Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Car Dies or Bogs out when I go on the gas !! Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 09:45 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Dies or Bogs out when I go on the gas !! Help

when i started my car yesterday, it warmed up fine. When I was leaving my house it started to bog a little when i pressed more on the gas. Then when i was at a stop sign and went to go and pressed on the gas the car started bogging a little then started goin. I shut it off and started it a minute later. it started and shut off. waited like 15 seconds and it started. I took it to my buddies house that live few blocks away. the problems continued and worsened. Now when id go on the gas fast it would die out completely or bogg really bad. even at higher rpm it would bog. then it backfired once or twice before it would shut off. the idle was pretty normal though. it was only when I would go on the gas for the most part. Im not sure whats wrong i have a few things im thinking could be it but not sure what. if anyone had these problems and fixed it and could help me out id really appreciate it.

Could be the main relay, or the fuel pump/filter(stupid me ran the car outa gas it may have clogged, car never has alot of gas in it half tank at most. only super premium gas is used. , could it be the ecu? or the timing? but i think if it were the timing that it wouldnt idle good either.

Also, even when i had my stok dx motor in my car when i would start my car it would start for a second and turn off, then take about 15 seconds or so and try to start it agian and it start. does the same thing on my jdm b16 not sure why. any help would be great. thanks
Old 01-10-2005, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car Dies or Bogs out when I go on the gas !! Help (klubhed1)

sounds like dizzy or a timing issue does it idle fine you may have the tps wire mixed just a thought