Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Buyer Beware: JDM DPacro / Jeremy Tanner / jdmsumo.com / p1mmiz321@live.com / JDM-DPD

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer Beware: JDM DPacro / Jeremy Tanner / jdmsumo.com / p1mmiz321@live.com / JDM-DPD

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know DO NOT BUY FROM JEREMY TANNER. I will list all of his information below.

Name: Jeremy Tanner
Company: JDM-DPDistribution
Email: p1mmiz321@live.com
Paypal: p1mmiz321@live.com
Phone Number: 514-712-7990
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/JDM-D...98303140186006

Here's how the story goes. Jeremy is an importer based in Canada. I bought an ITR engine, and 2 5 lug swaps from him around 2 years ago, and everything was great. I didn't have a single problem with the transaction. I even vouched for him on many threads and to many friends. I had kept in touch with him over the years, and I recently wanted to buy some blue DC5 Recaros. I messaged him and asked him if he had any, and he replied with "yes i have a set in very good condition. jdm drive side with very minor wear and passenger side near new condition." I asked him to send me pics, and he emailed me these pictures of the supposed seats.

The seats in the picture were mint, so I felt reassured on buying them. As a part of the deal he agreed to give me EG/DC rails with the seats. I paid for the seats on March 4, 2014. He assured me the seats would be shipped out within 72 business hours, and would take 5-7 business days to get to me. Well a few days later I asked if my seats had shipped out yet, and he said no and said they will the next day, then i asked the next day and he said the next day. This kept going on for a couple of weeks or so. The seats were finally shipped out on March 20,2014. I received the seats on March 26, 2014. The first thing I noticed upon opening them up was that the seat rails were not in the box. I texted Jeremy and asked where they were. He said they were in another box on there way to me already. I'll get back to this later on. After peeling back the plastic from the seats I noticed quite a few stains and a couple of small holes in the seats, along with a lot of wear on the driver's seats. Pictures below.

Driver's

Passenger's

There are also many black stains on the seats that my camera wouldn't show. I knew that the seats that I got were absolutely not the seats in the pics. I went to Jeremy with my concerns and he promised me over and over that the seats were the ones pictured, and I told him they weren't. He just kept saying that the seats he sent me were in mint condition. After back and forth for awhile I told him I wanted a partial refund of $300, and he said he would give me $100. I declined and stood by $300. He then offered $200 and I declined again. I told him we would discuss if further when I received my seat rails, which I expected to be there within a day or 2. After doing some research online while looking for some more seats that were actually mint I ran into an old post of Jeremy's from 2011 with the exact same pictures he sent of the seats for sale. In the thread he says "3 SETs LEFT Like this one ,, flawless !!!." So the pictures he sent me clearly were not the seats I received.

Link:http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2991183

After even more digging I found the exact pictures he sent me on another company's website!

Link:http://www.tokyomotorimports.com/eng...%20TYPE-R.html

Needless to say after finding all of this I was furious. So back to the seat rails. He told me that they were already on there way when I received my seats. Well The rails shipped out on April 12, 2014, 17 days after I got my seats!!! I finally received the rails on April 21, 2014, 7 weeks after I sent the payment. I opened up the rails and stuck them in my EG, and it turns out that they are EK rails, so only 3 bolts line up. I told him about all of my problems with what happened and he kept insisting that the seats were in mint condition. He told me that I could pay to ship them back to him in Canada, and he would give me back $1300. I denied. I even asked directly do you think the seats that you sent me are in mint condition, and he said yes they're mint. I replied with they have 5 holes in them, and he said you put those holes in them so you could get a better deal. I said why would I put holes in seats that I plan to use just to get a discount, and he said he didn't know. He just kept insisting that I was complaining just so I could get a better deal. I asked him why I didn't do it the previous time when I spent $3500 with him, and he didn't have anything to say to that. After all of this he denied giving me any money back on them, so I told him that I was going to file a Paypal claim. Well it turns out that I only had 45 days to file a paypal claim, and because of his bullshit around with me and my parts I didn't even receive everything until after 45 days. You all are welcome to draw your own opinions on this, but I hope that this travels around everywhere, and he loses all of his business. We in the community have to deal with enough bad businesses, so one less would help out.

Last edited by justahatch09; 05-07-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Buyer Beware: JDM DPacro / Jeremy Tanner / jdmsumo.com / p1mmiz321@live.com / JDM

I bought some dc2 recaro seats with ctr rails from him I got the seats and im pretty sure they were not the ones in the pic he sent me but they were still in good condition so I did'nt bother complaining.. he also did not sent me the rails at first but I just called him and the rails were at my door a week later so cant complain. yours looks terrible compared to the pics and it sucks that you cant file a claim on paypal because of the timeline. That guy is also banned from h-t he said it was because he did not want to pay sponsorship fees or something but who knows.