Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

2000 BLACK INTEGRA TYPE R DEAL WENT WRONG

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 BLACK INTEGRA TYPE R DEAL WENT WRONG

Hi Honda-tech I recently bought a 2000 FBP Type R from k20acrxek on here for $10k and I went to see the car and he gave me a ride in the car and the car drove fine and he didn't beat on so i couldn't see if was burning oil or anything but when I went to pick up the car I checked the oil and everything to see if it was fine and it had plenty of oil. I didn't get to drive it until he saw the cash . So then when i gave him the cash and i finally left his house to go back home I noticed it was smoking like a chimney around vtec and (mind you he didn't get on it when he gave me a ride) so I called him and told him it was smoking and he said it never smoked like that and he said it was fine when he had which is STRAIGHT BULLSHIT . So i get home and then the next day i check the oil again and it was lower then what it had originally had so i added a half a quart of oil. I went to the DMV to register it then go to work , on the way back home from work it was smoking even more so that night i went out and i noticed the check engine was blinking so i pulled over to check what was wrong and the oil was at the first DOT which is really really low it was smoking from the dipstick and i called the dude and told him its smoking like crazy and burning oil . He says "Hey when i had the car it never smoked or gave me any problems at all so idk what your talking about and you probably was beating the crap out of it " and i said no i don't beat on my cars at all which is true i never do and any of my friends can relate to that , I take good car of my cars . So i added 1 quart and a half and i turned it on and it started knocking like crazy and i told him to give me the money for a new motor or at least half the motor . And he said no way im not giving you anything there wasn't anything wrong with the car and i don't know if you were beating the **** out of it . So basically i just got ****ed over $10k from this guy .H-T DO NOT MAKE ANY DEALS with this dude hes a full of **** and hes a crook.

Original FORSALE THREAD
http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show...highlight=type

Last edited by willywonka514; 02-24-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: 2000 BLACK INTEGRA TYPE R DEAL WENT WRONG

Originally Posted by willywonka514
Hi Honda-tech I recently bought a 2000 FBP Type R from k20acrxek on here for $10k and I went to see the car and he gave me a ride in the car and the car drove fine and he didn't beat on so i couldn't see if was burning oil or anything but when I went to pick up the car I checked the oil and everything to see if it was fine and it had plenty of oil. I didn't get to drive it until he saw the cash . So then when i gave him the cash and i finally left his house to go back home I noticed it was smoking like a chimney around vtec and (mind you he didn't get on it when he gave me a ride) so I called him and told him it was smoking and he said it never smoked like that and he said it was fine when he had which is STRAIGHT BULLSHIT . So i get home and then the next day i check the oil again and it was lower then what it had originally had so i added a half a quart of oil. I went to the DMV to register it then go to work , on the way back home from work it was smoking even more so that night i went out and i noticed the check engine was blinking so i pulled over to check what was wrong and the oil was at the first DOT which is really really low it was smoking from the dipstick and i called the dude and told him its smoking like crazy and burning oil . He says "Hey when i had the car it never smoked or gave me any problems at all so idk what your talking about and you probably was beating the crap out of it " and i said no i don't beat on my cars at all which is true i never do and any of my friends can relate to that , I take good car of my cars . So i added 1 quart and a half and i turned it on and it started knocking like crazy and i told him to give me the money for a new motor or at least half the motor . And he said no way im not giving you anything there wasn't anything wrong with the car and i don't know if you were beating the **** out of it . So basically i just got ****ed over $10k from this guy .H-T DO NOT MAKE ANY DEALS with this dude hes a full of **** and hes a crook.

Original FORSALE THREAD
http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show...highlight=type

I feel your pain man, BUT a used car is sold as is. You should have compression tested it right on the spot. The guy may very well have known the motor was on it's way out. Sucks that happend but you wont be seeing any money from the guy.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i know but he should of at least been honest with me and told me but nooo he didn't. but hey Karma is a bitch and it will bite him in the *** .
Old 02-25-2012, 08:01 PM
06h
Honda-Tech Member

hopefully you ran a carfax on the car
Old 02-25-2012, 08:01 PM
06h
Honda-Tech Member

Take him to small claims court for mental and financial distress.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn bro thats f'up the eh was fresh you shouldve of just kept the k honestly type r are over rated glw it tho
Old 02-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 06h
hopefully you ran a carfax on the car
are you stupid? last time i checked car fax didnt tell you when a car smoked or burned fluids
Old 02-26-2012, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i checked the car fax but it has nothing to do with smoking or burning oil . but ima just rebuild the motor and call it a day **** it .
Old 02-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by willywonka514
yeah i checked the car fax but it has nothing to do with smoking or burning oil . but ima just rebuild the motor and call it a day **** it .
man that sucks.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah tell me about it .
Old 02-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Ruy
Honda-Tech Member

**** that sucks give the guy a visit
Old 02-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did a mechanic inspect it before you purchased it????? Any used car is always gonna have issues. Sucks he was not up front with you about the condition of the motor. Another "SCAMMER" on here. We all live and learn from it. I've been there myself. Good Luck on the Rebuild.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what a dick...
Old 02-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 93grayeg
I feel your pain man, BUT a used car is sold as is. You should have compression tested it right on the spot. The guy may very well have known the motor was on it's way out. Sucks that happend but you wont be seeing any money from the guy.
I hate dishonest people like that but You should of did more homework and research on the R b4 you bought it. I when I bought my R I drove it for an hour on the highways and streets. In and out of vtec. Checked everything, I mean everything! Then I give the dude cash but the person I bought it from was almost 40 at the time! He was super honest. Didn't hide anything. If that would of happen to me I would of taken the R back the same day! But **** happens and best of luck with the rebuild! Just wondering if the dude you bought it from is a active itr member on here? This would be great in the itr threads

Originally Posted by jdm ek o
honestly type r are over rated glw it tho
How does the song go again? "It ain't a Tight car, If it ain't a Type R" LOL
Old 03-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you read his add he states the car burns oil
http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show...53&postcount=6

Did you try checking the pcv valve and the black box on the back of the block to see if they are clogged?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ITR.#1446
When you read his add he states the car burns oil
http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show...53&postcount=6

Did you try checking the pcv valve and the black box on the back of the block to see if they are clogged?

yeah i saw that but it was smoking way worst then that and the valve is ****ed on the head and the piston rings are closed shut and the bearings are ****ed