanced way past when it would be able to bolt up it would fire right up, when advanced or retard while running made no diff. So i spent 260 doll hairs on a new. With tha dizzy installed it still made no diff. I had to adjust the the cam gear two teeth clock wise for her to crank. she ran o.k. for about a month. Then yesterday she felt real slugish if u were tryin to git in it. shes been feelin sluggish due to she needs to be overhauled, but this was worse than ever.she backfired out the intake while i was driving just had swithed to forth. and just loss power it was still running but when i hit the trottle ther was lil to no responce, when i check my timing everything looks good. ive adjusted a couple more teeth clock wise and now she dont backfire no more, but still wont crank. p.s. its supposed to be a clearance engine.