Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

probs with my h22

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default probs with my h22

well ever since i had the swap, the rpm would jump right when i shifted i didnt really worry about it but i knew something was wrong. It still ran ok and idled fine. Also when i put on my timing belt the cam gears didnt seem to want to line up at TDC it looked like it was off by half a tooth. when i moved the the camgears to TDC the crank would move a bit. So i left the camgears slightly off hoping that once i tensioned it the belt, it would let the gears shift over. Anyways it ran smooth and didnt really have a problem with it, drove it for about a month the only thing that seemed wierd was that jump in rpm when i shifted or when i let out the clutch to shift auctually. Also the motor seemed to be lacking a bit of power. but still hit vtec and pulled prettty hard. On friday my friend tried to line up the camgears by adjusting the the intake all the way over to its limit cuz he said my camgears where off a tooth. It seem to runn better in vtec but low end got worse.Well on saturday i took it to strip and i mishifted from 3 to 2 and the motor reved pretty high. When i got to the pits my car wanted to die and the my alternator belt had fliped over. I just got finshed adjusting the exhaust valves (only had a gauge that was .08mm, the exhaust was sapposed to be .06-.08 and intake was .05-.07) The gauge didnt fit on the intake side so i left it alone.) The car starts when cold but the idle jumps from .5 to 1.5k when it gets warm and takes a while to make it start again and dies at idle . The mid range is fine but it seems to bog out. I havent reved it up since the last run. I was able to drive it all the way home about 70 miles, left it at 3k rpm all the way. Any ideas what it could be? TIA

Old 08-12-2002, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: probs with my h22 (heiyu)

hmm, well the problem definitely doesn't sound like a cam gear problem at all. you are either having fuel problems or intake problems.

I would set your cam gears back to stock, and advance the cam about 2° and leave exhaust how it is.

Sounds like you might have a vacuum problem or something with the intake.

Replace the IM gasket and see what happens from there. that's definantely not normal.