Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Car stalling and wont restart until it cools down....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car stalling and wont restart until it cools down....

Ok so I recently had a b16b that I bought from the ******** below put in my car. I also had a wire tuck done when the motor was installed. Here is my problem. My car occasionally out of no where likes to die on me when Im driving. It seems to happen right as Im about to come to a stop or once I come to a complete stop. Its not my dd so it doesnt happen every day but has happened 2x out of the 4 that I have driven it in the past 2 weeks. Once the car dies it will not restart until after I let it sit for a while. It will crank fast just like its not getting spark and or fuel. The fuel pump does prime and I know its NOT the main relay.

Today i drove to the gym and had no problems ( its about a 20 min drive) I came out of the gym and started driving home. I was coming up to a red light and right as I was about to stop, the car shut off. I luckily had enough momentum to coast over to the shoulder. I tried to restart it and it just cranked. My battery went dead so I had my buddy come up to jump it. I sat for about 40 minutes until he got there. He hooked it up and I turned the key and it fired right up no issues and drove home.

Last Thursday same thing happened. I was driving to my buddies house ( who jumped me) upon coming to his street I came to a stop to turn left and the car died. I tried to start it and it just cranked. I tried to pop the clutch and that didn't work either. I coasted into his driveway and went to Md. when I came back about 5 hrs later I got in the car and it started right up.

Does anyone have any ideas as what could be going on or what to check? Noob's DON'T give your useless advice about checking grounds, battery, alternator bullshit cuz Im pretty sure the problem is greater than that.

Since this has been going on I have replaced the whole dizzy and nothing has changed. I need some help guys this is driving me fvcking crazy
Old 02-15-2010, 10:13 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Car stalling and wont restart until it cools down....

Check for power at the injectors, [when engine will not start and ign. switch on], the PGM-FI Main Relay, [injector and fuel pump relays] supplies power to the injectors.

You need to know what the problem is, no spark or no fuel, just because you can hear the fuel pump prime does not mean there is fuel getting to the cyclinders and just because you installed a new distributor does not mean you are getting spark, you need to test for both. 94
Old 02-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

up
Old 02-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
You need to know what the problem is, no spark or no fuel
x2.

Determine which it is and get back to us. Until we know that, its just pure conjecture.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bumpin